TAC Fuel Balancer-DISCONTINUED

TaranisElsu

first of all, thanks for that great mod!

My question: Is there a way to keep the balancing active after you change to another (nearby) craft? I'm affraid there is none, but I try it anyway :)

I want to build a kethane miner/converter with several KAS connector ports/winches to connect and disconnect "x" amount of fuel tanks. Sadly, the kethane converter doesn't recognize docked fuel tanks (via KAS) as directly attached fuel tanks, ergo no automatic fuel transfer to these tanks while converting.

My idea was to attach a small tank to the converter and use this mod to automatically transfer all incoming fuel from this tank to all my large fuel tanks, which is by the way working perfectly. The only problem is that TAC fuel Balancer lose its settings after switching to/from another vessel.

Very useful mod! I do find myself wishing for the ability to be able to group fuel tanks together and act on multiple tanks with one command though...

Also: any chance there could be a way to transfer liquid fuel AND oxidizer at once? I can't count the times I've transferred liquid fuel without remembering to transfer the oxidizer. =(

Great mod already though!

• 4 weeks later...
TaranisElsu, a few days ago you have mentioned over in the StretchyTanks thread, that the problem arising in the use of Fuel Balancer with Stretchy Tanks has already been fixed.

Is there a chance of an update any time soon? It's been annoying me quite persistently. :)

First off, thank you for this mod, I find it indispensable, I use TAC Fuel Balancer and StretchyTanks and I experience the problem above as well. Eagerly awaiting an update when you have the time, hope all is well.

Thanks

Very useful mod! I do find myself wishing for the ability to be able to group fuel tanks together and act on multiple tanks with one command though...

Also: any chance there could be a way to transfer liquid fuel AND oxidizer at once? I can't count the times I've transferred liquid fuel without remembering to transfer the oxidizer. =(

The grouping would be a great, great feature.

I would agree with this. To be able to hold down control, click 5 tanks then click balance would save a lot of time and also if you were to select 5 tanks at once then output they should not go out of balance. Also to transfer the right ratio of Lf and Ox with a button would be awesome.

• 2 weeks later...
I have a problem, the icon should be in the top right of my screen but there is nothing!

All files are here:

C:\Program Files\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\TacFuelBalancer

Do somebody now why?

Open the config file at: Kerbal Space Program\GameData\TacFuelBalancer\PluginData\TacFuelBalancer\FuelBalancer.cfg

And change the icon.x and icon.y values to 100,100 and see if that helps. If so, then you can drag the icon to a better position (if not using Linux :() or you can set the position in the config file.

Hey Taranis,

I'm using your balancer in career mode, when i load a saved flight the option to transfer or balance fuel is no longer available, only the option to highlight a tank works. Any insight on what could be causing this?

Steam version, lots of mods, only started to be an issue after the update.

Thanks, and keep up the good work, id be screwed without this mod!

Hey Taranis,

I'm using your balancer in career mode, when i load a saved flight the option to transfer or balance fuel is no longer available, only the option to highlight a tank works. Any insight on what could be causing this?

Steam version, lots of mods, only started to be an issue after the update.

Thanks, and keep up the good work, id be screwed without this mod!

Would you answer some of these questions: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/25823-0-21-1-TAC-Fuel-Balancer-25Jul?p=563973&viewfull=1#post563973

Plus three additional questions:

10) Bring up the information dialog on the map view and tell me what the "Vessel State" is when you see the above problem (Prelaunch/Landed/Orbiting/etc).

11) What mods do you have installed?

12) You said the highlight option is still there, which other ones are? Is Edit?

Thanks!

Open the config file at: Kerbal Space Program\GameData\TacFuelBalancer\PluginData\TacFuelBalancer\FuelBalancer.cfg

And change the icon.x and icon.y values to 100,100 and see if that helps. If so, then you can drag the icon to a better position (if not using Linux :() or you can set the position in the config file.

Hm strange i dont have this config file! I just have two *.png files in there! One is named "icon" and the other "resize". I download it again and its the same. And also in the other folders i cant find the FuelBalancer.cfg

Edit: Now its working. I made everything the same way as yesterday. But thanks for your help!

Edited by Stingray

Ok so I tried recreating the situation minus any mods besides yours. I removed all plugins and dropped in my backup clean "Gamedata" folder, then installed only TAC fuel balancer. I used basically the same craft as before, and tested it on others as well. It appears to happen only when my ship runs out of battery power (not sure if this a planned feature or not, if so I apologize).

-I also checked the log file and saw no errors, just mentions of the game loading the assembly "Load(Assembly): TacFuelBalancer/TacFuelBalancer" and "Non platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\TacFuelBalancer\TacFuelBalancer.dll (this message is harmless)"

-There are no errors in the alt-f12 menu, only mention that the module has been loaded and is awake.

-It does not crash the game

-All files and folders are in the correct locations, and I have re downloaded and installed the mod

-Only the option to highlight the tanks remains, no other options regarding the tanks exist

...It appears to happen only when my ship runs out of battery power (not sure if this a planned feature or not, if so I apologize)...

Oops, sorry for the headache. That was a change in v2.0:

- Disabled if out of power or the vessel is not "controllable".

Here is a request. I was building an asymmetric launch vehicle today and was trying to use this mod to keep fuel tanks above the engines balanced fuel wise (great in theory, it is the purpose of the mod) but I ran into the problem of rebalancing on the fly. Could you add the option to balance fuel levels in a stage, ie so that all engines are burning from an equal fuel stock. Example, you have a FL-800 tank with a mainsail underneath it You also have 4 rockomax 32s strapped the outside of it each with a mainsail underneath it. You want them to all burn out at the same time. Doable enough just balance the tanks and take off. the 5 mainsails burn and shutoff exactly at the same time, bravo. You have a stage above it that is precisely identical to this one. This time however you don't have the luxury of sitting on the pad clicking balance for all the tanks. Maybe a "balance fuel for stage" button where the plugin tries to keep fuel levels the same in each stage. Thanks for the consideration.

Grouping. If you could assign these tanks to group one, those tanks to group two, group one would balance and group two would balance separate from each other so you do not have the headache of figuring out which of the many many tanks are this stage and which the next. if this could get saved in a little config file for the next time you loaded that would be a great combo of features..

I love this mod. Using it a lot, though, there's a couple things I find I wish I had: The ability to choose a bunch of outputs, select a bunch of inputs, and hit "go", then "stop". It's really difficult to do something like that because I end up needing to lock a lot sources, then when I say transfer out or transfer in, they all get out of balance as it immediately starts to transfer into sources that fuel is supposed to be transferred out of. The other thing that I really wish for is the ability to automatically transfer a precise amount.

If these have been suggested, please consider this a vote for implementation. Thank you.

I love this mod. Using it a lot, though, there's a couple things I find I wish I had: The ability to choose a bunch of outputs, select a bunch of inputs, and hit "go", then "stop". It's really difficult to do something like that because I end up needing to lock a lot sources, then when I say transfer out or transfer in, they all get out of balance as it immediately starts to transfer into sources that fuel is supposed to be transferred out of. The other thing that I really wish for is the ability to automatically transfer a precise amount.

If these have been suggested, please consider this a vote for implementation. Thank you.

Grouping. If you could assign these tanks to group one, those tanks to group two, group one would output and group two would input separate from other tanks so you do not have the headache of figuring out which of the many many tanks are this stage and which the next or locking many tanks. If this could get saved in a little config file for the next time you loaded that would be a great combo of features..

Hi,

I'm having a problem with this mod; initially, clicking on the icon to bring up the window, it had that teeny icon on the bottom right corner, presumably to make the window larger and I clicked it - now the window appears to have become infinitely large, I can drag it left all day but I never get to the right edge. And it seems to me I can't actually make any fuel transfers. Or close that huge window. Here's a screenshot: screenshot37.png

edit - apparently this is known bug when playing in linux :(

Edited by kurja

I have same problem under linux, + starting icon migrates to rigth and down(this bus also apears part lister)

Now I use hacked fuel balancer 1,1 under linux.

1 simple idea - the symetrical fuel tanks could be used as 1 part - optionally

I mean example:

2xFLT big (summed capacity and they are balanced among each others)

instead of

FLT big

FLT big

I have same problem under linux, + starting icon migrates to rigth and down(this bus also apears part lister)

Now I use hacked fuel balancer 1,1 under linux.

Are you saying that you fixed it? Or have some work around? I would really like to fix it but I have no idea how, and I do not have a Linux box set up to test it on :(

Sadly not.

I use the old 1,1 version "modernized" to the 0.22. That old version had nor icon, neither such resize button. I haven't seen the code of 2.0 yet.

I used several ad-ons, and except of your mods i have met just simple Name<>name problems.

The resized window got - as I remember - size of 32k+n in the config size. Maybe signed-unsigned word problem?

The icon migration: I have no idea.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.