TAC Fuel Balancer-DISCONTINUED

TaranisElsu

• 4 weeks later...
Not working for me as the items are hidden and the output logs says something about not satisfying its needs.

Something's missing. Check your install and make sure you didn't go around renaming folders for things. I know TriggerTech's stuff gets whiny if you don't keep the trigger tech folder structure. I've noticed TAC LS has behaved like that too.

I can't seem to get it to work with Toolbar, I tell it to show the icon ("FB"") but nothing appears.

You're looking for the wrong icon. That FB icon isn't the icon to do fuel balancing. It's a red one without letters.

• 2 weeks later...
You're looking for the wrong icon. That FB icon isn't the icon to do fuel balancing. It's a red one without letters.

What??? Where?

---

Never mind I fixed it, no help from you though :P I figured out the problem by looking further back into this thread for someone that had the same problem: turns out TFB needs to be in "ThunderAerospace" folder to work with toolbar.

Edited by RuBisCO

It's the red U shape with two black blobs on top.

Yeah, No, that icon does not appear unless it is in the ThunderAerospace folder and toolbar is installed. Else it is just the "FB" button that does not work/appear with toolbar installed.

What??? Where?

---

Never mind I fixed it, no help from you though :P I figured out the problem by looking further back into this thread for someone that had the same problem: turns out TFB needs to be in "ThunderAerospace" folder to work with toolbar.

It needs to be in the {KSP}/GameData/ThunderAerospace/TacFuelBalancer folder to fully function correctly, with or without the Toolbar. Please do not move it or rename any of the directories.

TaranisElsu is the mod author. That looks like a friendly reminder that plugins need to be installed correctly in order to work. As the Readme in the download says:

Installation procedure

1) Copy everything in the GameData directory to the {KSP}/GameData directory

Side note: In the future, you'll probably get a solution in less than two weeks if you include your output_log.txt (Win) or player.log (Mac, Linux). Among other things, that log lists the install locations of every add-on. You can find it here:

Windows 32 bit: KSP\KSP_Data\output_log.txt

Windows 64 bit: KSP_win64\KSP_x64_DATA\output_log.txt

Mac OS X: Open Console, browse to Unity, then click on player.log. It's also located at ~/Library/Logs/Unity/player.log.

Linux: ~/.config/unity3d/Squad/Kerbal\ Space\ Program/Player.log

TaranisElsu is the mod author. That looks like a friendly reminder that plugins need to be installed correctly in order to work. As the Readme in the download says

Hey it worked fine before, it is just I never tried it with toolbar, let me repeat: it works outside of that folder directory scheme as a stand alone, but not with toolbar.

I don't think the log file would help when all I needed to do was read back a page on the thread for someone else that had the same exact problem and solve it the same exact way. It was my fault to inquire at all, instead of read a little more.

Edited by RuBisCO

... Is this somekind of echo chamber?

Sorry, I said that more for the next person's benefit since you already figured it out. I wanted to emphasize the importance of installing in the right place.

Hey it worked fine before, it is just I never tried it with toolbar, let me repeat: it works outside of that folder directory scheme as a stand alone, but not with toolbar.

I don't think the log file would help when all I needed to do was read back a page on the thread for someone else that had the same exact problem and solve it the same exact way. It was my fault to inquire at all, instead of read a little more.

I would have seen the incorrect path in the log file since KSP outputs a log statement for every DLL that it loads. I must still be loading my icon the "old way" when the toolbar is not there. I am surprised that you did not have more issues.

love the mod, glad it still works in 0.24.2 x64, at least for me anyway.

Do you have any plans in the future to add functionality to add a page which adds comparability to Rasterprop?

I probably won't since I have not used that mod and I have a lot to work on (I like expansive views rather than tiny little windows), but I would not mind incorporating changes that would allow someone else to write a display that interfaces with this.

errr...

I know it gonna sound ridiculous but I can't open the GUI. I tried to activate it trough the toolbar plugin but I can't add the fuel balencer button on the bar(i.e when I try to add it, no additional button appear on the toolbar).

Is there anything I'm doing wrong?(to be honest, it's a rhetorical question: I know I am doing something wrong.)

errr...

I know it gonna sound ridiculous but I can't open the GUI. I tried to activate it trough the toolbar plugin but I can't add the fuel balencer button on the bar(i.e when I try to add it, no additional button appear on the toolbar).

Is there anything I'm doing wrong?(to be honest, it's a rhetorical question: I know I am doing something wrong.)

1) Log file? This applies here too: https://github.com/taraniselsu/TacLifeSupport/wiki/Help, just replace TACLS with TACFB.

2) You probably have the same problem that RuBisCO had on the last page. I understand not reading all 30+ pages, but a page or two? Pretty please?

1) Log file? This applies here too: https://github.com/taraniselsu/TacLifeSupport/wiki/Help, just replace TACLS with TACFB.

2) You probably have the same problem that RuBisCO had on the last page. I understand not reading all 30+ pages, but a page or two? Pretty please?

Oups...

Somehow, I alway forget to read a few pages before begging for help...

Anyway, I solved the problem the same way RuBisCO did(and at the same time, I did a face palm because I should have checked that in the first place).

:blush:

Edited by goldenpeach

Just make a note of it on the first post something like "If the button does not appear in toolbar, it is probably because you did not install "TacFuelBalancer" folder inside the "ThunderAerospace", the path "...GameData/ThunderAerospace/TacFuelBalancer/..." must be present for the plugin to work with toolbar."

Just make a note of it on the first post something like "If the button does not appear in toolbar, it is probably because you did not install "TacFuelBalancer" folder inside the "ThunderAerospace", the path "...GameData/ThunderAerospace/TacFuelBalancer/..." must be present for the plugin to work with toolbar."

I am going to add an InstallChecker like I did to my TAC Life Support mod. I got it from Kethane by Majiir.

Since it leads to a common mistake when installing my mods, I would like to gather your opinions and see if there are strong feelings one way or the other. Please answer this quick straw poll:

In your opinion, should I group all of my mods under the ThunderAerospace directory or not?

http://strawpoll.me/2298616

How do you edit fuel on the launch pad? I've pressed every button in the GUI I could find, and can't figure it out.

EDIT: Also, it seems there's a resize-thingy in the bottom-right of the window, but it doesn't resize via dragging. Dragging only makes it move the window. A single click (no drag) does seem to resize it by one-pixal's distance though.

EDIT 2: Also getting a lot of errors. http://i.imgur.com/oudaDjo.jpg

Edited by Entropius

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.