Docking help

Well after many hours of trying to dock two space station parts together i've come to the conclusion that i might be doing something wrong or using the wrong parts maybe?

I've touched the "clam o-tron docking port" (otherwise known as the male end) to the "rockomax hubmax Multi-point connector" at around 0.1 m/s. and after about 7 hours total of learning to use the docking controls i managed to get them lined up better then a lot of the you tube video's i've seen. As in lined up, squared up, and touching so softly you can hardly see them moving.

Not sure what i am doing wrong. Am i using the correct parts? do i need to somehow prep the parts to tell them to connect?

I'm using the steam version of kerbal if it makes any difference.

Any help MUCH appreciated.

I've touched the "clam o-tron docking port" (otherwise known as the male end) to the "rockomax hubmax Multi-point connector" at around 0.1 m/s.

Docking ports aren't suction cups that'll stick to anything, you have to touch one docking port to another to dock - touching a docking port to a hubmax connector is just a standard part to part collision and won't do anything special.

Docking ports are not male and female.

Yep. There's got to be a corresponding port attached to the hubmax...

Well that would have been usefull information before lifting two things into orbit lol. I like the tongue in cheek descriptions for parts but sometimes they could be a lot more helpful. Thanks i'll try it out.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.