[AnyOS] KSP Mod Admin v2 - Mod install with a few clicks

MacTee

OK, i have some things for the wishlist too.

Could it be possible to add a function to change the source zip file directly? and not only change the source folder for the zip. I modified the zip-name in the kspmodadmin.cfg manualy last night :).

For the extra browser window for selection of the download link, would it be possible to get a back button? Sometimes i search for the right download link and press a wrong link or source, if i recognice it i cant go back so i have to start over.

Nochmal kurz auf deutsch, bevor es wieder zu Sprachproblemen aufgrund meiner Englischkenntnissen kommt.

Es wäre schön wenn man nicht nur das Quellverzeichniss für die Zip-Dateien der Mods wählen könnte, sondern auch die Zip direkt. Ich hab das manuell in der kspmodadmin.cfg geändert, weil er einige Zip-Dateien nicht finden wollte (Realchutes z.B.)

Wo ich auch öfters drüber gestolpert bin, wenn man einen Mod downloaden will und er den Link nicht findet kommt ja ein neues Fenster, klickt man hier aus unwissenheit den falschen Link, oder ist dort nicht die erwartete Zip kommt man nicht mehr zurück und muss komplett von forne anfangen. Ein zurück-Button wäre hilfreich, sofern das vom Code her an dieser Stelle geht.

Edited by DianonForce

Hi all,

short info, i won't be able to do anything on KSP MA in the next two weeks (like the passed week =( ).

I have notes of all your suggestions/wishes so they won't get lost =)

have fun ... meet you in the Wastelands ....

I am trying to figure out how to use this mod, I have downloaded and installed it and it appears to be working but when I try to update the mods, which are all shown in green, all I get is this

"B9_Aerospace" checking ...

"B9_Aerospace" has no valid Spaceport or Forum URL

"BahaSP" checking ...

"BahaSP" has no valid Spaceport or Forum URL

"BDArmory" checking ...

"BDArmory" has no valid Spaceport or Forum URL

"BoulderCo" checking ...

"BoulderCo" has no valid Spaceport or Forum URL

for every single mod. I know that my Infernal Robotics needs to be updated so what am I missing?

any help is greatly appreciated!

The Program seems to missing the proper forum links. Since spaceport is closed, there will never been such an url.

Right klick on the Mod, select edit mod info, paste the ksp-forum url from this mod in the proper textbox and check the radio button in front off. Should be working.

Bug: Backup Zip files do not preserve case of folder names.

This is true for both the "Create backup on ..." automatic backups and the manual full backups.

Example: TAC life support appears to base case sensitive. The folder in gamedata should be named "ThunderAerospace", but in the backup zip file the folder is named "thunderaerospace".

To recreate: create a backup zip file, then compare the folder listing to the zip file contents.

Test system: Windows 7 Professional, x64.

Edit:

Noticed a related issue: Items in the base folder (Kerbal Space Program) are not being saved into the root of the archive.

In my environment, I am running the Steam version of KSP. KSP root is located at f:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Kerbal Space Program. The files that are there are stored in the programfiles tree and forward in the zip.

Pictures to illustrate the problem since I'm too tired to explain it well:

Picture 1: showing the contents of the root folder of the zip file (using z-Zip file manager.)

Screen%20Shot%2009-29-14%20at%2011.51%20PM.PNG

Picture 2: Showing the path and contents of the nested folder structure.

Screen%20Shot%2009-29-14%20at%2011.54%20PM.PNG

I have tried changing the code in ucBackup.cs so that when adding folders to the zip file it used .ToString instead of .ToLower, but that only exacerbated the issue, now all folders are in the deep nested structure. (Only have familiarity with VB.Net, not C#.)

Not sure if different environments/install methods result in different case of folders (Saves vs. saves) but the whole app seems to want to go all lowercase. While this does make it easier to handle file/folder enumeration and checking, it breaks some mods (TAC Life Support) if you restore from an all lowercase backup.

Edited by 4o66

Feature Request: Include full version in titlebar

Please include the build in the titlebar for the "PR" releases.

Edit: Change Line 457 of frmMainForm.cs from

Text = Text + mVersion;

to

Text = Text + mAdminVersion;

Edited by 4o66
Found line is source myself :)

I am releasing an unofficial 1.4.0.16.

What, you got permission from the author to increase version number? If not, you can only tell you are making a modified version based on an existing one (e.g., 1.4.0.PR15.a), as the main line of versions is to be used for official ones. This will only be confusing, as the 1.4.0.16 version is possibly already with a meaning in the author's plan. If the author wanted to use that version number, your version will necessarily have to change it (and I will make sure of that).

What, you got permission from the author to increase version number? If not, you can only tell you are making a modified version based on an existing one (e.g., 1.4.0.PR15.a), as the main line of versions is to be used for official ones. This will only be confusing, as the 1.4.0.16 version is possibly already with a meaning in the author's plan. If the author wanted to use that version number, your version will necessarily have to change it (and I will make sure of that).

My message to the original author has gone unanswered, so I have used the next build number in sequence (a number that is not even displayed by the software for normal releases.) If this causes problems with the author's plans then I will apologize. I used 1.4.0.16 as Visual Studio (the IDE used to edit and compile the code) only supports 4 fields (numeric) for versioning (that I am aware of.) Had I done more than fix an error in the way it handles zip files and extend the code to allow another mod source (adapting his own code to do so) I would have simply forked the project and started a totally new thread. Before releasing my build I did consider how I would feel if the situation was reversed.

Ultimately if MacTee feels I took things in a direction he did not want to go, I will withdraw.

Edited by 4o66
spelling

How am I to create separate KSP installations? This is making it a little hard to keep nicely separated games. I installed 0.25 into a new folder, along with the most recent version of your mod manager. When I start it up though, I get all the mods I use in 23.5. When I go to Options > Add a KSP install folder with a folder browser the mod manager keeps saying This is not the KSP install path, whichever 0.25 folder I use.

How am I to create separate KSP installations? This is making it a little hard to keep nicely separated games. I installed 0.25 into a new folder, along with the most recent version of your mod manager. When I start it up though, I get all the mods I use in 23.5. When I go to Options > Add a KSP install folder with a folder browser the mod manager keeps saying This is not the KSP install path, whichever 0.25 folder I use.

Can you screenshot the contents of the KSP folder? I will try to see why you get the "not the KSP path" error.

Edited by 4o66

How am I to create separate KSP installations?

To add more than one install copy of KSP you must have each copy or version in its own folder.

Once you do, go to the Options, Paths tabs. Click the "Add Folder" button and browse to your additional KSP folder you want to add.

If the folder you selected is detected as a valid, full install of KSP is will be added to the Install Folder list (shown at the top of the app.)

This will work for different versions, but for different sets of mods on the same version you need to have multiple copies of the KSP folder.

Screen%20Shot%2010-07-14%20at%2008.08%20PM.PNG

Can you screenshot the contents of the KSP folder? I will try to see why you get the "not the KSP path" error.

I downloaded 0.25 x64 and extracted it the way it is zipped (so the whole KSP_win64 folder). I did put it in another folder (Kerbal Space Program 0.25), but I tried both and they give the same error. The installation is unmodded and, more importantly, working fine.

I could make some screen shots if you really want them, though I am switching back to x86 because of FAR.

I downloaded 0.25 x64 and extracted it the way it is zipped

I only have KSP via Steam, so not sure what the zip contents look like.

When the code checks for a valid KSP folder it is looking for either KSP.exe or KSP_x64.exe (CaSe SenSitIve!)

I only have KSP via Steam, so not sure what the zip contents look like.

When the code checks for a valid KSP folder it is looking for either KSP.exe or KSP_x64.exe (CaSe SenSitIve!)

Copy paste of my executable: KSP_x64.exe

Looks all right, no? I will try again with x86.

Copy paste of my executable: KSP_x64.exe

Looks all right, no? I will try again with x86.

Posting from mobile so I don't have code in front of me. Make a copy of KSP_x86.exe to KSP.exe. It might not be using an OR when looking for the exe. (Steam install always has both.)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.