Tum Tum - For when you feel like bringing a TON of extra fuel to orbit and beyond.

Numi

Hey guys this is my first post since the wipe and I figured I would donate my ship for science! or any other uses you can think for it.

Its a refueler that can bring approximately 26k Liq Fuel, 31k Oxi, 3750 Mono up into a stable orbit around Kerbin. Or put more simply. 8 Jumbo-64 , 4 X200-8, 4 FL-T800, and 5 FL-R1 RCS. Not sure if that was any simpler haha. It also has a total of 13 Nuk engines for when you wanna bring fuel to distant places. The total weight of the payload is 380tn.

On the launchpad it stands at 854 Parts so beware haha. Im sure some people have an interest in how you get a payload like that into orbit so ill try to show details.

Here are afew shots of how its set up:

nv4a1mb.jpg

4x1h2m2.jpg

We have Liftoff:

Z3g1tuD.png

Tail is the first to go, followed by stage after stage...:

zJQQyDr.png

uILb570.png

Its a little tricky doing a proper gravity turn when youre dropping stages so quickly haha:

kON25KP.png

And we have jettisoned to last of the stages and are all payload now

JMQAqxR.png

ZbnpiGQ.png

Once youre done fueling you can always head back to Kerbin, and safely land (hopefully) with the chutes.

vLgP3qK.png

Ghw3QUs.jpg

Jebs always a lil bored when things go so smoothly :P

9yVIGZF.png

Instructions:

Set to full throttle, ASAS on, double tap 0 for Gimbal lockage. I make my gravity turn between 10-15km even though usually its towards the latter, and then slowly lean to achieve orbit. Its got enough fuel to get to 100x100km if you're pretty efficient with things, but getting a stable orbit is pretty easy even without it. You make of course have to play with where the fuel is before you attempt docking so that the ship is as balanced as possible.

Action keys:

1: Toggle All Nuks

2: Toggle the single nuk for more efficient travel

3: Toggle the four Rockomax 24-77 used mainly for slowing down so you dont have to rotate 180 degrees, yes im lazy!

0: Gimbals in the start.

Here is the craft file:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n2gdx7mniy6bdiw/Tum%20Tum.craft

And good luck with it :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.