Dragon Rider Capsule [0.23 (2/14/14)

Assuming this pod still functions in .22, where is the most sensible place in the tech tree to add it for research? I haven't messed around with the tree yet, but I can edit the config file to put the required lines in. I imagine it would be fairly late into the tech tree, since it has multiple crew seats, solar, and monoprop.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

OK. I've got a small issue that's driving me mad. It popped up suddenly in my ongoing savegame a few days ago, and it also happens in the new savegame I created in a clean install of KSP this morning. The only mods installed in the new, clean install are the cbbp_Dragon and MechJeb2.1 (latest dev version).

I've got a ship that's all stock except for the Dragon command pod created for duplication, but it seems to happen with *any* ship using the Dragon capsule.

The problem is that the Dragon capsule and mechjeb no longer perform the deceleration burn - it just slams into the ground at 110m/s or so each time. Previously mechjeb would put the capsule more or less on the money each time. It also seems to have a hard time using the Dragon engines to fine tune the landing site - it spends a lot of time wagging back and forth over applying corrective thrust.

This only happens with the Dragon capsule - every other ship I use for testing correctly executes the deceleration burn and lands on target.

Is anyone else having this issue? Should I be taking this to the mechjeb thread? Is there a way to upload a craft file here, or do I need a dropbox-esque location to link to?

Thanks in advance.

OK. I've got a small issue that's driving me mad. It popped up suddenly in my ongoing savegame a few days ago, and it also happens in the new savegame I created in a clean install of KSP this morning. The only mods installed in the new, clean install are the cbbp_Dragon and MechJeb2.1 (latest dev version).

I've got a ship that's all stock except for the Dragon command pod created for duplication, but it seems to happen with *any* ship using the Dragon capsule.

The problem is that the Dragon capsule and mechjeb no longer perform the deceleration burn - it just slams into the ground at 110m/s or so each time. Previously mechjeb would put the capsule more or less on the money each time. It also seems to have a hard time using the Dragon engines to fine tune the landing site - it spends a lot of time wagging back and forth over applying corrective thrust.

This only happens with the Dragon capsule - every other ship I use for testing correctly executes the deceleration burn and lands on target.

Is anyone else having this issue? Should I be taking this to the mechjeb thread? Is there a way to upload a craft file here, or do I need a dropbox-esque location to link to?

Thanks in advance.

There are a few bugs I've found with the landing-at-target in MechJeb 2.1 - it went loopy on me while landing on Mun with a lander I tested extensively on Kerbin beforehand. I wasn't using this this mod so I can only assume they messed up something in MechJeb 2.1...

For the sake of testing, try landing the DragonRider pod using the 'Land anywhere option in MechJeb. That one seems to work much more reliably for me.

Unfortunately this doesn't seem to play well with KSP 0.22 and Ferram 0.10. The "center of lift" is above the center of mass so it wants to fly backwards, which emphasizes the Deadly in Deadly Reentry. Also, why is the docking port so tiny compared to the Dragon?

• 2 weeks later...

@ Makc

It's a big capsule meant to hold a lot of people, and I'm guessing he wanted it to fit with the regular medium sized docking ports. Rather than it being "proprietary" and only be able to dock with other dragon-capsule-docks.

Though now that we have the larger senior dock, he might adapt it to work with that one.

I haven't talked to KBBP in a while he and I have been busy the last word was the inside of the dragon we were talking back and forth on and he was looking for any and all info in making it better. if there is a fundamental issue with the way it flies please let him know and if you have a fix please post it. this is currently in my opinion the best Dragon for KSP.

• 2 weeks later...

All is well :)

You know I don;t mean to brag but I loaded up dragon in KSP jsut now and I totally forgot how amazing it is.. I impressed myself 0___o

while flying it i realized I needed to preform some surgery to it to make the pilot seat align with the controls alittle more. after my current project I hope to finally get an IVA scene worthy of the outside installed into it :)

Edited by CardBoardBoxProcessor

I'm having a weird bug with this, where regardless of what I do or attach to it, or which stage the pod is in, the pod (and it's engines) activate even before launch, so that you touch the throttle... and it goes, without the ship its attached to. I can set it to action groups and turn it off pre-launch but it doesn't seem like this would be an intentional thing. Anyone else have the same bug? Any fixes?

Gorgeous capsule, I want to use it!

I'm having a weird bug with this, where regardless of what I do or attach to it, or which stage the pod is in, the pod (and it's engines) activate even before launch, so that you touch the throttle... and it goes, without the ship its attached to. I can set it to action groups and turn it off pre-launch but it doesn't seem like this would be an intentional thing. Anyone else have the same bug? Any fixes?

Gorgeous capsule, I want to use it!

I believe it's due to KSPI. The newest version of KSPI should have that bug fixed.

• 2 weeks later...
This is gone isn't it :(

I don't think so. CBBP said he was interested in doing something about this mod right on the previous page. Besides, it still works for sandbox, and for career if you add the [techRequired =] fields to the .cfg's.

KBBP is in work on something. Once he is done with it, the dragon should get an up date. If someone could post the required lines that are needed in the config file to make the dragon work in career mode it would be great. I'm in the middle of a move all computers packed.

KBBP is in work on something. Once he is done with it, the dragon should get an up date. If someone could post the required lines that are needed in the config file to make the dragon work in career mode it would be great. I'm in the middle of a move all computers packed.

I just copy this line

TechRequired = largeControl

into every part.cfg.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.