The ICBM mod from Mark James Space Co

Mark James

do you know how to write configs for parts I haven't quite got that down

While there are some places where I'm not quite that good at (attachment node positioning), I can write configurations for the various parts.

So, if you want, I can assist in that task.

I'd like to see you do a Polaris A-3... After all that was the "space program" I was involved with back in the day, and in a pinch you could use them for SRB's. :P

SLBMs? Much fun can be had with them, though they aren't the best as satellite launch vehicles (and you don't get the most out of them unless you can launch from underwater).

Though the Polaris is a multistage missile, so it wouldn't really be a good SRB, but it would probably make a nice sounding rocket, or extremely light satellite launcher. Presuming, of course the Polaris can get an object to orbital velocity not just a long-range suborbital trajectory.

what about t plugin for nukes

where when i nuke detonates a bright flash followed by the "glowing Mushroom cloud" and then a shock wave ect....

that would be the BEST. THING. EVER.

Well, if you want the flash, go talk with the person in charge of the Orion drive mod. (Which is a propulsion method that cam be described as "drop a nuke behind you and detonate it, repeat ad infinitum.") He's got his mod working so that each nuke detonation provides a flash.

Actual blast effects would be far, far more work then anyone would be willing to realistically work on; while it would be easy enough -- I presume -- to put in simple mushroom cloud graphical effects, the actual effects of the (thermonuclear) boom would require lots more work, and probably lag out most any computer.

Although they still work in the old folder and the original author is long gone, could someone update it? I can easily add the lazor system's explosions script to the cfg.

(I'll upload in just a moment)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/08z7b84goc432ny/qf3SmvmzEE

Edited by andrew123

Although they still work in the old folder and the original author is long gone, could someone update it? I can easily add the lazor system's explosions script to the cfg.

(I'll upload in just a moment)

The rocket is FASA gemini, right?

Since the icbm was never meant to be released, I only released the warhead part. And yes, that's the FASA and novapunch rockets, although the FASA rocket was uprated to 1300 units of thrust.

And I actually will upload the RS-24 soon. Just hang on. (It is quite easy to make with FASA and Novapunch if you edit the FASA srb)

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/37018-RS-24-Yars-ICBM-with-9-mirv-warheads-%28realistic%29

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RS-24

EDIT: Darn it... I made a double post...

Edited by andrew123

SLBMs? Much fun can be had with them, though they aren't the best as satellite launch vehicles (and you don't get the most out of them unless you can launch from underwater).

Though the Polaris is a multistage missile, so it wouldn't really be a good SRB, but it would probably make a nice sounding rocket, or extremely light satellite launcher. Presuming, of course the Polaris can get an object to orbital velocity not just a long-range suborbital trajectory.

I guess I should have been more clear... It wouldn't have to be a "function alike", but just more of a "look alike". It wouldn't need the clustered warhead, or be submarine launched... The 2500nm range would be nice though, and that would make them nice SRB's.

While there are some places where I'm not quite that good at (attachment node positioning), I can write configurations for the various parts.

So, if you want, I can assist in that task.

Well, if you want the flash, go talk with the person in charge of the Orion drive mod. (Which is a propulsion method that cam be described as "drop a nuke behind you and detonate it, repeat ad infinitum.") He's got his mod working so that each nuke detonation provides a flash.

Actual blast effects would be far, far more work then anyone would be willing to realistically work on; while it would be easy enough -- I presume -- to put in simple mushroom cloud graphical effects, the actual effects of the (thermonuclear) boom would require lots more work, and probably lag out most any computer.

Actually, most of the work is done. The Romfarer Weapon Systems mod's missiles have a blast radius and an effect. You just need to scale the blast and replace the effect with a mushroom cloud.

I'll add it this weekend, but I am OVERLOADED with homework from my summer studies, so I will have to make all of these things during the weekend.

Coming Soonâ„¢.

Meanwhile... :

So, I'll be back soon.

Edited by andrew123

• 2 weeks later...
Lemme guess, the R7 is a modified bobcat soviet pack Soyuz?
Yep it is I personally like his pack so I figured why not also after the initial release of the mod I will attempt

to make a plugin for romfer(don't remember how to spell his user name) weapon mod

so this is essentially a pack of icbm crafts? no really a mod except for the atlas?/titan II which is yours?

do you have the permission of the various authors for the parts your using in the craft pack?

Edited by DarthVader

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.