[0.20.2] KerbalEVA Lifesupport

Fel

Okay, So just going to release this (especially since it is now in a much better state than the original was)

Kudos to Module Manager for the "PartLoader" information.

And Kudos to the original source that I wrote [and deleted] without which none of this would be possible.

Kudos to Kerbal Alarm Clock for the code I originally used... and the idea to screw with Unity's GameObject code.

Also Kudos to the annoying Unity Documentation

You need some kind of "Oxygen" resource.

Said oxygen resource should be available on all command pods (or, at the very least, running "RequestResource("Oxygen",1)" on said command pod should return oxygen)

Oxygen is in units per hour.

This is just "Oxygen for KerbalEVA", use with some other LifeSupport mod for that aspect.

Souce + License + Plugin in File

https://www.dropbox.com/s/eleojwgr4rm33cz/KerbalEVALS.zip

Edited by Fel

• 1 month later...
Is there any way this can detect if you are on an oxygen containing planet, I hate having my kerbals sufficate standing outside the VAB

Never delved into mod making myself, but I'd guess there must be some fairly extensive support in there for the Air Intakes to use. Not just a "breathing capable" atmosphere, but its density as well.

Which leads to the idea of some type of kethane-style converter to use the intakeair resource to produce oxygen, to enable "refueling" the supply via the atmosphere?

Is there any way this can detect if you are on an oxygen containing planet, I hate having my kerbals sufficate standing outside the VAB

Done

if (FlightGlobals.currentMainBody.atmosphereContainsOxygen && part.vessel.atmDensity >= 0.7)

0.7 is something like 2500m, which seems rather generous.

*I'm not going to automatically "refill" the oxygen tanks... it really doesn't make sense to carry all that equipment (and the command pod can do that anyways).

Done

if (FlightGlobals.currentMainBody.atmosphereContainsOxygen && part.vessel.atmDensity >= 0.7)

0.7 is something like 2500m, which seems rather generous.

*I'm not going to automatically "refill" the oxygen tanks... it really doesn't make sense to carry all that equipment (and the command pod can do that anyways).

Oh of course, I'm just imagining they turn the lifesupport off and open the visor.

Sorry for snapping a bit... (just a bit grumpy right now).

Tell me if you can properly breath on Laythe (or if the atmospheric density needs to be tweaked to allow it).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

.21 seems to have broken this awesome mod, any chance for a fix in the future? To clarify, I've been using this in conjunction with Ioncross, which works great! After the .21 update Ioncross continues to function correctly. The issue with KerbalEVA is that while the oxygen supply is present on an EVA'd Kerbal, it is not utilized.

Edited by nebuchadnezzar
details

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.