Hawkinator's almost-multiplayer pass along the save file challenge thingy.

Challenge Completed

Total challenges completed: 29

Total kerbals lost: 0

Total lost vehicles: 5

Well, this was an interesting challenge. I got to have some real fun doing some science! Who would of thought the Mun was hard? I thought it was mad of cheese or something. Oh well, challenge complete! We hit the Mun at over 5km/s getting some vital data like GForce, Temperature.. pfft who needs information. Anyways, lets move on.

Check out my brief gallery here!

IE5RDZq.png

iucmBXI.png

"Mystery creates wonder and wonder is the basis of man's desire to understand." - Neil Armstrong.

Next Challenge I have setup a beautiful challenge for you. It is actually from a challenge I did not so long ago. I have built you a sub orbital rocket named Milo, with a 3 man capsule. You must get into a suborbital flight that will return CLOSE to KSC. There's a catch, you must save as all the kerbals. No big deal right? Well, during your sub orbital flight (exit into orbit with an Apoasis of about 95km, but Periapsis still below atmosphere) you must transfer two of your crew members in the main cockpit, to each of the gliders. These gliders are unpowered, meaning no engines, rcs, nothing. How would you get both to the ground safely? VERY carefully. Use the square bracket keys to switch back and forth between them on their decent ([ and ]). They MUST land. One they land, detach the glider wings and drive at least one kilometer in each rover, in any direction. But wait, don't forget about the last kerbal! He is falling too in the launcher. You must separate him from the launcher and return im to Kerbin (land or water) safely using both the parachute on the escape capsule and the engine. Good luck, and careful flying!

Pro tip: Since the gliders attain a lot of lift, I suggest not performing the gravity turn until at least 15km and stage 6 seperates the first rover so don't do that until you are ready. Good luck!

Download the save file

Edited by bulletrhli

Challenge #30 finished

Kerbals lost: 1

Vehicles lost: 6

Tragedy strikes as Hudfrid Kerman was lost during flight operations today. He will be missed while we process the paperwork to resuscitate him. He was not lost in vain however, as the science modules indicate this fascinating discovery:

x8efPgCl.png

Sitrep:

Soyuz-117 is 34 days from Joolian encounter.

Manticore One is 134 days from the Dres encounter.

TV-Sat orbits have been normalized.

All other flights are idle.

I did the best I could on this one, but I couldn't keep the gliders high enough to not faceplant. This was the closest I was to success (these pics are not all from this flight, but you get the idea).

aGDHosVs.png VxWLB5ls.png XlJoqXPs.png 8VTVPIjs.png 853POYFs.png nuIVEfAs.png

We must allow Bob and Willsby some time alone for now. In the meantime, Shepmore has finished the requisition form for the installation of additional lights to Shiva station. The station Supply Module B (SM-B) is standing by to launch with this equipment, as well as two scientists for transfer to the station.

xPL02NDl.jpg

Ship overview: 5700 dV, ASAS, quadruple RCS quads (100 monopropellant), and an auxiliary computer.

Dock with the small ports on the lower end of the station node, and leave one illumination module on each. When that is complete, move the SM-B to the forward port of the fuel tank module so that the two may be de-orbited together when the time comes. Munsen has been avoiding the others for a while now, so have him transferred from the fuel module to the station node as well.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6828vVl_-ZoUWthZFBTRHgzakE/edit?usp=sharing

Challenge Complete

Challenges completed: 31

Kerbals killed: 1

I finished the challenge and then some. First I worked on the station. Here it is with the lights on after redocking the SM-B:

vQ42gsf.png

Although this wasn't part of the challenge, I decided to begin to rescue those stranded Kerbals from the last mission. Coming to land near them:

C9mgq9R.png

The survivors on board:

FU7Teci.png

And here's something I built for the next challenge on the pad:

B3s0QO4.png

Update:

Soyuz: 34 days from Jool encounter.

Manticore One: 133 days from Dres encounter.

Challenge:

This is a three part challenge, although each part is completely unrelated and they're all pretty small.

1. Circularize the Jool fuel depot orbiting Kerbin. Any altitude is fine. Make sure the inclination is 0 as well.

2. Launch the Mun base beacon into a Kerbin orbit.If you want, you can get the mun encounter too. Don't land it yet though! We need to decide the location first.

3. Finally, fly the Kerbin Rescue Jet B2 back to KSC and end the flight.

Link:

http://www./?2dc0p9g2ilx435p

Edited by ZingidyZongxxx

Challenge Completed

Challenges completed: 32

I got a mun encounter with the Mun Beacon.

screenshot1.png

Landed the B2 jet the kerbals look relieved.

screenshot8.png

This is for the next challenge the Act Corp. Duna Habitat.

screenshot9.png

My Challenge:

1. Get a high orbit around the mun with the Mun Beacon but low enough you wont get captured by kerban.

2. Launch the Act Corp. Duna Habitat to a direct solar orbit. If you can get a close encounter with Duna.

Note: I put action groups on the Duna Habitat which control lights, legs, ladders. the first action group is the legs.

The save folder is below:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-_wvk1PMfr9c1BJYUFmeHhzS1U/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by Actzoltan

Because I have done so many challenges I want to give someone else a chance, but that ADV-SAS guy (I forget his name in the KLF server) keeps saying he will do it, then just stops doing it and people think he is so they don't bother until he finishes.

Allright, I'm back! I am going to attempt to do the challenge now, since it seems ADV-SAS has stopped doing the challenge. Sorry for not showing up for a while, I had a few..., minor technical difficulties.

I don't mean to steal your thunder hawk, but I wanted to get this challenge completed (I'll take this post down if you'd like).

Challenge #33 Completed

Kerbals lost: 1

Vehicles lost: 6

Worlds landed upon: 1

The Moon Base Beacon is in a circular 2000km orbit around the Mun.

The Duna Habitat is in a 109km orbit around Kerbin, since the window for a Duna transfer is 109 days away.

The Manticore Two is in a 100km orbit around Kerbin, waiting for the Moho transfer window in 27 days.

Next encounter: Soyuz to Jool in 32 days.

My challenge will be to transfer and land the New Horizon 71 on Minmus, and activate the scientific instruments. It would be cool to get it near the anomaly, but Bill won't be picky :). With that complete, some maintenance is required; launch another Long Range Science Probe (LRSP) from the SPH and use its attached tractor to load it onto, and resupply the Manticore.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6828vVl_-ZoNXlpdmpXMjhtSzg/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by ThePsuedoMonkey

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.