Hawkinator's almost-multiplayer pass along the save file challenge thingy.

Challenge #34 Completed

Landed the New Horizon 71 on Minmus

screenshot15.png

Bill decided to EVA

screenshot16.png

and tumbled down the hill which caused a leak in his mono propellent.

screenshot19.png

The Manticore has been fueled up and ready to go.

screenshot24.png

Darkest spot in the largest crater.

screenshot25.png

My challenge is:

Bills tumble caused a leak in his o2 and mono propellent down to 44% get him back to the New Horizon 71 so he can repair his suit.

The Mun Bace Beacon has picked a place to land inside of the largest craters darkest spot land safely.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-_wvk1PMfr9MVRyeEtpRkxYTUk/edit?usp=sharing

Mission Complete!

With one giant leap, Bill traversed the Minmus terrain with relative ease. Safely aboard his ship, he was able to begin the necessary repairs using the emergency roll of duct tape under his seat.

zl6J9g5.png

Mun Base Beacon has landed within the darkest region of the largest crater on the Mun. It lights a fire in the hearts of the brave kerbalnauts that pass by.

C7iX2gq.png

There is a lack of communications satellites orbiting the Mun. I have left one on the launch pad. Please do kindly begin a Munar transfer.

Save: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B_TiHboEU4cObDRDcV85dHFVNlE&usp=sharing

Challenge Completed

Total challenges completed: 36

Total kerbals lost: 1

Total lost vehicles: 5

Total planetetary landings: 1

So, simple challenge, setup an encounter with the Mun. Complete. I have a treat for some of you. If you follow real world events you should know about Curiosity, a rover that has been on Mars for a few years now. Well, I have a recreation of that for you, I know right, I'm amazing. However, Duna is still pretty far away, Phase angle wise, so, I have something else for you. Not many of us can tell when the Phase Angles are and when we should start aerobrakes etc etc so I have added a little something to the save file...

It's called Kerbal Alarm Clock. It is genious! Its a simple plugin that will not effect anyone else if they do not have it. It simply is there so we know when we reach SOI's of planets, when we need to aerobrake etc etc. I have also added the config file for it specifically setup for our challenges. I have setup the Jool SOI changeover for Soyuz-117, as well as the Dres encounter for Manticore. No need to countdown using our fingers anymore! We have the TECHNOLOGY!

Install the mod like normal, I have set it up for everything to work immediately upon startup. If you wish to not use this mod, simply ignore it, but it is there for people who want to try it and make their lives easier so we do not miss certain events in our shared challenges.

Check out my brief gallery here!

v703aW3.png

"The Moon is the first milestone on the road to the stars." - Arthur C. Clarke

Next Challenge Kerbosity, our Curosity analogue, is on the runway. Put it into space just like everything else. Preferably a LKO (Low Kerbin Orbit) of about 75-85km. Simple challenge right? Right. If you added the Kerbal Alarm Clock to your arsenal of mods, I want you to check it out and learn it. I have already setup everything we need for our challenges, but go ahead and play with it, just, make sure you don't effect the other alarms, they are needed!

Simple and short challenge from me today, so, with all that extra time you have, think of something unique and interesting we could do, and good luck!

Pro tip: Before you start your launch, right click on the probe at the top of the craft and click "control from here".

Download the save file

Final Note: If you add any more alarms, please copy your file called "Alarms-Hampatsfct (Sandbox).txt" in your Kebal Alarm Clock PluginData folder into the Kerbal Alarm Clock zipped file in the save download so the next person can have your alarms as well.

Edited by bulletrhli

Sounds great man! Actzoltan has been helping me figure out some kinks when trying to trade the Alarm Clock between people. We have figured out how to share our own personal alarms since the mod developer has changed how the file saves it. I have updated my post saying how, and Hawk, can you please make a note of that in the main thread! I'd appreciate that.

OP updated.

Yeah, I encountered a technical difficulty in which the config file for my hitchiker storage container had it named "CommandPod" instead of "CrewCabin". I still don't know it it was something I did a long time ago and forgot about, or if it was something that a mod changed while I wasn't looking. The end result was that I couldn't load the save file without deleting a bunch of ships, but fortunately I got it all figured out and will (possibly) be doing a challenge myself soon. Sometime tomorrow, maybe. Too many things to do IRL today.

Awesome. Alarm clock will be quite useful here.

Sorry for the simple challenge there. I was was scrambling to finish my mission before having to leave for work. Made it just in time!

Awesome. Alarm clock will be quite useful here.

Sorry for the simple challenge there. I was was scrambling to finish my mission before having to leave for work. Made it just in time!

No worries bud. A little challenge or a large challenge is still a challenge that has to get done for us to move on and that's fine by me.

Challenge Completed

Total challenges completed: 37

Kerbosity has been placed in a 160,000m orbit

screenshot27.png

The Act Corp. Duna Core standing by to be placed in orbit

screenshot30.png

My Challenge is:

1. Get the MunSat MK1 into as close to polar mun orbit as possible.

2. Launch The Act Corp. Duna Core into a orbit under 130,000m but above 70,000m

3. (Optional) Think about designing modules or ships to attach to the Act Corp. Core. branch ports I plan to reserve 4 ports on the left and right for heavy fuel tanks and 1 port on the bottom for a engine. When i get a challenge again you will have a better idea of what i'm talking about.

NOTE: I provided a craft file called Docking Port Standardization which will allow your crafts to attach to my core in the future. Also you will probably need to attach a small i-beam to the back of the docking module to make a connection as clearance in my 5 way connection ports is limited.

Flight tips: Before launch set the top port facing up to control there.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-_wvk1PMfr9QjBpMlZic3dBb28/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by Actzoltan

Mission Complete!

Total challenges completed: 39

After failing numerous simulations by the KSP, the Act Corp. launch vehicle designated to carry the Act Corp. Duna Core into LKO was deemed a physical anomaly that could not be tamed. The launch officials decided to use a more simplistic approach (while retaining the schematics for the Act LV) and have successfully delivered the payload to the mission specified altitude.

f5mYfDZ.png

MunSat Mk1 has been captured and placed into a circularized 200Km polar orbit.

aXYAYny.png

I was going to ask that the nuclear engine module that carried the MunSat be repurposed elsewhere in space as it has plenty of fuel. However, I failed to attach a docking port, sooooo....

Challenge: Kerbal nuclear physicists would like to see the effects of a nuclear meltdown on the Mun. Crash the rocket on the surface in such a way that the parts are not obliterated, and please send back a picture of the engine on the surface for research purposes.

Save: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_TiHboEU4cOZWZBYVFUNzd4blU/edit

Apologies for the delay. The Act Corp. launch vehicle was insanely unstable and I deemed it unfit for flight. If someone would like to take it on, by all means do. The craft is still saved in the VAB. I just did what needed to be done to complete the objective.

Edited by Jenkinz

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.