Hawkinator's almost-multiplayer pass along the save file challenge thingy.

No mods are allowed, because then EVERY participant would have to get the mod and 70 percent of people do not want to add more mods. Maybe we could talk to hawk and do another thread but with mods? Like, talk in here about what mods we could use for the new thread he could make and only those mods can be used nothing else, and this thread would be strictly vanilla?

My challenge was to send the Shiva Station into orbit, then JUST build a refuel tanker for the space station in orbit already. I have completed such tasks!

Alright, so I got the Shiva station module into orbit, sitting pretty 1km or so away from the Soyuz-117 interplanetary probe. You can easily dock with the station now with small bursts of RCS and I have set the station rotating North to South. As for the maker of the Delta Class Probe, this will be repurposed for another mission in the future. I absolutely love the design :)

So, behold, the Shiva Supplies Module. It will EASILY get into orbit, however beware of the slightly high part count, the first one or two thousand meters up will be a bit lag filled, but it will DEFINITELY decrease. Enjoy it!

PLEASE REMEMBER THIS, we recycle here at KSP, and all my lifter designs have the notable feature of being able to deorbit themselves. So, please kindly leave at least 50 units of fuel in the lifting stage before decoupling so we can deorbit it and keep our skies clear and free of large debris.

G0Uxmlw.jpg

Last notes, when you upload your files for the challenge, please, make sure you zip up the Ships folder, as well as the persistence and quicksave file and upload it either through your own personal google drive, or another site like sendspace or any other file upload site you know of.

Challenge: I challenge the next person to get the supplies module into orbit and setup a rendezvous with the Shiva station within 2km. Once in close, stop. Quicksave. Switch over to the Delta Class Probe and setup a 100km ENCOUNTER orbit with Minmus. DO NOT go to Minmus, just leave the encounter as it is and that is it for now.

Download the craft file.

i'll do it, ETA about 1.5 hours

update, it didn't work, missing a fuel line, fixed and on way to station

done, see next post

Edited by bs1110101

Concerning mods, I personally am open to the idea of opening up this thread to certain specific mods, BUT if we do then we have to all agree to those mods and everybody has to install those mods (an official mod list would be added to the OP). You'd get a bunch of errors if you tried to load a persistence, quicksave, or .craft file that has mod parts that aren't installed in your game. I like mods, I have a lot of them, so it's not a matter of me being opposed to the use of mods in this thread, but rather the fact that allowing mods in a thread like this is potentially problematic.

My personal list of mods that I use regularly: Kethane, HOME, HOME CDSS, DEMV MK 1,2,3,4,5, KAS, Firespitter, Hooligan labs airships, MechJeb, ISA mapsat, KW rocketry, Bobcat's MPSS.

I think this thread should be strictly stock only, even though I enjoy mods. If mods will be implemented in one of these, we should begin a thread to sort-of-vote on which ones to include and bundle them into a single download for convenience, as well as allowing tweaking for balance, removal of redundant items, and maybe adding some scaled stock parts. I would definitely contribute to such an undertaking!

Sitrep: The tanker and the Soyuz have docked with Shiva Station. I challenge someone to put the Delta Probe on a stable Minmus orbit, and de-orbit the supplies module probe!

zXOR7yjl.png

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6828vVl_-ZoLWdGbVNrNC1td0E/edit?usp=sharing

I was expecting the tanker to use the triple docks, but the single one seemed to work just fine. :)

Edited by ThePsuedoMonkey

Concerning mods, I personally am open to the idea of opening up this thread to certain specific mods, BUT if we do then we have to all agree to those mods and everybody has to install those mods (an official mod list would be added to the OP). You'd get a bunch of errors if you tried to load a persistence, quicksave, or .craft file that has mod parts that aren't installed in your game. I like mods, I have a lot of them, so it's not a matter of me being opposed to the use of mods in this thread, but rather the fact that allowing mods in a thread like this is potentially problematic.

My personal list of mods that I use regularly: Kethane, HOME, HOME CDSS, DEMV MK 1,2,3,4,5, KAS, Firespitter, Hooligan labs airships, MechJeb, ISA mapsat, KW rocketry, Bobcat's MPSS.

I think we should just keep it stock. Like you said, mods can cause all kinds of errors and some people want to keep their game completely vanilla. Just my opinion, so do whatever you want.

Sitrep: The tanker and the Soyuz have docked with Shiva Station. I challenge someone to put the Delta Probe on a stable Minmus orbit, and de-orbit the supplies module probe!

zXOR7yjl.png

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6828vVl_-ZoLWdGbVNrNC1td0E/edit?usp=sharing

I was expecting the tanker to use the triple docks, but the single one seemed to work just fine. :)

Challenge Accepted

I'll do both parts, but try to keep challenges to one part only.

Edited by ZingidyZongxxx

Challenge Complete

First, the Minmus orbit. You can feel free to change it, I was a bit low on time. Apoapsis is 70 km, periapsis is 55 km.

4aYjd2i.png

Next was the deorbiting. I ended up crashing into the ocean, not that it really matters.

tCR2mL5.jpg

Link:

http://www./?bx901k3dbml8kr8

By now, Bill is ready to go home. Get him into a stable Mun orbit if he has enough fuel. If not, build and launch a Mun rescue craft into Kerbin orbit.

Is anyone up for making this thread permadeath? Where we try to save all the kerbals? No matter what?

Anyways nice job so far. Zingidy, you can have a few small tasks you want completed that's no bi deal XD multitasking a to further put our program in motion.

I may be redesigning the station refuel module once the station starts coming together so it's way easier to dock :)

Is anyone up for making this thread permadeath? Where we try to save all the kerbals? No matter what?

I like that idea. I try to do that will all my saves, but it's hard. How about any Kerbal that we can reasonably save will get saved? Should we take a vote or something?

If they are stranded for a long time (a year?) I say we pretend they ran out of supplies and end the flight, otherwise we save ALL the Kerbals!

I like the sounds of that, so, if anyone sees a kerbal or ship that hasent been recovered and its MTA is over a year, then you must report their death. Maybe lets all keep a count? idk XD Lets try to keep them alive!

Challenge Completed

Total challenges completed: 18

Total kerbals lost: 0

So, my challenge was to rescue Bill off the Mun. He was running low on supplies and his lander had little fuel. I brought Bill to his lander and created the best orbit I could with the little fuel I had an then contacted Jeb and Bob to meet up in orbit, dock, and return home! That was all successful! We have successfully returned from the Mun, with NO CASULATIES! HURRAY! An accomplishment that is for sure. I'd like to take a moment of silence for our lost brethren before us...

Okay times up. This was a simple challenge, this is basically stuff I do everyday in my KSP career so it didn't take too long. Please check out the album of images I have provided below and enjoy!

http://imgur.com/a/QMkhK

TFz40lw.png

Oh Kristen Stewart, your killing us.

Next Challenge Kerbin Hotel. Yes, you heard me. I want to start setting up a modular (If you don't know what that is, please look it up) designed hotel here on Kerbin by the command center. All of our men we return home need somewhere to stay. Make it so that it is movable, possibly a large rover design? It must be easy to control and must be VTOL capable with parachutes. If you can additionally add a abort system that would be great. It must be dockable incase we decide to bring it into orbit or some other planet so be cautious of your designs. I suggest making the Hotel carry at least 8 people, but remember, its modular, so we need to be able to attach more if we chose to add more to it. THIS IS KEY!

Download the save file

Edited by bulletrhli

I like the sounds of that, so, if anyone sees a kerbal or ship that hasent been recovered and its MTA is over a year, then you must report their death. Maybe lets all keep a count? idk XD Lets try to keep them alive!

Good idea. I think we should have a general "state of the space program" update after each person posts the next challenge. For example, you could list the death count, number of missions, and whatever else is important.

Challenge #19 Completed

Kerbals Lost: 0

Refueling Missions: 3

Muns landed upon: 1

The Kerbotel doesn't seem to have much VTOL capability, but I wasn't able to do much else with the design. It's mainly for roving. There are currently two connected modules behind the VAB, with our valiant refuelers on board. It's really not all that impressive, but I did manage to keep the part count fairly reasonable.

N6qQgFml.png

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6828vVl_-Zoc1dPZzZCUUFieUU/edit?usp=sharing

By now, Jenlorf must be pretty bored on the Soyuz, so I challenge someone to put it on a Kerbal forward escape trajectory!

Edited by ThePsuedoMonkey

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.