Hawkinator's almost-multiplayer pass along the save file challenge thingy.

Sorry for late reply, I am looking for enough to maneuver around the general area, I am not looking for it to be able to orbit say IF it was on the mun for example. VTOL is only for adjusting its position but it would be nice having a decent amount of fuel.

Oh man I'm so up for this type of thing. Can't wait for next challenge

Edit: Oh, no one has claimed it yet! Well, I'll be home around 4, hopefully there's a new challenge by then, or no one has claimed this one yet. I won't hold things up though if someone wants to do this one now

You need to get an encounter with Jool that's it. We want to keep this challenge short because we can perform side challenges then as the station gets closer to Jool, we can aerobrake it for laythe.

Blast it! Ah well, I should study anyway >.<

I'm confused though, I thought the challenge just said to make a Kerbal escape trajectory, not hit Jool?

Also, is there a irc for this challenge?

Done!

The encounter isn't great, but I didn't want to timewarp too much just yet. There's still stuff to be done in the time it takes to get to Jool, and we can adjust it later. Perispais is about 2 billion meters.

5Hqi8Ol.png

This is the jet I made for the next challenge. If you have mechjeb, install it on there. Sorry the challenge is kinda boring, but it needs to be done at some point. Feel free to do some other stuff as well.

baE9s8h.png

Link:

http://www./?47fhpo7gb2x8u2c

Challenge:

Rescue the 4 stranded Kerbals from their landing site after a trip to the Mun using the provided "Kerbin Rescue Jet B." I recommend using mechjeb if you have it. The plane should be safe up to around 20-25km. I have it prepared for launch already and on the runway, so just click on it from the tracking station and take off.

Kerbals killed: 0

Overall Kerbals Killed: 0

Edited by ZingidyZongxxx

Well, we put it into Jool orbit XD or got an encounter not sure.

And actually, its not quite and irc, but if you check out Kerbal Live Feed by our buddy SodiumEyes, you can join the server we, as in Zingidy and I, and a bunch of others and you can chat there. I would like if others working on this thread to come there as well :)

Our server IP is klf.kerbalsp.com

Well, since we have a probe going to Jool that will need to go to Laythe after, we might as well set up a fueling station at Jool, and we can visit all the moons or something IDK! The possibilities are limitless, I am sure we will end up going to every planet and moon, but, not for a while since there is so much more to do! :D

Challenge Completed

Total challenges completed: 21

Total kerbals lost: 0

Total Vehicles lost: 2

screenshot0_zps8627e0da.png

KSC took a loss on its first Rescue Jet B launch. Luckily it's just a drone, and another RJB was in the budget. Second attempt went swimmingly well (no we didn't emergency land in the water.)

All four Kerbs are safely home waiting in the RJB which is sitting behind the Space Plane Hangar.

Unfortunately, while taxiing behind the SPH, the Kerbotel suffered a fire and promptly exploded. Origin and cause of fire is unknown, however deep fried chicken was found scattered about. Upon reviewing the specs, Engineers discovered a Class K Fire Extinguisher was not installed as code requires in the kitchen. Nothing more substantial has been found as far as evidence goes.

While the kerbonauts are safely home, debris from their landing module remains. Perhaps future missions will clean it up.

In other news, KSC asks me to remind you that Soyuz-117 with commanding Jenlorf Kerman are still enroute for an encounter with Jool in 185 days. Keep this in mind if you choose to Time-Warp.

Engineers have just finished crafting a new remote vehicle for deployment across the Solar System. It's Dynamic and Modular. The basic design is listed as "Link Rover - Basic", this is the core design and can be built upon for greater purposes.

Another craft named "Link Rover - Mobile Base" has also been provided. This acts as a Mobile Base - a hotel of sorts - capable of carrying up to 20 kerbonauts at a time. The engineers even threw in descent engines on it for you. It does not have great capability in storing/generating electricity; it's designed to thrive when joined with a supporting Link Rover.

Next Challenge from KSC: KSC wants either the Link Rover - Basic, or Link Rover - Mobile Base tested before deployment to outer systems.

KSC wants one of these landed on the Mun as a test, however...

Due to the fragility and unknown properties, you must create a craft that launches the rover into Kerbin Parking orbit, then refuel at the Shiva Station before continuing to land on the Mun.

The volunteer for this challenge must only launch and refuel the rover at the Shiva station.

In the future, another mission will be assigned to land on the Mun. Whoever accepts this challenge is not required to make landing this rover on the Mun the next challenge. You are still free to create your own challenge if you wish. (I'm just trying to create some long term goals for the future is all)

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B7I3dGFkZoxaUVdOUGV2R0ltZWc&usp=sharing

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.