The unnstopable hyperweapons thread

redwolfy

But by then our wool supply will be stolen by the Woolies by then!

Anyway, I have decided not to make the output of the Hyper-V directly from a fusion reaction. Instead, i'll let it do some reactions, and then once the pressure increases to a point ASPLOSION! All the built up pressure and particles created by the reaction will be released in a single burst.

Yeah but you still have the glaring problem of the pellet detonating within a few nanoseconds/picoseconds of the lasers hitting it. The pressure increased caused by the lasers heating the pellet will pop the pellet long before any fusion takes place- in fact it is the shockwave of the pellet popping that is being exploited in order to trigger a fusion pulse.

Plus the power requirements of those lasers and the supporting equipment- though not impossible, could be impractical.

And using the same system to produce fusion power won't yield much in the results department, OMEGA reports that they barely get any energy at all out of a shot while using tons of power to charge up the lasers.

Edited by OdinYggd

Hyper or HYPE? I prefer vintage-ish. This does not quite qualify for a hyper-weapon, but I suppose that the badass-score come with the purchase of one of these covers up for that deficiency.

Oh yes, I forget. TIME is the ultimate super weapon. It´s devouring our universe as we speak.

http://www.exitmundi.nl/bigexpansion.htm

Edited by Jones-250

Nobody saying anthing about the Tsar Bomba? No, well, it was a 100 kiloton bomb made by the soviets during the height of the cold war (i think).

Pros: Denoted above target to minimize amount of fallout n' stuff created when the bomb is blown up when close to the ground.

Has 100 Kilotons of explosive fore, roughly the same as a cube of TNT as high as the Effial Tower.

Cons: Weighed 25 metric tonnes.

If dropped from a plane, the plane would be blown up.

So, what do you think?

The Tzar was detonated but once, with half of it's charge replaced by lead to reduce its output to 50 Megatons- at the full rated yield it would indeed have incinerated the launching plane.

You can find videos of the event on youtube. It literally rocked the world from the magnitude of the shockwave, being detectable worldwide for multiple passes.

Oh we want target-able weapons then? In that case I don't think anything is going to beat the Molecular Detachment Device developed by the Hegemon International Fleet.

A pair of intersecting Glasers would create a field inside which all atomic bonding forces cease to exist causing instant fission and a continuing chain reaction wave of the field until all connected or nearby matter was reduced to sub-atomic particles. Limited in range of initial firing but with destructive force only limited by the size of the object it is used against. To my knowledge no sensor in range of it's one planetary detonation was able to transmit an accurate scale of the resulting explosion.

The Tzar was detonated but once, with half of it's charge replaced by lead to reduce its output to 50 Megatons- at the full rated yield it would indeed have incinerated the launching plane.

Not only was the launching plane endangered by a 100 megaton detonation, such an explosion would have caused too much radioactive fallout. Too much fallout in the opinion of the Soviets.

You know, the same guys who thought that the Chernobyl disaster did not release enough radiation that it was worth mentioning to the other nations in the region.

Warscribe, hah, I scoff at your puny orbital scale melter. :wink:

Relativistic weapons are the true terror weapons. If the projectile is travelling faster than 86.6% the speed of light, it does more damage than if it was made of pure antimatter. At 95% the speed of light, it does damage as if it was composed of three times its mass in antimatter. It does not matter what the projectile is made of, at those speed it makes no difference if it is composed of rocks, lead, raw sewage, or belly-button lint. An explosive warhead is superfluous.

And as an added bonus, since it is moving at relativistic speeds, the defenders radar and telescopic tracking cannot see where the projectile is, only where it was. At such speeds, it will have the optical illusion of apparently travelling faster than light.

The main draw-back is that the weapon firing the projectile has to expend the same amount of energy as the projectile inflicts. Actually it needs more energy, since the weapon is not going to be 100% efficient. This means if you are firing a one metric ton projectile at 95% c you'll need a bit more than 1.98 x 10^20 joules (about 300 times the energy of the Krakatoa volcanic eruption). For each shot.

You might find entertaining this description of a relativistic attack:

http://www.projectrho.com/public_html/rocket/spacegunexotic.php#id--Relativistic_Weapons--The_Killing_Star

Edited by nyrath

nyrath: you can intercept it, as stated in your link. You cant really intercept a melter.

though i think yours is more of a "structure killer" than a "planet killer".

A melter is also perfect for surgical strikes.

Relativistic weapons are the true terror weapons. If the projectile is travelling faster than 86.6% the speed of light, it does more damage than if it was made of pure antimatter. At 95% the speed of light, it does damage as if it was composed of three times its mass in antimatter. It does not matter what the projectile is made of, at those speed it makes no difference if it is composed of rocks, lead, raw sewage, or belly-button lint. An explosive warhead is superfluous.

So... an LHC in space (with an output)? I would like to see that :P

ha 3 times as powerful as anti matter? mine IS ultra dense antimatter also that is a combi-melta it would not do much damage from space it would probably just melt a small amount of the upper few meaters of crust, mine would annialte half the planet going deep into the mantle coving the rest of the planet into a firestorm and ripping it apart with earth quakes. meltas are nothing compared to the SHEER POWER of a UDAMEC, i also dont see how a fusion chain reaction would continue permanently it would disperse too easily and stop quite quickly (not saying it wouldn't wipe out half the planet first))

Black holes don't need to be super-massive maelstroms of doom that suck in whole solar systems. They can theoretically be small enough to fly through a planet relatively unnoticed

But not unnoticed if they are too small. There is a little thing called Hawking radiation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hawking_radiation

For complicated reasons, the smaller the black hole, the more Hawking radiation it emits.

If it gets to the point where the microscopic black hole had a mass of only 6.73 million tons, it would have a radius of one one-hundredth of the radius of a proton. This is very unnoticeable.

The Hawking radiation on the other hand would be about 1.11 petawatts, about the same as a 300 kiloton atom bomb exploding every second. This is noticeable.

I have a table here

http://www.projectrho.com/public_html/rocket/basicdesign.php#id--Power_Plant--Exotic_power_sources--Kerr-Newman_black_hole

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.