What is your favourite rocket ?

Netris

I was looking (once again ^^) at a bunch of wikipedia's article on rocket and suddenly I began to wonder what are the favourite rockets of my fellow kerbonauts. Mine is Titan IIIE

270px-Titan_3E_Centaur_launches_Voyager_2.jpg

If you have a reason, feel free to tell it :) Personally, I just find Titan III really beautiful :P

I was looking (once again ^^) at a bunch of wikipedia's article on rocket and suddenly I began to wonder what are the favourite rockets of my fellow kerbonauts. Mine is Titan IIIE

270px-Titan_3E_Centaur_launches_Voyager_2.jpg

If you have a reason, feel free to tell it :) Personally, I just find Titan III really beautiful :P

Titan IIIE is pretty Kerbal; it's got more boosters attached with actual, in real life struts.

Toss up between the R-7 family and Atlas V family. The former for the long service life and actually seeing something like mass production. The latter for being nifty from a performance perspective, even if they failed to make things cheaper.

Edited by UmbralRaptor

I've always liked the look of the R-7 Semyorkas. There's the whole "MOAR BOOSTERS" look of the thing, the weird claw like clamps that hold them in place, and growing up in the '80's they were sort of far off and mysterious. I lived in Florida near the KSC (That's K for Kennedy, not Kerbal) and I could see other rockets whenever I could pester my parents enough to go visit, but the Soviet boosters weren't well known, only appearing on posters my dad would sometimes bring home from work.

I have a list of favorite Rockets that starts with the Aggregat 4, without it there would be no rockets, then the Saturn V for obvious reason, the Energia and the Ariane 5.

a4.gifAA5005_Polyus_real_4.GIF

Arianekids.jpg

Edited by Canopus

My favorite is the Betelgeuse-1 Heavy which I built myself..

OH you mean REAL life..

First is Falcon-9 and the whole system they have with Dragon. It's a modern system, and if they get the Grasshopper system working, any rocket that utilizes it will be pretty much 100% reusable. Also, the capsule is named Dragon, my favorite of all mythical creatures, or creatures in general:

falcon9vertical2.jpg

Second favorite would probably have to be the Soyuz, because it's just so cool looking, and I love how the OTVs look:

0130791950085.jpg

Third would have to probably be the N1. It's so much like everything I build in KSP..I get this big idea, this dream in my head of a huge, amazing rocket, I get all excited and ready to go, and I put it on the pad and there's a failure within the first 5 seconds:

sovietn1disaster.png

Right after that, it's pretty much a tie between the Titan-II (specifically the later ones used in Gemini) and Saturn V. I like them because of the classic look of both of them. Titan-II is so elegantly simple, and Saturn-V is just such a massive rocket it's hard to dislike. If you don't know which is which, shame on you and get out:

titan2.jpg

SaturnV.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.