[0.20] Ioncross Crew Support Plugin ([0.22] dev build)

yongedevil

Yeah I am having same problem, I thought it was ModuleManager at first, but it wasnt. I also get the option in Kethane Scan Map of Ice as well as the standard kethane, and that is when I cant back out of Tracking Center.

As of kethane 0.8 the deposit generator has changed, by rather alot from what I can gather. And unfortunatly I think it makes the deposit info on Kethane wiki inaccurate... Im sure Majiir will update the wiki at somepoint, but with taking on KAS Im guessing he got alot on his plate, so wouldnt hold my breath waiting for it or nothing

Question for you, youngdevil. Are you going to retexture the longRadial tank? As of right now it's still an RCS tank in the texture. :P

Yes. Probably. I intend to texture it to try and match the other parts, but if I can't get something I like the part will probably just be removed.

Yeah I am having same problem, I thought it was ModuleManager at first, but it wasnt. I also get the option in Kethane Scan Map of Ice as well as the standard kethane, and that is when I cant back out of Tracking Center.

therealcrow999, (re)download dev 4. I pulled the Kethane code out of it to fix that problem.

Awesome, that did the job. It also seems faster then before to load in the Tracking Center, before it seems really slow. That problem that was fixed seemed to be gripping up system resources.

What was the code for that you pulled out, if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks for help.

Yes. Probably. I intend to texture it to try and match the other parts, but if I can't get something I like the part will probably just be removed.

therealcrow999, (re)download dev 4. I pulled the Kethane code out of it to fix that problem.

I haven't used the dev build but you say that not much has changed gameplay wise so hopefully this will still be relevant feedback.

I found that the default pod resource levels to be exceptionally high. If I recall they were 150 hours for the Mk I and 100 hours for the Mk I-2 assuming full crew. While these might be comparable with the 1960s NASA human craft durations in the KSP scaled space they completely outstripped practical mission needs. I found that I didn't need to even consider the resource except for interplanetary missions.

A more pleasing balance would require supplementary life support for all but the briefest of excursions. Say:

~25 orbits LKO MK I

~Half of Kerbin-Mun transfer orbit duration MK I-2

~4 hour basic Lander Can

I didn't experience interplanetary much but I'm guessing that the much longer durations will require meaningful life support supplies.

Awesome, that did the job. It also seems faster then before to load in the Tracking Center, before it seems really slow. That problem that was fixed seemed to be gripping up system resources.

What was the code for that you pulled out, if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks for help.

The code that was removed what this KethaneResource entry form IoncrossCrewSupport\Resources\IoncrossResourcesBase.cfg. It told Kethane to generate deposits Ice like it does for the Kethane resource.

KethaneResource
{
Resource = Ice
MinRadius = 7.29
MaxRadius = 16.2
MinQuantity = 10000
MaxQuantity = 500000
MinVertices = 20
MaxVertices = 50
RadiusVariance = 0.45
DepositCount = 0
NumberOfTries = 5
ColorFull = 0.08235294, 0.1019608, 0.6901961
ColorEmpty = 0.1858824, 0.1929412, 0.3105883
Body
{
name = Moho
DepositCount = 5
}
Body
{
name = Gilly
DepositCount = 3
}
Body
{
name = Mun
DepositCount = 27
}
Body
{
name = Minmus
DepositCount = 15
}
Body
{
name = Ike
DepositCount = 15
}
Body
{
name = Dres
DepositCount = 9
}
Body
{
name = Vall
DepositCount = 54
}
Body
{
name = Tylo
DepositCount = 35
}
Body
{
name = Bop
DepositCount = 4
}
Body
{
name = Pol
DepositCount = 2
}
Body
{
name = Eeloo
DepositCount = 64
}
}

I haven't used the dev build but you say that not much has changed gameplay wise so hopefully this will still be relevant feedback.

I found that the default pod resource levels to be exceptionally high. If I recall they were 150 hours for the Mk I and 100 hours for the Mk I-2 assuming full crew. While these might be comparable with the 1960s NASA human craft durations in the KSP scaled space they completely outstripped practical mission needs. I found that I didn't need to even consider the resource except for interplanetary missions.

A more pleasing balance would require supplementary life support for all but the briefest of excursions. Say:

~25 orbits LKO MK I

~Half of Kerbin-Mun transfer orbit duration MK I-2

~4 hour basic Lander Can

I didn't experience interplanetary much but I'm guessing that the much longer durations will require meaningful life support supplies.

Thanks for the feedback. I have found the same thing, and have actually gone through and adjusted all the oxygen capacities on tanks and pods. Pod now have 20 hour, cockpits have 10 hours, and lander cans have 30 hours. I've found for a Mun flyby in a pod I now need a little extra oxygen.

Edited by yongedevil
typo

Hi. I'm attempting to add Ioncross support to firespitter cockpits. I'm aware of the folder naming problems and have renamed the folders to the names in the cfgs. However after adding this to a 'ModuleManager_firespitter.cfg' file and building craft using that cockpit no extra resources were in the cockpit (though the resource tab did have 0/0 of CO2) and the Kerbals weren't using oxygen.

@PART[FSapacheCockpit]

{

MODULE

{

name = IonModuleCrewSupport

}

RESOURCE

{

name = Oxygen

amount = 200

maxAmount = 200

}

RESOURCE

{

name = CarbonDioxide

amount = 0

maxAmount = 20

}

}

Any idea why this might be happening? I did design the craft before altering the folder names and adding in the cfg. Could that be the problem?

Patupi, first off I have not run into an issue with folder name or seen it mentioned before myself. I ran a quick test with the Firespitter mod and I did not have any problem adding IonModuleCrewSupport to the parts without renaming any folders. I might be doing it wrong, but I've not had problem.

Secondly your code looks good; I copy and pasted it and it worked for me. I also tried creating a craft, saving it, and then adding the ModuleManager edits and reloading the craft in the VAB, and upon going to the pad it showed having the Ion module attached.

It would still be my guess it has something to do with designing the craft before making the changes. I don't really fully understand how Kerbal loads data for parts but most of the time I don't see changes to the part.cfg taking affect on already placed parts. I wasn't able to reproduce that in this case, but I don't really understand why. You could try building a new craft with the part and seeing if that one works; it'll at least test if the problem is because the craft is older.

so I'm using the latest dev build version and I still can't get the kerbals to die when they run out of oxygen or there's too much carbon dioxide

what am I doing wrong?!

How long are you waiting after running out of oxygen or filling up on CO2? I've had kerbals die from both cases myself and the code for killing them is pretty much integrated into the code for using the resources so if they're consuming O2 they should die when it runs out.

Edited by yongedevil
reply to KAO

forget what I said, I took an mk1 pod and waited for it to run out of oxygen, it took a while for him to die once the resources were gone, I don't have specific data yet

thankfully the latest dev build didn't break my save

Perhaps it's an issue with other mods I'm running? That particular save had KSP Interstellar (though I deleted it) and Kosmos, Bobcat's Soviet mod as well as KAS and Treeloader (from KSP Interstellar originally). A few other minor ones like MJ, editor extentions and actions on the fly. Could any of these affect it in any way? I might try making a new session of 0.22 and try installing just firespitter and ioncross to see if it is an issue with one of the other mods (or something weird happening just with this instance of KSP). Also, I'll try a new save in the current session and try designing something similar to see if that corrects the issue.

(EDIT: Well, I've tried a new save, and designing a vessel after the firespitter cfg file is done. Still no luck. Craft is fine, but the cockpits don't have any of the modded bonuses, using resources or the resource containers in the cockpit. I'll try a clean install with just ioncross and firespitter)

Edited by Patupi

OK, well, I'm an idiot. I was sure I'd installed the current version, but somehow I must have either got a bad download (yet still worked somehow), or more likely I DLed the new version but mixed it up and installed an old one. I tried re-downloading and installing and it works fine now. Sorry to have bothered you.

Am I doing something wrong?

I have a small mk1pod with small tank and engine on it. 0 stage is parachute, 1 stage is capsule, 2 decoupler, 3 is engine and tank. Ok on stage 3 I have the LS-02A Life Support Radial O2 Tank. I have plenty of oxygen to go to mun and back.

The problem is when I come back to Kerbin, my capsule is empty of O2. It taps into capsule O2 first and then taps into the Tank last. Which doesn't seem to be a problem, until I come back to Kerbin and ditch everything for reentry. Since now my capsule is empty of O2 my Kerbal runs out of air in reentry and I lost the mission.

Is this a know thing that this mod does? Or am I not doing something right?

Seems like the logical thing to have happen, would the craft would use all the Tanks O2 first and then lastly it would take from capsule once Tank was dry. In reality the tank would be filling up the capsule, like it should do.

Are you guys experiencing this problem??

Edited by therealcrow999

I also have the Science Bay (SC-9001 Science Jr.) below Decoupler and above the fuel tank in stage 3.

I have a small mk1pod with small tank and engine on it. 0 stage is parachute, 1 stage is capsule, 2 decoupler, 3 is engine and tank. Ok on stage 3 I have the LS-02A Life Support Radial O2 Tank. I have plenty of oxygen to go to mun and back.

The problem is when I come back to Kerbin, my capsule is empty of O2. It taps into capsule O2 first and then taps into the Tank last. Which doesn't seem to be a problem, until I come back to Kerbin and ditch everything for reentry. Since now my capsule is empty of O2 my Kerbal runs out of air in reentry and I lost the mission.

Seems like the logical thing to have happen, would the craft would use all the Tanks O2 first and then lastly it would take from capsule once Tank was dry. In reality the tank would be filling up the capsule, like it should do.

Are you guys experiencing this problem?

I found a solution, for the time being, to this and I completely forgot about this.

Before I launch vessel, I right click on capsule and on Oxygen bar click to green arrow off. This way craft uses O2 Tanks and not air in capsule. The only thing is on home journey I need to remember to turn capsule air use back on before reentry. I guess I have to make a pre-reentry check list I need to do before such things, lol. And a pre-Launch check list. Doesn't bother me, makes game more immersive on my end.

This would seem like it would deactivate the O2 and the mod it self. It keeps that amount of oxygen forever in capsule and crew doesn't die. Doesn't seem like a fix.

I found a solution, for the time being, to this and I completely forgot about this.

Before I launch vessel, I right click on capsule and on Oxygen bar click to green arrow off. This way craft uses O2 Tanks and not air in capsule. The only thing is on home journey I need to remember to turn capsule air use back on before reentry. I guess I have to make a pre-reentry check list I need to do before such things, lol. And a pre-Launch check list. Doesn't bother me, makes game more immersive on my end.

Are you guys experiencing this problem??

Right now the logic for draining resources is very simple. So yes the pods will drain first, and no that doesn't make the most sense. However, it shouldn't be too big an issue for reentry as your kerbals can go for one hour without resources and reentry doesn’t take that long. Just make sure you don't jettison everything until you are definably coming down. The bigger issue is probably that oxygen won't drain from symmetrical tanks evenly possibly throwing of the centre of mass if large enough tanks are placed far enough from the centre.

This would seem like it would deactivate the O2 and the mod it self. It keeps that amount of oxygen forever in capsule and crew doesn't die. Doesn't seem like a fix.

If the crew can't get a needed resource, like oxygen, they should die. I don't see how disabling a tank could possibly allow the crew to survive forever with the way the mod works and I cannot reproduce the behaviour in my own tests. If this is happening then there is something else wrong, or I think most likely, your crew is getting lucky each time a death roll is done.

I did a quick test of disabling the O2 to capsule, I will do some further tests. Unless they switch to eva suits O2, which I don't think its the case. Deactivating the O2 in capsule shouldn't be a problem since someone has made a note mod that allows notes in game. I am going to make a reentry and launch check list.

They seemed to die right away, once I separate everything and start reentry. I don't have Deadly Reentry installed so they aren't dieing from G-forces.

Maybe I will keep in eye on when I separate and make sure I do it just before. I might have separated way before. The one time I came in and left the part on with O2 tank and DC it right at 35,000, had enough time to come down and open vents.

I didn't realize they can go without for an hour, this must be on my end. I'm probably doing something too soon. This mod is making me rethink the way I use to do things, lol.

I like this mod a lot, especially with the EVA O2 and how it can get refilled when Kerbals go back in.

There seems to be an incompatibility between this, and EVA parachutes. I removed that, and scrubber things apeared, and EVA reassorce useage started working.

Though I'm still getting a double up somewhere.

PH78vVX.png

There seems to be an incompatibility between this, and EVA parachutes. I removed that, and scrubber things apeared, and EVA reassorce useage started working.

Though I'm still getting a double up somewhere.

PH78vVX.png

You might have another Module Manager somewhere, maybe another mod. Having more will cause duplication. With the current Module manager 1.3, it's best to have one in or mod. Other mods that use it will use the one you will have in that mod.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.