Black Sun Laboratories Products *NOW FEATURING: PROJECT KEBYLON*

Killerhurtz

Black Sun Laboratories

Presents...

Firelarktext.png

Firelark.bmp

Created after Jeb complained his boosters weren\'t powerful enough, the Black Sun Labs created the Firelark liquid rocket booster. Running on a new, highly potent prototype fuel (Pentakis(Tetroxotribullshitide)Unobtainium, or Ub(O4Bs3)5), this thing is guaranteed to lift any heavyweight rocket you can strap it on. Burning for a vigorous 80 seconds at full force, you no longer have to worry about getting your craft airborne! Also included is a generic heavy decoupler, for all those times you needed a strong decoupler (it is quite weighty, though). Not recommended for small crafts. Comes in three parts: adapter, fuel tank and engine. Ignition is triggered by a small charge of explosives, after which the heat of the reaction itself keeps the fuel burning. As such (and as any good booster should), it is impossible to completely shut off the thrust, but it has a wide operable range. PS: structural legs are recommended as engine only has a precarious balance and WILL fall aside if not fully stable. Point is moot if number of engines is equal or superior to three.

Get the order forms here!

PPS: You\'re more than welcome to retexture it. UVs are included.

NOW FEATURING: FIREWORKS!

Simple firework. Nothing fancy. Get em here.

Blazetext.png

blaze.jpg

Tired of having your thrusters aim down, or being unable to use most engines without a fuel tank? Project Blaze is just for you. Crafted out of the finest stolen or refurbished construction girders space age alloys, Blaze helps you support all engines sizes up to 3m (as a bonus, stick on two 1m engines without any worries!) Order yours now! -GME USERS REJOICE, PACKAGED TO YOUR NEEDS-

Project Kebylon

screenshot212.png

HA HA I WIN LAUNCH TOWER. Get it here. Or here.

Metal Slab: Simple metal slab to cut off fuel flow, made by request. Get it here.

Upcoming Black Sun Labs Projects:

-Project Legacy: The parts which started it all, General Solutions, have fallen into desuetude. Time to bring them back up to fame. -ON HIATUS UNTIL I FIGURE OUT WHAT I WANT OUT OF IT-

-Project Bossa Nova: New skills acquired, new functions available... Firelark is due for an upgrade.

-Project Sardine: Because sometimes, it\'s good to be able to stack normal stuff on top of the command pod.

-Project Triton: Because bigger is better, we will get bigger.

-Project X: Got a request? Need any practical problem fixed? We\'re on it, just ask.

User note- Use of 6+ of these boosters will press the ship into dangerously high G forces. In addition, it may tear apart your vessel. Also, use of 8 with your only other stage being 2 long 3 meter tanks and a single 3 meter engine, will barely allow enough fuel to reorient and cancel out velocity away from the planet. You MIGHT return to the planet...eventually...but it\'s better to just consider those kerbalnauts lost.

Awesome boosters man.

Glad to see such good reception.

Also, Dan, I have made it as such because each part, by itself (save for the top cap), would be a cheat part if used with others, whereas all combined it just makes a powerhouse.

Quick question, though: which project would you like to see next? Fibonacci or Fire Devil?

Thank you, Killerhurtz, I used your booster to make a thing that I wanted to see in KSP for quite a bit: a 'recreation' of the Scout all-solid four stage carrier rocket. I had to nerf it somewhat, though, otherwise it would just tear apart the stack (max thrust decrased to 3000 and fuel burn increased to 7500). Currently on the downward leg of a 92x558 orbit, with a command pod and a retro pack (the small solid engine from Wobbly Rockets). Let\'s see if it\'s sufficient for a pinpoint landing... I\'ll post some pictures, maybe.

You\'re lucky you haven\'t got into trouble with such a name... CarolRawley has a similar one. And threatens to launch a kerbokaur on anyone who... uses 'the name'. I\'ve said to much already...

What name?

Also, glad my part was useful Thor.

Running on a new, highly potent prototype fuel (Pentakis(Tetroxotribullshitide)Unobtainium, or Ub(O4Bs3)5

So does that mean that the the symbol for 'Tetroxotribullshitide' is Bs3? I c wat u did thar good sir. Quite funny indeed.

So does that mean that the the symbol for 'Tetroxotribullshitide' is Bs3? I c wat u did thar good sir. Quite funny indeed.

Nope. Standard notation. Tetroxotribullshitide is to be read as such: tetroxo (tetra oxygen, O4) tribullshitide (three bullshit, Bs3). Pentakis denotes there is five groups of the tetroxotribullshitide compound bonded to the single atom of Unobtainium (Ub)

Also, updated first post with link to the fireworks, for those interested. Includes a lighter, less powerful decoupler for it too.

Glad to see such good reception.

Also, Dan, I have made it as such because each part, by itself (save for the top cap), would be a cheat part if used with others, whereas all combined it just makes a powerhouse.

Quick question, though: which project would you like to see next? Fibonacci or Fire Devil?

Firedevil is more to my liking. The more engines I can strap to a single fuel tank the better.

By the way, if you connect more then 3 cap/fuel/engine combos to your heavy connector it will eventually go wild and break. It makes for a heck of a ride up though. I am going to start using those heavy connectors all over the place.

Continuing from yesterday... This is the model I had in mind:

scout1jpg23ad96a54cd049.jpg

You can see one hanging from the ceiling in the London science museum, next to some engines and to the old british rocket Black Arrow (which has a certain KSP je ne sais quoi, actually :) )

I\'m a bit partial to it also because it\'s the rocket that Italy bought from the Americans in 1964 to launch our first satellite.

Since 1967, we have launched some of them from our own 'spaceport', which was two old oil platforms bolted together off the coast of Kenya. Also quite Kerbal, I\'d say.

This is what I could come up with:

screenshot7op.jpg

The dynamics are 'more or less' like the real thing.

If I had the time and the skill, I would use the numbers from your part (modified, as I said: thrust=3000, fuel burn=7000) to make a SRB more similar to the real Algol first stage and post it here. Could you tell me about some easy program for making simple textures?

Any image editing software works, but personally I use Gimp.

Also, I officially declare the merge of Project Fibonacci and Fire Devil under the name Project Scorch. Dreamt (yes I\'m that wierd) a way that would not only fulfil all I wanted with both projects, but also cut the parts numbers by half, which is good for avoiding clutter.

and reducing load times!

Edit:

I just found something weird. I had 6 of these stacked in a line and I found that they all lit off on launch, but the 2 closest to my capsule stack burned out first. This of course threw my spacecraft into a wild spin and I generated over 700g. While amusing, I am wondering why this happened.

Edit2: Ahhh, the fuel feeds from the inside tanks first, and then the other tanks can\'t backfeed.

The issue comes with the fuel crossfeed. Currently, the only way to avoid this is to use a decoupler to separate the different engines, as the FuelTank class doesn\'t recognize the fuel crossfeed parameter, and it\'s enabled by default. If wanted, I could easily create a slim decoupler to stick the tanks closer to one another...

• 1 month later...