Huge payload needs to get to orbit but no launcher need help

I have a huge payload (150 mass units) but no way to get this awkward shaped ship into orbit please help me. all the launch stage needs to be able to come off of the ship once in orbit. Can use the ships rockets but would prefer that they are used very little so i don't have to make to many refueling trips.hast to be all stock no exceptions and need picture of it on pad and in orbit.

All the pictures were taken in space but i got it up there with hyper-edit but all mods are removed when i send it to the babylon project

engines

screenshot18.png

What it looks like

screenshot19.pngscreenshot21.png

Link to the craft file for this ship: http://www./?9l1ed3avi43938b

Please help this is for the BABYLON project.

Edited by brobel

Any chance the thing can be launched in two pieces? It weighs so much that docking ports don't have the strength to support side-mounted engines, and when you try to thrust from the bottom, it gets a little... bendy.

tNZCCLV.jpg?1?3341

O Sorry had problems with bendy part so i added struts in the middle to keep it steady and i did think of the cut in 2 parts idea but trying to cut this in half is hard and puting it back to gether would be harder because of all the armor but still good idea keep trying.new better struted version http://www./?rf4aplpvi2cbyvh

Brobel, are you able to refuel this thing in orbit? Specifically are all the fuel tanks accessible for selecting and non hidden behind that armour?

Cos chances are any solution I come up with is going to involve using up a lot of that on board fuel.

Yea it should be refuel able just have to get right view and yes you can use fuel onboard to get up just try not to use to much so i dont have to send tomany refueling ships (yes i know its a challenge)

You could try adding small fuel tanks on radial decouplers placed on the side of the giant wobbly bit and stick engines with just enough thrust to get it moving upward on there. If you use the debug menu (alt-F12) then you can turn on infinite fuel and very gradually drag the thing up to orbit. I realize that this is cheaty, but it looks like a ship that you really intend to be in orbit anyway rather than something stuck on top of a conventional rocket.

Hi i got your craft sub orbital up to 183,000m use the asas at launch untill fuel runs out dont stage untill your in space. I hope this helps you finish your ship. Oh and sorry about the 1k part count but it had to be done.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-_wvk1PMfr9M2xzSzVuWW5vYU0/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by Actzoltan

Here's my 700-part attempt:

vNfh0RXl.jpg

The idea was to distribute the thrust around the ship, but this is as close to that as I can get without a computer upgrade. The stuff I added gives you 3500 dV and a TWR just below 2, so you should only need ~15% of your onboard fuel to reach orbit. This needs lots more support struts to prevent falling apart and it doesn't have a great middle stage though, so it's not really that useful as-is. I was pretty much just spit-balling with it :confused:

http://pastebin.com/kJeujrzy

Edited by ThePsuedoMonkey

Aaaand my design. It took me like 25minutes to get to orbit due to lag >_<

281dxH3l.jpg8RZfUUjl.png

91x92km orbit with 3/4 of fuel left.

I only used available docking ports for connections so there are no hard connections to the ship and there are only a handful of struts. It gets wobbly at the end thou :P.

Craft file.

0 (zero) decouples last stage.

I also fixed the one pair of torpedo's that had small docking part misplaced.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.