Why does KSP sound like The Sims

lyndonguitar

Why does KSP soundtrack sounds like the sims? everytime I play it the sound reminds me of playing the sims, It just have that feel to it, especially in the ship editor lmao, the space part kinda sounds like X-series-ish

lol I know what you mean, I think of the Sims as well. I don't think the soundtrack is finalized yet though, so better music will probably be put in eventually.

I hope not. I kind of like the music. From the kind of quirky build music to the grand space opera flight music. I think it all fits very well with the spirit of the game. I wouldn't mind having more of it, so long as its the same style, but replace it? No thanks.

It would be nice to have a customisable soundtrack option, just a section where you can put in your own music to have a chance to play during certain situations if you want. Honestly, I don't know why all games don't have that.

It would be nice to have a customisable soundtrack option, just a section where you can put in your own music to have a chance to play during certain situations if you want. Honestly, I don't know why all games don't have that.

Quite so. I'd also like some launch music.

And re-entry music.

And "OH NOES MY ROCKET IS EXPLODERATING" music.

:D

Yeah.

I love it though, nothing beats hearing those first few tingling notes once you reach space.

Tru dat.

I also agree that the current music is well-suited to the game, and wouldn't mind a little more variety but in the same style.

One thing I probably wouldn't like, is launch music. Launch is one of the most serious parts of a rocket flight, things could get explodey really quickly, if mistakes are made.

On the ground music for Kerbin would be nice though. If they fix the MET counter, so it starts once you're not on the launchpad or runway, rather than once you're up in the air, they could put music then.

Perhaps each planet could have a few tunes, plus that generic in space theme to give that sense of space travel, and they would come at different times, or situations.

I don't think moons need themes though. Or, they could be similar to that of the parent planet.

There's so much potential here.

Edited by Tw1

Perhaps each planet could have a few tunes, plus that generic in space theme to give that sense of space travel, and the come at different times.

I don't think moons need themes though. Or, they could be similar to that of the parent planet.

Holy moly! You just came up with i think is a great idea, unique music for each planet, a la Holst!

But who would get the honour of the compositions? Exciting stuff man, please please put it up as a suggestion i think it's an awesome idea.

I think the music is okay, and I wouldn't want it to change too much (lovin' the space whales), but I thinking would be cool if each different planet/moon had it's own music and tempo that suited it :)

And you too mate, great idea! Put it up in suggestions, i think planet specific music would be fantastic.

One thing I probably wouldn't like, is launch music. Launch is one of the most serious parts of a rocket flight, things could get explodey really quickly, if mistakes are made.

On the ground music for Kerbin would be nice though. If they fix the MET counter, so it starts once you're not on the launchpad or runway, rather than once you're job the air, they could put music then.

Perhaps each planet could have a few tunes, plus that generic in space theme to give that sense of space travel, and the come at different times.

I think moons should have themes if planets do. Moons have just as unique environments as planets. Minmus shouldn't feel the same as the mun and the same as Kerbin. They're vastly different bodies.

Edited by Kerbface

True, but they are also quite connected to the parent body as well. I would still want that link between Mun, Minmus, and Kerbin, so when I travel beyond, say, to Duna and Ike, the different experience is reinforced.

Though a clever composer could achieve this balance between similarity and difference.

I'm now wondering about the tracks for the Joolian moons. Each tune would talk to the planets character, but still have elements linking it to the Jool theme.

Maybe I'll start a suggestion thread tomorrow, (I really need to sleep.), unless you want to sum up ideas from this one, and make it yourself Custard Donut?

Edited by Tw1

True, but they are also quite connected to the parent body as well. I would still want that link between Mun, Minmus, and Kerbin, so when I travel beyond, say, to Duna and Ike, the different experience is reinforced.

Though a clever composer could achieve this balance between similarity and difference.

I'm now wondering about the tracks for the Joolian moons. Each tune would talk to the planets character, but still have elements linking it to the Jool theme.

Maybe I'll start a suggestion thread tomorrow, (I really need to sleep.), unless you want to sum up ideas from this one, and make it yourself Custard Donut?

I think i'l wait for one of you guys to suggest it, it's a great idea but i didn't come up with it so i very much hesitate to make a thread about it, there's no rush, i'l be watching the suggestion forum like a hawk! :)

I have to say that would be awesome, I would love hearing different themes while planting my flags on various alien worlds!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.