Multiple (Controlled) Command Modules

Hey guys, I've been trying to set up a two staged Rocket/Satellite setup to launch the first stage of my "Space Station" into orbit. What I'm trying to do, is build my satellite as the top half, with a computer module, while having a Kerbal controlled module in my lower stage. My thought process is to have them decouple from each other, set up the orbit correctly with my satellite, then send the lower stage back to Kerbin, so I don't have unwanted space junk. However, once I decouple, I can not gain control of my top half at all. This includes using [ or ], or right clicking to control from the computer module.

What is it that I'm doing wrong?

Thanks for the help guys :)

(P.S. How do I edit my signature here on the forums xD I can't seem to find the option in my settings :P)

Did you attach batteries to the Satellite? It might have run out of power, that's all I can think of.

As for the signature thing, click "Settings" in the top right corner. I believe you need to have a certain number of posts first (20+?) though.

Edited by Aeshi

Did you attach batteries to the Satellite? It might have run out of power, that's all I can think of.

Well, now I feel a little less smart :P I remembered to add batteries to my main stage lol. Thanks a lot :)

You need 5+ posts to become Bottle Rocketeer and then you can change your signature.

Good to know, thank you :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.