[AAR] Odysseus: Voyage to Jool

RogueMason

Would you believe me if I said KSP is conspiring against me going to Eeloo?

First time I try to send a probe there, the booster stage does that weird "I think I'll just detach and phase through here and KERBOOM!" thing. Pretty easy to fix, just add more struts.

Problem solved.

Second probe attempt. In solar orbit, I finish the inclination change and have a closest approach (not an encounter) with Eeloo, which is on the other side of the system. Therefore, I decide to leave it there and end another flight. I end said other flight, return to my Eeloo probe and BAM! KSP freaks the f*** out; skybox is gone, navball is gone, and the altimeter is cycling through 111111, 222222, 333333, 444444, and so on :0.0:

Paying a visit to the tracking station and Kerbin is gone and the GUI is almost unresponsive. Time to quit.

Restart KSP.

Everything looks fine... hold on, WHERE'S MY PROBE? :mad:

SO, to conclude, KSP seems to have sided with the Kraken and their point of view in that I should be isolated :(

Fear not, for I shall perservere! I WILL. REACH. EELOO!

Trank you for Helping me with a Problem. The First Part Anwsers why my rocket keeps on exploding in a jeb Way. :)

Glad your determind to keep on Going because i think your Stories are great. :cool:

If your having Problem still with how much Delta V you will Need Then I sugest using the Interactive illustrated interplanetary guide and calculator for KSP 0.19. I would just like to say I didn't make this. I believe I saw this on One of Scott manley's video's and have eben using it for my probes. I Hope this Helps you with creating your craft.

I want to say that this is created by OLEX and I am certain if you Look around you will find the actual Forum thread.

Right, I have a little bad news.

KSP really, REALLY doesn't want me going to Eeloo. I just lost my cruiser to the same glitch I mentioned for the probe incident :mad:

I also lost the cruiser before it to a corrupted copy of KSP that killed a couple of the mod parts I was using, which in turn killed the ship ;.;

I think I know the cause behind it, so I'll try and avoid doing whatever it is that triggers this damned bug and see how I fare.

I do have a satellite in orbit of Eeloo now, mind you. Let's hope it'll be more than just that soon enough.

Right, I have a little bad news.

KSP really, REALLY doesn't want me going to Eeloo. I just lost my cruiser to the same glitch I mentioned for the probe incident :mad:

I also lost the cruiser before it to a corrupted copy of KSP that killed a couple of the mod parts I was using, which in turn killed the ship ;.;

I think I know the cause behind it, so I'll try and avoid doing whatever it is that triggers this damned bug and see how I fare.

I do have a satellite in orbit of Eeloo now, mind you. Let's hope it'll be more than just that soon enough.

I'm Sorry to Hear that. :(

To be fair i have attempted a Inter-stellar Trip with a Orbiter, Transfer stage and landing Stage to Duna, but my two Trips that i had planned both endend in Disaster When the Kracken does an unexpected Visit and blows my Project up to 50 pieces of debris.

I now have 100 pieces of debris in a 80k Orbit. :huh::0.0::mad:

Jeb: third Time lucky :cool:

• 1 year later...
I'm Sorry to Hear that. :(

To be fair i have attempted a Inter-stellar Trip with a Orbiter, Transfer stage and landing Stage to Duna, but my two Trips that i had planned both endend in Disaster When the Kracken does an unexpected Visit and blows my Project up to 50 pieces of debris.

I now have 100 pieces of debris in a 80k Orbit. :huh::0.0::mad:

Jeb: third Time lucky :cool:

Wait. Were you going to Duna, or Interstellar? That means between stars, you know.

...Holy crap. I did not expect to see this today.

Anyway, I'm sure it was just an honest mistake; a lot of people tend to get 'interplanetary' and 'interstellar' confused, usually because the latter is a more widely known word than the former.

Good job!

However, I think the end of the Epilogue could have been made into a reference to the Apollo Program.

"The men in this room are going to the moon."

"The Kerbals in this room are going to Jool, besides me." -Director guy

Edited by Bill Phil

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.