four engine chassis

Labelling this part as a "four-engine chassis" just doesn't do it justice.

I almost passed this thread by, but I'm glad that I didn't because this has turned out, surprisingly, to be one heck of a versatile weapon in my KSP arsenal.

Great for building landers, rovers, bases, and whatever else one can dream up, although I have yet to use it in it's intended role as an engine mount, and I probably never will. =) As I said, it's so much more than that, although at first glance it really doesn't appear to be.

I like the look of this. It's like a McDonald's cupholder - for space.

Space coffee. That is what we need. All we need. All we need is cupholders and space coffee.

Hmm, i noticed couple of problems with this part. First: it connection nodes are not very strong. I put four nuclear engines (Aurora from the mod) on it, and they wobbled significantly during thrust. Also one of them simply fell off when i tested landing gear on the pad.Another problem is related with KAS winch. When i try to connect a ship with 4chassis to another without it, ship with this part gets yanked off its landing gear like its a piece of rubber. But then, it's not unheard of two mods don't liking each other :) I will do more testing with stock parts.

Hmm, i noticed couple of problems with this part. First: it connection nodes are not very strong. I put four nuclear engines (Aurora from the mod) on it, and they wobbled significantly during thrust. Also one of them simply fell off when i tested landing gear on the pad.Another problem is related with KAS winch. When i try to connect a ship with 4chassis to another without it, ship with this part gets yanked off its landing gear like its a piece of rubber. But then, it's not unheard of two mods don't liking each other :) I will do more testing with stock parts.

Just sent a kethane miner to laythe today using this part to handle the 4 nervas on my delivery vehicle. Worked fine, in 4x as well.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.