Engine m/s/s

Hi all,

I'm a pure vanilla player and as so i don't use any UI enhancer.

My question is: Is there any way of calcuating how many m/s an engine puts out pr. sec.??

I could just test all engines but that would take longer this :)

Thank's all in advance

Not really since the acceleration your spacecraft is able to produce depends on your thrust/mass ratio, rather than just on the type of engine you're using. To make an easy to remember analogy, imagine a car motor. It can produce a fair acceleration when it has to propel a car, but if you where to use it on a truck the result would be logically quite different ^^

Just divide the force by mass, and that will give you their acceleration :) (in vacuum, it will also change as you burn fuel or drop stages etc.)

okey, so the LV-N has 60 trust and a mass of 2,25 = 60/2,25 = 26,66.....7

so does this mean that pr. sec. that engine puts out 26,66 m/s? :sealed:

Not really since the acceleration your spacecraft is able to produce depends on your thrust/mass ratio, rather than just on the type of engine you're using. To make an easy to remember analogy, imagine a car motor. It can produce a fair acceleration when it has to propel a car, but if you where to use it on a truck the result would be logically quite different ^^

yes of course :rolleyes::wink:

but i'm only asking about the engine as a singel unit :cool:

okey, so the LV-N has 60 trust and a mass of 2,25 = 60/2,25 = 26,66.....7

so does this mean that pr. sec. that engine puts out 26,66 m/s? :sealed:

Technically that is the maximum acceleration that engine can give. As Xeo implied, your actual acceleration will be your total thrust divided by total mass

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.