KSP is great because....

sal_vager

It's one of the few games that I've honestly been passionate about in a long, long while. There's game series that I follow, and there's games that I've enjoyed, but KSP is one of the ones that has made it onto my "Top Games of All Time" list even considering the short time I've played it.

It's easy to learn, but hard to master... but you always learn something new, no matter what you're doing or how often you've tried something similar.

It gives me, in the absence of any feasible way to actually go into space myself, the thrill of going into space and doing things like land on other planets.

It lets me mess around and try out silly ideas without any penalties for "Doing It Wrong."

And finally, when I get stressed out, it lets me watch pretty fireworks.

i want to become an astrophysicist when i am older, i literally had no idea what AP/PE meant

No idea how Landings were done

No idea how to get it into orbit, this game boosted my knowlege for space even further, i am so glad i bought this game, best 23 dollars ive ever spent

1. It captures the feel of the sheer scope and size of space, even with the actual scale being less.

2. It teaches out-of-the-box thinking that defies traditional surface-based logic.

3. It doesn't punish the player arbitrarily; any time something goes wrong, it can be traced back to a decision made by the player, not a coinflip done by the computer.

4. It brings the joy of exploration of other worlds to the player in a way that few games can.

5. It encourages creativity of design, experimentation, and engineering mentality in designing effective craft.

6. It's highly moddable, and has a fantastic community of mod makers.

7. It has a fantastic community of players as well.

8. It has a dedicated and attentive development team that doesn't let "difficult to implement" hold them back.

KSP is great because:

It has given my something to totally let my inner nerd shine.

It's great because I can talk orbital babble and have my friends give me sideways glances.

It's great because it is one of the coolest feelings to see someone who says they would NEVER play this kind of game find their way to the Mun in awe of their subtle yet grand accomplishment.

it teaches maths/science/engineering all through the media of games. The game is amazing, The community is equally amazing, I honestly think this is my favourite game ever.

It's space and I can do what I feel like, I don't have to follow some path specified by someone else. I actually get frustrated when I fail and feel good when I complete what I set out to do!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.