A - Tech XCEMV (eXtra Curricular Emergency Response Vehicle) ( Hover Rover )

Allister Technology

We proudly present to you the A-Tech XCEMV. This highly capable "rover" speaks for itself. Controls are easy, Hovering is easy, and you can ride out a landing at up to 60m/s. What more could you want? Designed and tested specifically for Minmus.

Features: Hovering capability. 60m/s before the wheels fall off (or hover required). Kerbal transport ladders on wheel arms. Easy delivery system to Kerbal Moons. Wide wheel base, low profile and center of gravity for ultimate control.

Control Group 1: Headlights

Control Group 2: Top Lights

Control Group 3: Brakes

Launch Stage: Nova Rocket, Asparagus. Very Efficient, stable, and easy to control throughout the entire mission.

screenshot50wh.png

Orbit Burning for Minmus landing.

screenshot56s.png

Lining up A-Tech Minimus Base

screenshot57y.png

Power Burning for decent and speed reduction

screenshot62h.png

Floating In for ~ 20 m/s surface speed landing.

screenshot67c.png

Minmus Kerbals are very happy to see the new response vehicle and pile on for a staff cruise to celebrate successful launch of the A-Tech XCEMV

screenshot75a.png

Gillbald was very nervous at launch and a little extra green, but the remainder of the journey saw a very content Kerbal.

Enjoy.

A-Tech XCEMV - http://www./?4zp444b4ybablse

My Request for help! The fuel station is coming.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/28204-(A-Tech-Request)-Minimus-orbit-ground-orbit-refuel-vessel

The Rest of the A-Tech Fleet

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/27806-Allister-Technology-Colonization-Project

Edited by Allister

I like the staggered wheels. Thanks for sharing

No problem. Ill be working on a refuel depot for it next.

The wheels were the most frustrating part. Countless kerbal hours were spent drifting to the left and adjusting alignment but we're quite pleased with the outcome. Probably the most entertaining craft I've driven. Its fast, stable, and can quite litterally "jump" Minimus mountains.

Have you had a chance to operate it in low gravity? I'm open to tweaking criticisms on both the rover and launch craft.

It's cool, But it's not Minimus, It's Minmus. :)

BTW, are those two things on the top mini rovers?

Thanks for the spellcheck.

They are mosquitos, mini hover units that were designed with the MOLAB

Why yes, yes it is. Bug TMI with Nova below. Wonderful combination. Extremely stable in all stages.

So that's what happens to my TMI after separation.... you tow it away for spare parts!

So that's what happens to my TMI after separation.... you tow it away for spare parts!

Hey, Gillbald found it and decided to use it. See the smile? He's very happy about finding such an amazing "just lying around" part to slap on his rocket. You'll have to take it up with the little green feller. I tried to talk him out of it...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.