The best laptop for gaming under 3000 dollars?

Cloakedwand72

What is the best gaming laptop that dos not crash and plays games on highest setting?

Are any of these laptops good for high end gaming under 3000 dollars?

Alienware

Asus

Falcon northwest

or Msi

What is the best ones for under 3000 dollars?

I purchased an Asus G55 from amazon last fall. For about half your budget:

i7 core(2.3GHz)

8GB ram

500GB hard drive

Nvidia GTX 660M

As far as performance, it runs fast and rather silent. I'll be buying another Asus when this one dies one day. My experience with Alienware is that they have great looking cases, but overcharge for specs. I have no experience with Falcon or Msi.

If you absolutely have to have a "gaming laptop" look no further that the ASUS ROG Series of laptops. Very good value for performance. I would recomend the the ASUS G46VW (http://rog.asus.com/notebook/14-2/g46vw/) You can get a G75VX (http://rog.asus.com/notebook/17-inch/g75vx/)

Its going to be hard to max games on a laptop. You will have a set of limiting factors such as the hardware used in the construction of the machine, the limited upgradeability of a laptop, and well any Pre-built.

If i could make a suggestion, Build a Gaming Rig.

Assuming the budget is 3K flat you can build a monster rig. If you want suggestions let me know.

Edited by Leonov

He said "best laptop for gaming", not "best gaming laptop".

with a 3k budget he probably will get the best gaming laptop, but that's pretty much just burning money. A 3k gaming laptop probably has the same performance as a $800 self-built PC, with maybe half the lifespan, if not less.

What is the best gaming laptop that dos not crash and plays games on highest setting?

What is the best ones for under 3000 dollars?

He said "best laptop for gaming", not "best gaming laptop".

ROFL, please read the OP before trying to correct people.

If you are going to drop 2K on a lappy, i would surely hope that it comes with an SSD. That is just bad placement by samsung, an 840 pro SSD in place of the second HDD would make that thing come alive.

It is probably a nice lappy, for that price it better be. Good luck upgrading when something new comes out.

YqM2sOo.jpg

Edited by Leonov

Why not Alienware ?

After they were aquired by Dell, Alienware's quality standards went out the window They used to be a company with very nice gaming computers, Dell replaced good parts with cheaper inexpensive parts to cut corners to make it cheaper for them to produce. They then raised the price up to you the end user while still trying to piggyback off of their former glory.

Edited by Leonov

I'd spend 1000 dollars for a gaming desktop, and then spend 1500 on an Asus gaming Laptop. That way you have a portable gaming system and one that can be upgraded when the time comes.

If you want a real gaming pc,

Build. your. own.

That's the best way! and the cheapest!

but that's not were you asking for!

I don't know much about gaming laptops, but you shouldn't choose alienware because it has a very unstable system, and a very, very bad service(Dell) if it is broken.

That's what I heard from someone who has a alienware laptop.

You should really look into Lenovo. I'm not a fan of the whole "gaming brick" laptop styles that are too damn flashy. I have been pretty happy with mine. Their newest model is priced roughly the same as mine was, but has two gfx cards (no cd/dvd), but also has an SSD:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834312440

I'm sure every Windows-based os has to get a bluescreen sometime.

I have never gotten the BSOD on any of my computers. Regular maintence and not touching things your not supposed to touch will make using a computer a nice experience.

In all honesty OP, if you split your budget in half and bought a Gaming Rig and a "Gaming" laptop, about 1500 on each, give or take. You could get an Asus G46VW Lappy, and build a pretty good rig, the sky is the limit. Setup some a good homegroup and bam, transfer saves from a game you played on the go and continue on a desktop.

• 2 weeks later...
You should really look into Lenovo.

I also think so. This is a good brand to meet your goals. Just try to choose only modern hardware for your specific needs.

Edited by Jmichael

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.