Massive 279 rocket lift off [Video]

kodack

Wasn't going for most fuel tanks or thrusters. I wanted a heavy lifter "mobile parking lot" with a large surface area for a mobile base. This was my first prototype. Out of curiosity though, knowing that I pushed the game to nearly game breaking levels, who put a larger rocket off the ground?

O.o Very impressive, even if it failed hilariously.

I think if it had taken off smoothly the video wouldn't have been as entertaining. :) I found this out in the second video when the perfect liftoff was quite boring, so I cut to some of the unfortunate casualties in my testing program. I still want to know why my Kerban got punted out of his cockpit at hypersonic speed after going EVA at 1:36.

I think if it had taken off smoothly the video wouldn't have been as entertaining. :) I found this out in the second video when the perfect liftoff was quite boring, so I cut to some of the unfortunate casualties in my testing program. I still want to know why my Kerban got punted out of his cockpit at hypersonic speed after going EVA at 1:36.

And at 1:47 -- DAT FACE!!!!!!

:0.0:

UhFibtT.png

Pure Wile E. Coyote Moment! :D

Poor guy! R.I.P. Melger!

And at 1:47 -- DAT FACE!!!!!!

:0.0:

UhFibtT.png

Pure Wile E. Coyote Moment! :D

Poor guy! R.I.P. Melger!

I felt bad :(

The face he made as he desperately tried to jetpack himself to a stop was priceless. A big frowny face turning into clenched teeth as the ground came up to introduce itself.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.