A new planet Idea,

SpaceshipFood

The only thing I fear is it being to much like Kerbin, in a way.

What if there was a planet that had lots of trees, waterfalls, lakes and rivers like a rain forest, I think it would create a challenge, all the trees would make it hard to land, very good for people that are really good at landing.

Discuss

it would probably be very laggy, and the trees would have to be part of the terrain so scatter would not affect it

I think nova wanted to give terrain scatter a collision model. The only reason why it does not have one right now is because of the lag it would produce.

Edited by TooManyErrors

What? No way! What i'm supposed to do on my scientific field trips into space? Rocks might be interesting for some time, but i want life. Bacteria, algae, simple multicellular organisms - little things that grow, evolve and make cool specimens on lab shelves. Laythe should have life at 99%, Duna...ech, maybe 50%.

KSP is meant to resemble our solar system in many ways. Obviously there are differences (and it's scaled down) but generally speaking, it's meant to be similar to our own solar system like the rocketeering technology is similar to ours.

A planet like that would firstly take forever to design and be really hard to render but also would be too much like Kerbin, too far from our solar system and take all the mystery out of the search for life. Also, it's not really plausible to have even the tiniest bit of mystery regarding the life on this planet as you'd be able to see signs of it from a billion miles away and it'd have to already be close to Kerbin to be in the habitable zone.

Now if they ever added interstellar travel, and I am not really a fan of the idea but if they did it would have to be after all features that fit the game in it's single system status are completed and worked out well, in that case I would be happy to see a planet with some kind of serious macroscopic life, but make it really weird and bizzare.

Edited by Kerbface

Duna's a freezing, dry wasteland. Laythe may have to much radiation exposure, due to its location with in Jool's (likely) magetic feild, to have developed life, and even if it isn't, that's not to say something caused life to form there.

I wouldn't mind finding fossilised bacteria,I'd like them to keep any evidence of life mysterious and intriguing like it is in our own solar system.

Maybe a planet/dwarf/moon could have spikes for terrain. That'd be hard to land on.

I'm still hoping for something where Kerbin's L3 point would be....

Maybe a planet/dwarf/moon could have spikes for terrain. That'd be hard to land on.

I'm still hoping for something where Kerbin's L3 point would be....

Yeah, a planet with some crazy tectonics might be good to see. Lots of steep mountains and valleys and cliffs and jutting rocks.

Needle like things was what I was thinking, but that works too.

Totally going against what I said before, but I once had a dream where I landed on a strange planetoid with giant, vertical but with bends, grey noodle like coral things.

If we're extremely lucky, I may draw a picture, and post it.

It was covered with them, and very alien. Any life in them seemed long gone.

Edited by Tw1

Dude, there was tree and building everywhere til kerbal crash their rocket on them too many time like Zillion time. long before you born. All survive kerbal living underground. But strange somehow KSC still stand for some reason

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.