getting a manned pod to eloo?

Veshpa

herro, i was wondering what a manned spaceship would need to get atleast 1 kerbal from the surface of kerbin all the way to eloo (i dont really care if you can can come back from) i just would like to know what will a rocket need to get there

:0.0:

see? you got it!

seriously though, 2 nuclear rockets fed by a big orange tank can pretty much get you anywhere no matter how inefficient you are with your burns. If you can get that in orbit, you should be fine.... especially if your spaceship is nothing more than a manned pod.

Jokes are all fun, but this is a game with a steep learning curve.

Eeloo seems to need a delta-v of 6300 to go to and return (assuming you don't land - dock a lander to your Eeloo ship!). This is a mass ratio of:

• 5.0 with chemical engines
  • 2.9 with nuclear engines
  • 1.2 with ion engines

Mass ratio is the ratio between fuel and not-fuel. For example, a mass ratio of 5.0 means 4 parts fuel, 1 part ship.

Judging from your post count, and lack of pic, I assume you're a steam noob. Don't go to Eeloo first, its too hard to do if you you can't do other things first. Try a Mun landing, Duna landing, some probes to Jool. Besides, Eeloo is going to be a major disappointment if you don't really know what you are doing, and spend so much time trying. Try Eeloo after you have at least done a Duna return, and an lko station.

Judging from your post count, and lack of pic, I assume you're a steam noob. Don't go to Eeloo first, its too hard to do if you you can't do other things first. Try a Mun landing, Duna landing, some probes to Jool. Besides, Eeloo is going to be a major disappointment if you don't really know what you are doing, and spend so much time trying. Try Eeloo after you have at least done a Duna return, and an lko station.

on my other world ive gotten past jool and landed on duna, yes past it, this is for eeloo,i said what would a ship LOOK like becuase when i tried getting to eeloo i ran out of fuel, so i only made it a few million meters past jools orbit, so dont start judging others, even tho my world got destroyed

I currently have a flight en route to Eeloo. As others have said, with the nuclear engines you need surprisingly little fuel. The issue for me was how many engines I carried. Nuclear engines are fine for the stuff that can happen slowly, like the plane change and establishing Eeloo orbit from the Hohmann transfer. They're annoying for the boost away from Kerbin, so I held onto my last pair of mainsails from the Kerbin ascent, refuelled, and used them to start my escape burn, switching them off when I was close enough to Krbin escape velocity to finish the burn on the nukes without a problem.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.