[v1.2]KSP - Silisko Edition

NovaSilisko

Here\'s an idea for a part that I\'ve been thinking over:

A 0.5m, or maybe even 0.2m diameter solid rocket booster about the length of a standard fuel tank that can be mounted radially. It would have high thrust and very high acceleration, but it would have a rather short burn time of about five seconds.

It could be used for a multitude of purposes, such as satellite propulsion, lunar ascent, emergency de-orbiting, or as a means of accelerating a stage before ignition.

A 0.5m, or maybe even 0.2m diameter solid rocket booster about the length of a standard fuel tank that can be mounted radially. It would have high thrust and very high acceleration, but it would have a rather short burn time of about five seconds.

It could be used for a multitude of purposes, such as satellite propulsion, lunar ascent, emergency de-orbiting, or as a means of accelerating a stage before ignition.

Something like that is already over here -

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/index.php?topic=2770.0

but the more options the merrier, of course.

DON\'T GIVE ME IDEAS

Guest Flixxbeatz

And so I decided to use this pack since Nova had already permitted mixing this with other mods and I made a simple orbiter rocket.

And damn:

screenshot3.png

screenshot2.png

screenshot1.png

'Error (509)

This account\'s public links are generating too much traffic and have been temporarily disabled!'

Heh? This - this can\'t be happening...NOOO!!!

After my computer\'s hard drive crashed and I lost everything :\'( I needed to download all the mods again, and now when I do...this?!

Wow... my luck lately...

'Error (509)

This account\'s public links are generating too much traffic and have been temporarily disabled!'

Heh? This - this can\'t be happening...NOOO!!!

After my computer\'s hard drive crashed and I lost everything :\'( I needed to download all the mods again, and now when I do...this?!

Wow... my luck lately...

>slow point towards the mirror link...

>slow point towards the mirror link...

Oh, sorry. See I know nothing about everything so I didn\'t know what a mirror was lol but thanks for not insulting my stupidity like some other people on the forums do to people who ask stupid questions.

Btw, I worked this up to help me decide which booster(s) to use. Thought it might be helpful for others.

[table]

[tr][td]booster[/td] [td]burn time (seconds)[/td] [td]thrust (newtons)[/td] [td]impulse (newton-seconds)[/td] [td]mass (kg)[/td] [td]delta-v (m/s)[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]rt-10[/td] [td]30[/td] [td]140[/td] [td]4200[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]2100[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]rt-20[/td] [td]60[/td] [td]180[/td] [td]10800 [/td] [td]4[/td] [td]2700[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]rt-b20[/td] [td]80[/td] [td]70[/td] [td]5600[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]2800[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]rt-x20[/td] [td]75[/td] [td]140[/td] [td]10500[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]1750[/td][/tr]

[/table]

DV capacities, though any real rocket will have lower values as these are calculated assuming that nothing but the booster itself is being used.

RT-10: 6210 m/s
RT-20: 7985 m/s
RTX-20: 5803 m/s
RT-B20: 10.5 km/s

1. I have 17 RCS fule tanks, 16 are the outside balls and the 17th is a single wide one. For some reson the game chooses the 16 balls first and uses them up in about 3 seconds.

But thats not the problem, when one gets used up then its fuel seems to re-set so I always have 16 full and 1 being used no matter what.

2. Your cover dosent break off at all. Not in the atmosphere or in space, it just stays attached and dosent do shit! *ragequit*

3. not your problem: but this pack lags SOO MUCH for me D: