Show off your bases on Kerbin

katateochi

So while we're all scampering to the far reaches of the solar system to set up colonies to live in, I realised that Kerbin now had less man made structures than most of the other planets. So to that end I build a massive house for Jeb, Bill and Bob to live in when they are off duty.

hD8kEhth.jpg

As this shows, you can go rather nutts with a home world base, not having to get it into orbit means more scope for daft construction. Yes, this one even has a bar;

sQcA9Z5l.jpg

more pics of interior and download links in this thread

So what bases have you guys built on our home world? Post your non-space faring bases here!

nice! What is the part count?

over 500. Too much really, got carried away!

And exactly HOW did you make this!?

With the new B9 parts pack (and a touch of insanity). It comes with a range of structural panels, some of them are HUGE, so that helped keep the part count down.

Ground floor is basically just 2 of the really big ones and the walls are the medium ones. The windows are sets of the railings that also come with that pack stacked on top of each other. It's almost entirely just B9 panels, in the middle is a probe core (somewhere), a rover-mate part and several girders from another pack. and lots and lots of struts! Oh and oscarB fuel tanks for bar stools, naturally.

My Kerbin Hotel

- from plans made by Macey Dean for a Laythe base, edited for use here

- Commanded by Jebediah, Bill and Bob Kerman after successfully returning from Minmus (my only flight to Minmus and my farthest flight ever)

- Nearly at maximum capacity of 22 Kerbals (manned by 20 Kerbals)

YzaczSc.png

hmyCZ43.png

Next to it is the Surface Bug...

A transport to bring landed Kerbals (normally I can get a landing over or near KSC) to the Hotel, to load them them for the mass colonization of either Laythe or Mun.

This is actually an awesome idea, I should totally set up a place for all my Kerbals to go after their missions are over... New rule... No more use of the "End Flight" button! :D

nice hotel Windchild, but I really like the 'Surface Bug', aptly named I think.

This is actually an awesome idea, I should totally set up a place for all my Kerbals to go after their missions are over... New rule... No more use of the "End Flight" button! :D

Yeah that is my aim too, to only end flight on ships without crew. But I don't want to spend ages on crew relocation so working on some fast jets to take crew around. long term WIP.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.