[0.90] LazTek SpaceX Launch, Exploration, Colonial Transporter & Historic mods (1/25/14)

LazarusLuan

I had to make some last minute decisions on how certain parts are configured and am finishing my testing tonight. Following this, I'm putting up the new packs in low and high resolution versions. As requested, here are more pics:

screenshot16.png

screenshot35.png

Edited by LazarusLuan

So excited! Hope its today!!

I live in Texas and awhile back got to go watch one of the Grasshoppers test jumps (from a good distance of course). It was AWESOME, and I have been huge fan of SpaceX ever since.

Gonna use the awesome 3m open/close nosecone to relaunch my GPS network!

One thing to think about as you test: does it play well with mechjeb? (rcs thrusters and engine)

IIRC The ASAS in the 0.19 version actually optionally used MechJeb for landing guidance so I'd say yeah I think it ought to work okay. As Laz already integrates MechJeb (and I'm sure he said he'd upgrade that to 2.0.x in the new version) I'm guessing he;s testing using MechJeb anyway?

This in 2.5m + Procedural Fairings and really you may as well sell your soul to Elon ;)

Glad to see a lowres pack, and a 0.21+ update.

Not sure why your still going with legacy install.....some reason for that?

Also the 'ship' folder is empty. Don't bother me as I prefer to build, just figured Id say something in case it was unintentional.

Glad to see a lowres pack, and a 0.21+ update.

Not sure why your still going with legacy install.....some reason for that?

Also the 'ship' folder is empty. Don't bother me as I prefer to build, just figured Id say something in case it was unintentional.

Not sure what happened to the ships between setting up the distribution folders and compressing them, but I've fixed and reuploaded the files. I'm not following the "legacy install" question, which makes me think I missed some change they made in Kerbal while I was busy working on the new updates. What do I need to change?

Edited by LazarusLuan

Not sure what happened to the ships between setting up the distribution folders and compressing them, but I've fixed and uploaded the files. I'm not following the "legacy install" question, which makes me think I missed some change they made in Kerbal while I was busy working on the new updates. What do I need to change?

The pack seems as if its to be installed in the 'Parts' and 'Internals' folders, as it was done in KSP 0.19 and prior. This now called Legacy folders, since they are not used anymore, not even by Squad.

Most mods now (since 0.20) use the GameData folder to install, same as Squad.

Those Legacy folders will not be there forever, Squad left them there post 0.20 to give people (mod devs) time to adjust to new file structure.

Using the new file/config structure is also good for things like cloning/resizing parts by using same model, texture, and config.