[0.90] LazTek SpaceX Launch, Exploration, Colonial Transporter & Historic mods (1/25/14)

LazarusLuan

having an odd issue, not sure if its mechjeb or something i have over looked. Trying to use the Falcon 9 to launch my first station part, and the torque does not seem to be working. When I or mechjeb start the gravity turn it is as if it loses torque and cannot continue to keep its orientation so it keeps rolling over. Tried it like 6 times, sometimes with kerbals onboard the hab module and others empty. I am wondering if mechjeb may be the issue.

Loving the Falcon 9 !

having an odd issue, not sure if its mechjeb or something i have over looked. Trying to use the Falcon 9 to launch my first station part, and the torque does not seem to be working. When I or mechjeb start the gravity turn it is as if it loses torque and cannot continue to keep its orientation so it keeps rolling over. Tried it like 6 times, sometimes with kerbals onboard the hab module and others empty. I am wondering if mechjeb may be the issue.

Loving the Falcon 9 !

I'm glad you are having fun! The issue you're having is associated with the physics between the fairing base and the heavy payload being launched. This can be easily remedied by using a pair of struts to connect from the fairing base to the lower part of your payload. When you separate the payload, it will automatically sever the struts. Hope this helps...

If you are using the steam version, just copy the ksp folder from steam and it works fine, it just doesn't auto update. I do that for having multiple installs, and always keep an old copy on hand for testing my mod to see how it works.

it was happening with both versions of the mod. The HD one just crashed the game quicker :D

Also check the log to see if you get the null exception message that I posted. It was spamming the log when I finally got the standard version to work and was slowing y the game down a fair bit

I've checked my logs and don't get any null exception messages, so I haven't been able to recreate the issue. I'm trying to get my hands on as many computers as I can for testing and currently have tested the mod successfully with an i7 PC with 16GB RAM and Win7, an i5 PC with 8GB RAM and Win7, an i3 with 8GB RAM, a MacBook Pro with 4GB RAM and OSX Lion and an iMac 27" with 8GB RAM and OSX Mountain Lion. All these systems use various Nvidia graphics cards. I don't have any other mods installed besides MechJeb 2, so I don't know if the SpaceX launch pack is having a hard time working with other mods installed. I'll add a few popular mods and test if everything still works properly.

I'm glad you are having fun! The issue you're having is associated with the physics between the fairing base and the heavy payload being launched. This can be easily remedied by using a pair of struts to connect from the fairing base to the lower part of your payload. When you separate the payload, it will automatically sever the struts. Hope this helps...

It generally has issues with top-heavy payloads and gravity turns with MechJeb2, especially as the main and/or booster stage fuel gets low. . I tried to lift a 30-tonne payload with the FH and it just flaps around until the rocket breaks. I don't think this is Laz's fault it's just the shonky attachment nodes in KSP. I really wish they'd implement multi-node attachments.

Also when using the FH with MechJeb2 it has a habit of tearing the boosters off in the gravity turn which is crappy. I think MechJeb2 is suffering a few issues as BobCat's Ares V (which used to fly just fine) al;so suffers the same issue.

Perfect work!!!

I use DragonX spacecraft,about everything what i need...i do every mission with it.

Only,i think,astronauts must have the hatch up,to their heads...not down to their feet,and maybe this have connect,when i see (IVA),to the dock port window,the horizon of planet is to opposite side of the navball mark!

Sorry,if i do wrong to my report,please check it.

Thanks about this wonderfull pack!

So i'm not sure if its the falcon 9 mod or mechjeb, but now i can't end and go back to the space center after landing using mechjeb at KSC. At first I thought it was the crew manifest plugin so i took it out and it still happened to me last night. So love using the falcon 9 and heavy to build my large space station. Having i not able to end the flights right is gonna put a halt to my operations till i can figure out what is causing this. Anyone else experience anything like this?

I'm pretty sure the real Dragon is laid out with the hatch at the crew's feet.

Indeed - because there's a window on the side the crew's heads are facing - this is better than the alternative, for reasons which should be obvious. :D

So i'm not sure if its the falcon 9 mod or mechjeb, but now i can't end and go back to the space center after landing using mechjeb at KSC. At first I thought it was the crew manifest plugin so i took it out and it still happened to me last night. So love using the falcon 9 and heavy to build my large space station. Having i not able to end the flights right is gonna put a halt to my operations till i can figure out what is causing this. Anyone else experience anything like this?

Is the craft throttled down? MechJeb may have it throttled up automatically so disable any Autopilot functions and make sure the throttle is at zero.

I see to this diagram,the hatch is over the heads,of astronauts.

Perhaps that is the case, but I'm not sure if that's the final flight configuration (remember, no manned flights of the Dragon Rider have occurred yet)

It makes no sense to put the crew hatch at the head and a larger window down by the feet - but perhaps there's a reason.

If you are using the steam version, just copy the ksp folder from steam and it works fine, it just doesn't auto update.

OK, that seemed to work at first glance... but after putting a satellite in orbit last night, I launched the game today to discover that all my settings had been forgotten and the save was lost. It's almost as if it was a fresh install again. Not sure why, but fortunately all I lost were a couple small first steps.

I hate spending money needlessly, but if giving Squad another $23 means I won't lose all my work, I could think of worse places for the cash to go.

Edited by HeadHunter67

Perhaps that is the case, but I'm not sure if that's the final flight configuration (remember, no manned flights of the Dragon Rider have occurred yet)

It makes no sense to put the crew hatch at the head and a larger window down by the feet - but perhaps there's a reason.

I don't think can change this...put the hatches up or side,of crew of a flight craft,have connect with safety procedures to emergency situations.

i like this mod, but can't use it. Even the low res version lags the hell out of my computer not necessarily at launch but once it gets out of the amosphere for what ever reason. This is true on a fresh install or modded install of KSP. I never have problems with lag unless i use this mod! I do like the look of it and think they are nice models of the spacex though. good job!

Perfect work!!!

I use DragonX spacecraft,about everything what i need...i do every mission with it.

Only,i think,astronauts must have the hatch up,to their heads...not down to their feet,and maybe this have connect,when i see (IVA),to the dock port window,the horizon of planet is to opposite side of the navball mark!

Sorry,if i do wrong to my report,please check it.

Thanks about this wonderfull pack!

I've seen a couple of diagrams that place the hatch at both locations, however, the physical mockup that SpaceX has shown off to the public and is currently on display at their Hawthorne, CA headquarters has the hatch at the astronauts' feet. I based my speculation on the look of the Dragon 2 on this mockup, including the design of the nacelles and placement of the RCS thrusters.

http://www.space.com/15429-spacex-dragon-space-capsule-manned-infographic.html

I see to this diagram,the hatch is over the heads,of astronauts.

That diagram also doesn't show the SuperDraco thrusters, or the correct docking mechanism. I hardly think it's reliable. The most reliable data we have is the physical mock-up SpaceX has made, and it has the hatch by the astronaut's feet.

. I'm haveing the same issue....when try to go back to the space port when done with that portion of the flight it dumps the game to desk top. I uninstalled the mod. Issue solved....love the mod and look.

Great pack! How about a cargo version of the Dragon? I know there's one already in the other Space-X mod, but I'd prefer one matching your style. :)

Ah, in that case, this mod needs a Cargo Dragon and early Falcons (1, 9 1.0 and maybe 5). :) I'm pretty sure they can be made relatively easily, given the part commonality between the Space X rockets. Falcon 9 v1.0, for example, would only require a new engine cluster, and Falcon 5 would probably only need another engine cluster and a fairing set.

Edited by Guest

Great pack! How about a cargo version of the Dragon? I know there's one already in the other Space-X mod, but I'd prefer one matching your style. :)

I made the nacelles separate so the Dragon could be used as a cargo version with just the built-in RCS thrusters for control and propulsion.

I made the nacelles separate so the Dragon could be used as a cargo version with just the built-in RCS thrusters for control and propulsion.

Yeah, but the pod is still the crewed version. It has visible interior, windows, everything and doesn't allow for unmanned flight.