[0.90] LazTek SpaceX Launch, Exploration, Colonial Transporter & Historic mods (1/25/14)

LazarusLuan

just installed the latest with the new trunk

FANTASTIC!

heres a maybe stupid question i know we didn't see any ladder during Elon's demo...are you going to add a ladder yourself Laz? like a retractable one from the Dragon2 you built?

Nice parts! The only issue I'm encountering is with the Falcon Main Tank. Once in the VAB, if you mouse over the preview of the Falcon Main Tank to select it, it pops out of the box and gradually increases in size as if you were zooming into it. After you hover over it and it does what was just mentioned, it quickly flickers in between the last item you moused over before that; quite quickly I might add.

It's quite the unique issue. So far it seems to only affect this item, luckily, it doesn't affect the placement of the item. I looked over the part config and can't seem to find anything that could be causing this to happen, so I'm stumped. I would say it's an incompatibility issue, but all other parts are fine, and this is the only time something like this has happened.

Any help is appreciated.

That was a bug in an old version of the pack but has been ironed out since. Are you sure you have the latest version?

Just downloaded it tonight from the first post. If this helps at all, I downloaded all packs in standard definition. Maybe it wasn't fixed in all texture versions?

Nice parts! The only issue I'm encountering is with the Falcon Main Tank. Once in the VAB, if you mouse over the preview of the Falcon Main Tank to select it, it pops out of the box and gradually increases in size as if you were zooming into it. After you hover over it and it does what was just mentioned, it quickly flickers in between the last item you moused over before that; quite quickly I might add.

It's quite the unique issue. So far it seems to only affect this item, luckily, it doesn't affect the placement of the item. I looked over the part config and can't seem to find anything that could be causing this to happen, so I'm stumped. I would say it's an incompatibility issue, but all other parts are fine, and this is the only time something like this has happened.

Any help is appreciated.

This is a well known KSP bug if there are 3 resources and no modules present, there is a small module that fixes this issue w/o editing code yourself. Get it HERE.

This is a well known KSP bug if there are 3 resources and no modules present, there is a small module that fixes this issue w/o editing code yourself. Get it HERE.

Sadly, since Spaceport was taken down, there's no way to download the mod :/

Just downloaded it tonight from the first post. If this helps at all, I downloaded all packs in standard definition. Maybe it wasn't fixed in all texture versions?

Well, my guess was correct. In the standard version

MODULE
{
name = ModuleSAS
}

isn't added to FalconMainTank. Thanks to RedAV8R for letting me know that it was a missing module/three resources causing the issue. Hopefully, Laz will fix this so others won't have the same issue. It's fixed for the Low def and High def, but not standard.

Personally, I'd rather have the .dll that adds a module automatically to something that doesn't have it rather than all the parts have extra junk in them, hopefully .24 will see this bug fixed.

Personally, I'd rather have the .dll that adds a module automatically to something that doesn't have it rather than all the parts have extra junk in them, hopefully .24 will see this bug fixed.

Yes, it'd be nice to have the .dll that does it for you. Sadly, as said in a post above, spaceport is gone and you can't download it anymore. There doesn't seem to be an alternate link.

Yes, it'd be nice to have the .dll that does it for you. Sadly, as said in a post above, spaceport is gone and you can't download it anymore. There doesn't seem to be an alternate link.

Modulefixer is copyleft, GNU General Public License. Anyone may rehost it. I actually have it on my computer. Does anybody know a good hosting site?

Awesome SpaceX parts packyou made here breh. Absolutely loving the Dragon capsules.

Edit: Also, just wondering, is there any reason you use mbm files instead of pngs for the textures? Using mbm instead increases ram usage by a rather needlessly huge amount.

Dropbox and Mediafire are good, common hosting sites.

Alright, will upload tomorrow. I can't right now, and I'm preparing for exams, so I don't have much time.

- - - Updated - - -

Awesome SpaceX parts packyou made here breh. Absolutely loving the Dragon capsules.

Edit: Also, just wondering, is there any reason you use mbm files instead of pngs for the textures? Using mbm instead increases ram usage by a rather needlessly huge amount.

No, mbm files do not increase RAM load. They do, however, increase the amount of hard drive space used by a large amount.

No, mbm files do not increase RAM load. They do, however, increase the amount of hard drive space used by a large amount.

You sure? I was curious and tried converting them to PNG. My RAM use from this mod dropped by about 60%. I'm using ATM light if that matters.

I've tested every image format used by the export function with the parttools script add-on for Unity and while other formats may save space in the mod files, they don't reduce the graphic memory required when actually loading up in the game. Are my results different from others?

Edited by LazarusLuan

Update:

The new Dragon V2 and its attachable engines and parachute system are completed and I'm making the texture reduced versions right now for upload on Curse and my server later tonight. I have redone the SpaceX Launch packs to replace the Dragon 2 with the new Dragon V2. For those who are using my original Dragon 2 for their current builds/scenarios or simply want to use it in addition to the Dragon V2, I will also make available the first version of my SpaceX Historical pack.

I downloaded Dragon v2 and it looks great but I haven't been able to properly fly it because as soon as I get to the launchpad the trunk decouples automatically and continues to repeatedly play the decoupling sound and give off that little puff of smoke effect. Anyone know how to fix this?

Also, how to I put a docking port under the nose cone?

Edited by Snaps2012

I downloaded Dragon v2 and it looks great but I haven't been able to properly fly it because as soon as I get to the launchpad the trunk decouples automatically and continues to repeatedly play the decoupling sound and give off that little puff of smoke effect. Anyone know how to fix this?

Also, how to I put a docking port under the nose cone?

A few questions:

1: Do you have KSPI?

2: Does the trunk have built-in solar panels?