TT's Mod Releases - Development suspended till further notice

TouhouTorpedo

UPDATE!

Pitch Vector Engine mod has been updated! and is now the first VTOL / Shuttle Engine mod with JOYSTICK SUPPORT. You can fly your advanced VTOL's and Shuttles using Joystick or action groups, but the action group keys selected will act like REGULAR INGAME KEYS! so holding pitch up or down action group will continue to move the part while held for instance. There is still 3 memory slots to use. And the set angle and Joystick inputs also mix. You can fly just fine using one or the other, or fly even better if you master both together ;)

there is also now a Jet Engine inspired by the Harrier's Pegasus engine and a stock (appart from this mod) craft included for experimenting with!

lJBGD9P.png

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/pitch-vector-engine/

if you are offline, the spaceport page will show the old image. Because it's spaceport.

UPDATE!

Pitch Vector Engine mod has been updated! and is now the first VTOL / Shuttle Engine mod with JOYSTICK SUPPORT. You can fly your advanced VTOL's and Shuttles using Joystick or action groups, but the action group keys selected will act like REGULAR INGAME KEYS! so holding pitch up or down action group will continue to move the part while held for instance. There is still 3 memory slots to use. And the set angle and Joystick inputs also mix. You can fly just fine using one or the other, or fly even better if you master both together ;)

there is also now a Jet Engine inspired by the Harrier's Pegasus engine and a stock (appart from this mod) craft included for experimenting with!

lJBGD9P.png

if you are offline, the spaceport page will show the old image. Because it's spaceport.

Thank you TT, Downloading now. Im working on a space shuttle right now. so this will come in perfect timing.

UPDATE!

lJBGD9P.png

Greate, now VTOLs can take off in style, instead of the danger incurred using B9 VTOL engines. Once I have added gimbal support to my thrust balancing mod this should work with it without any adjustments (currently the engines would need to be tilted away from each other slightly), though the gimbal range on these engines might need to be increased slightly.

I'm curious to know if joystick control includes Linux? Does it use the normal Unity joystick controls, or is it something else?

It should do. The Plugin reads from KSP's joystick axis definition ingame. So if you can get a joystick to work for anything else in KSP, then it will work for this.

I was wondering what I can do to help get the TT-MK4 parts working with 0.20 and the upcoming 0.21? I tried putting the Parts directory inside a folder in GameData but nothing showed up in the VAB. Is there a howto somewhere that details what has changed between 0.18 and 0.20 with regards to part .cfg files?

I was wondering what I can do to help get the TT-MK4 parts working with 0.20 and the upcoming 0.21? I tried putting the Parts directory inside a folder in GameData but nothing showed up in the VAB. Is there a howto somewhere that details what has changed between 0.18 and 0.20 with regards to part .cfg files?

TT's mods still use the original folder layout, NOT the new one based on GameData. IIRC, it's because a plugin he's relying on for some of his stuff doesn't accommodate it either.

Its no reason so complex as that. All my current mods are only dependant of plugins I've written, which work fine in both. Its mainly a cross between being slightly lazy (because this set up works fine for me in testing, I didn't beleive it would cause anyone problems if other mods out there may still run the old system too, and heck it says in many places (check install tabs in spaceport, not that anyone does) to put it in the main folder!) and that at the time, I really didn't see any advantage to moving to the new system for my mods. Because of the heirarchy being neccesary in the Multiwheels files, adding model and textures in the cfg isn't realistically viable (so it isn't going to save much RAM at all except in single texture models where the textures could be duped).

Ultimately, the mod works fine in 0.20 as long as the install instructions are followed (install it like you would a pre 0.20 mod). And I see no reason as yet why any of them wouldn't run in 0.21 either, but we'll see on that one.

Its no reason so complex as that. All my current mods are only dependant of plugins I've written, which work fine in both. Its mainly a cross between being slightly lazy (because this set up works fine for me in testing, I didn't beleive it would cause anyone problems if other mods out there may still run the old system too, and heck it says in many places (check install tabs in spaceport, not that anyone does) to put it in the main folder!) and that at the time, I really didn't see any advantage to moving to the new system for my mods. Because of the heirarchy being neccesary in the Multiwheels files, adding model and textures in the cfg isn't realistically viable (so it isn't going to save much RAM at all except in single texture models where the textures could be duped).

Ultimately, the mod works fine in 0.20 as long as the install instructions are followed (install it like you would a pre 0.20 mod). And I see no reason as yet why any of them wouldn't run in 0.21 either, but we'll see on that one.

Ahh...

Well one thing that it does break compatibility with is the Kerbal Mod Manager, which apparently doesn't look in more than one place for mods. It's seeing everything in GameData, but nothing from multi-wheels or the other mod installed in the default location. Other than that your mods do indeed "play well with others" in the game itself.

Ahh...

Well one thing that it does break compatibility with is the Kerbal Mod Manager, which apparently doesn't look in more than one place for mods. It's seeing everything in GameData, but nothing from multi-wheels or the other mod installed in the default location. Other than that your mods do indeed "play well with others" in the game itself.

The only thing I'd say on that is a lot of Legacy mods come with folder prefixes, and if you've got the zip file, I don't see why Kerbal Mod Manager should not have a way to be able to work out how to install Legacy mods and keep track of them. Or for that matter, just stick them in game data and fiddle the CFG.

I'd call that a compatability problem with Kerbal Mod Manager than a problem with mine personally, as from my programming experience I cannot see it being hard to add this compatability. (Mine can't be the only Legacy mod I'm sure, but I don't really run that many to know what other mods do)

Regardless yeah I'll look into it in the future for a major update whenever that is, but the mod manager guy should consider making his system back compatible imo.

Far as a Tutorial goes I'll think about doing one, but if anyone else wants to I'm fine with that. I've been accumulating footage to do a video for a while, but wasn't aiming for a tutorial - i could just think about doing that seperate.

How do I get the white wheel fenders like those in your Avatar?

Heres a pic of one of my creations. This vehicle is specifically designed to be able to drive into the B9 HL Cargo bay and tail section.

qPbidiv.png

How do I get the white wheel fenders like those in your Avatar?

Heres a pic of one of my creations. This vehicle is specifically designed to be able to drive into the B9 HL Cargo bay and tail section.

Very nice truck you have there! Reminds me at some point I need to make a single wheel driven axle without steering. (though, its quite easy to make your own by fiddling with the CFG of the steered truckwheels)

The Fenders should be in Utility tab along with the wheels.

oh wait now I see what you're asking, derp I hadn't looked at my avatar in so long.

Those are from Modular Wheels 0.4 Legacy, and aren't compatible with KSP 0.20. Its not impossible to bring them forward, but they were based off assets that weren't mine (some of model and texture were made by tosh, reused and released with permission) But I still felt arkward using them for a few reasons. Once 0.5 came out, I had enough new wheels, features, fixes and changes to how the wheels worked (which would break compatability with 0.4 multiwheels craft) that I felt it'd be acceptable to remove them from the pack.

Edited by TouhouTorpedo

That looks....realisitc.

Nice work.

Thank you.

Very nice truck you have there! Reminds me at some point I need to make a single wheel driven axle without steering. (though, its quite easy to make your own by fiddling with the CFG of the steered truckwheels)

The Fenders should be in Utility tab along with the wheels.

oh wait now I see what you're asking, derp I hadn't looked at my avatar in so long.

Those are from Modular Wheels 0.4 Legacy, and aren't compatible with KSP 0.20. Its not impossible to bring them forward, but they were based off assets that weren't mine (some of model and texture were made by tosh, reused and released with permission) But I still felt arkward using them for a few reasons. Once 0.5 came out, I had enough new wheels, features, fixes and changes to how the wheels worked (which would break compatability with 0.4 multiwheels craft) that I felt it'd be acceptable to remove them from the pack.

Would it be as simple as me editing the model000.png file to change the fender color? If so would all I need to change is the 2 rectangularish pieces at the top right of the .png?

InW23Tp.png

Oh, you only want a colour change? Sure just change model000.png. The top right area of the texture is the fenders. If I remember right I think it shows two fender textures there, for dual fender wheels. But yeah just use something like GIMP (free!) select that area, copy into a new layer and use colorize or the brightness contrast option to change the colours to whatever you like.

Honestly I did it on purpose with the hope people might do some neat recolours, so please go ahead.

SUCCESS!!

tVHDxsEh.jpg

Heres a scene I put together featuring many TT parts. Getting the GRR SOB CL ready for its next mission:

http://imgur.com/a/UVi8F

Is it possible to have different texture files in one part folder in order to reduce the duplication of parts when creating new skins? What I did to create the white fenders is copy/rename the TTtruckwheel_ms and TTtruckwheel_s folders, replaced the model000.png file with my edit and edited the part.cfg to give them unique names.

Edited by Gristle

TT would you be able to make a small tail for the MK4, i cannot get anything to work well with it. ive been putting a clamp from B9 on there. but just a simple small tail would be great.

MK4 comes with three end capping parts, a tail with door, a MK3 adapter and MK4 cargo door. So its got all it needs far as I can tell. I don't know what you're asking for. The end of the tail with a door is small, imo. Any smaller and you're asking for pancake flat one, and the bigger cargo door does that.

Theres also a MK4 Development Kit available if you want to try your hand at your own MK4 compatible design.

Edit : Gristle, thats some absolutely lovely work there. I love how the vehicles are all well varied yet still hold a similar style.

Honestly you've given the first interesting reason I've had to want to upgrade to the new file system so things like that are easier to do. (so until new file system compatible there isn't a way that doesn't involve copying folders yet, unless you convert it all to gamedata manually) Prior to this I've only known one person to do custom textures on their parts, but that was before the new system.

I'll try to remember to set it up to new system soon when I've got some content to add.

Edited by TouhouTorpedo

Edit : Gristle, thats some absolutely lovely work there. I love how the vehicles are all well varied yet still hold a similar style.

Honestly you've given the first interesting reason I've had to want to upgrade to the new file system so things like that are easier to do. (so until new file system compatible there isn't a way that doesn't involve copying folders yet, unless you convert it all to gamedata manually) Prior to this I've only known one person to do custom textures on their parts, but that was before the new system.

I'll try to remember to set it up to new system soon when I've got some content to add.

Thanks TT. I was going to just post some pics of the fenders and realized just how important your parts pack is to my KSP enjoyment. Those pics feature your Wheels, Pitch Vector, and MK3 parts. Every vehicle has several TT parts in its build. After having looked in the texture file I'm intrigued by what you planned on doing with the lights in there as the current Wheels pack doesn't seem to utilize them.

Heres a pic of some of the MK4 parts in a test flight. The plan is to dock this to a space station and use it as a space hanger for small work vessels and such.

XX7l2Xo.jpg

Edited by Gristle

TT

I would like to try the kit for sure. what im talking about is the very end of the rear cargo door section. like on my cargo plane. the very end tip is what im referring to

eIgQkzG.jpg

Edited by viperwolf

So, working on some vehicle chassis for use with TT wheels.

This is the first, the body is not done, but I put it ingame for testing. Odd thing...it seems none of the carwheels are working.

wpBrmaY.png

I have tried fuel lines, even the chassis has fuel in it, everything is crossfeed capable.

Please someone see whatever it is Im overlooking!!! I needs to go hotroddin!!

So, working on some vehicle chassis for use with TT wheels.

This is the first, the body is not done, but I put it ingame for testing. Odd thing...it seems none of the carwheels are working.

wpBrmaY.png

I have tried fuel lines, even the chassis has fuel in it, everything is crossfeed capable.

Please someone see whatever it is Im overlooking!!! I needs to go hotroddin!!

Have you tried fuel lines to the engines themselves from a LiquidFuel tank? You can set up a more complex fuel line (jumping between struts for instance) but try it simple first.

Also I like the little radiator!

I was gonna send ya one when I get the body on there.

This is what I was modeling off of. Trying to keep the hotrod feel but kerbalize it a bit

k66c6Ce.jpg

ive tried fuel lines into the chassis, and directly into engines. still nothing, odd thing is i still have turnability, so plugin is working right ya.

EDIT: just tred a little test rover, still no-go on the wheels....gonna try to reinstall.

Any known conflicts with other mods I may have missed?

Edited by KhaosCorp

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.