Bullies On KLF,Having Severe Depression,what should I do?

BigBoy734

I get bullied everywhere,School,Hockey,now on ksp? I don't think I can take it much longer.

I've had depression since I was bullied,2 or 3 years ago. I also get punched,More than bullying,its like attempted murder

Im trying to hold it in,but I can't. Its really just,im a target,its like my life was made up just to be like this.

The bullies don't get in trouble,but I do. Either im a target,or im just dead meat.

Please,tell me what to do.

P.S: The bullies on KLF are:

Dirt_Merchant

cheeselover227

waffleking25(maybe)

FyreM (maybe).

I just wanted to play with them,next thing I know,they call me a kid,please, help me.

Proof:

HH838Cr.png

aGTKDOW.png

All the pics I got and could get,it was much worse before.

Edited by BigBoy734

If I was in their position I would make life hard for them. Real life bullies, if you attack them, they would never annoy you again. In KLF, don't go on the same server and they will find someone else.

But then again, I find bullying fun. It gives me a target to harrass and DDoS (And I can DDoS for you if you want).

EDIT: The hockey stick would be a great tool to use to strike back if the bullies get you.

I know this could sound really cliche, but one thing you can do, well at least on ksp, is ignore them. You cannot be appreciated by everyone, sadly :/ Are they worth it? You don't know them, don't let them put you down, find someone else to play with :)

Talking about that, we could play together sometimes, I don't have any friend that appreciate KSP, so I always play alone

Edit : I would not listen to ROFLCopter64bit, you will just get more trouble from authorities and they will certainly want to take some revenge. Like I said, the best thing to do is learn to not be touched by them, or at least trying to not show it in front of them (They will stop, one day, if you don't react). I know it is really hard to accomplish, though :/ Start doing it in KSP, it should be easier since they can't see how you feel except if you want to (By writting, if you don't talk, they can not know)

Edited by Moustachauve

From your images it didn't seem like they were bullying you, you appeared to be attention seeking. They were talking about the game and you were talking about stabbing yourself in the head(!).

Stop being a victim and making yourself an easy target.

From your images it didn't seem like they were bullying you, you appeared to be attention seeking. They were talking about the game and you were talking about stabbing yourself in the head(!).

Stop being a victim and making yourself an easy target.

You didn't know before the pics..

Still, why couldn't you have just ignored them instead of playing along with it and giving them more ammo? The only person who looks bad in those screenshots is you for 'threatening' to stab yourself in the head.

You are acting like a little kid. Grow up and stop making yourself a target.

On your pictures it really looks like they where just talking about KSP whereas you are telling them that you would commit suicide. It looks more like a selfmade problem to me.

Edit: I haven't tried KLF myself yet. Maybe we too could play together someday?

Edited by Canopus

I'm sorry about your depression and I know it can be a problem but I think you need to learn how to handle things a bit better. From those images, all I see them saying is "like a kid" and "Maybe he is only a child" and the rest of the time they're just trying to play the game. I mean if you're threatening to KILL yourself because you were called a kid I can't imagine how you'd react to serious bullying, and yet it seems you have experienced serious bullying as well as you mentioned up the top. I'd like to see what was said leading up to that, but as far as I can see, they say the tiniest thing and then you go on about stabbing yourself in the head in a VLOG. It all sounds like a severe overreaction and honestly childish, and it doesn't seem all that surprising to hear them say "maybe he is only a child". They obviously didn't see it as a serious threat of killing yourself and we can see it wasn't. Seriously, I don't see a lot of malice coming from them, just irritation at your antics, it just seems like you're trying to get attention and sympathy for your condition in an innapropriate context, and while I can understand that it is hard going through depression (I have been through it but not to the point where I was seriously considering suicide), bringing it into a game with strangers is completely inappropriate. You need to get some therapy, that is a healthy way to deal with depression, and while it won't solve your problems right away or anything it will certainly help you cope a bit better.

Even if their intentions were actually simply cruel and malicious without basis. What you did still isn't going to help.

I'm just being real here, if I were talking with you as a stranger and you said something I found unpleasant like "What you just said was really dumb. Makes no sense at all." and then I pulled out a pocketknife and threatened to slit my throat, would you think I was the kind of person you'd enjoy talking too? Sometimes people insult people and they don't mean anything particularly serious by it and even if they do, reacting to it in such an extreme way is not the way to deal with it. Ignore it and if they meant it they'll not get the reaction they want and if they didn't mean to hurt you then there's no harm done. If they keep it up, you can ask them to stop, but don't be crazy and reactionary about it, just explain why you have a problem with what they're doing. If they still refuse to treat with you with a basic level of respect, just don't talk to them. Go off and talk to someone else (if it's online this is easy) or do something else.

I know I probably seemed harsh here, but just trust me that I am not trying to attack you, I'm trying to give you advice without sugarcoating it or absolving you of all responsibility for your actions. The way you were behaving was very provocative and is seriously not a good way to prevent bullying.

Edited by Kerbface

I too was bullied, up until half-way through highschool. The easiest solution is just to ignore them, however if they persist tell them they have a choice of who to deal with: Skunky, or me. And they do NOT want the later.

I agree with Astropapi when he said:

Get help, NOW. A couple of months ago I was depressed, but now I'm getting over it because I talked to people about it.

Don't make yourself a victim. Don't tell potential bullies you're depressed or you'll regreet it.

Get help for the bullying and for your depression, don't keep it up inside, tell people.

If you are feeling anxious there is a breathing exercise that i use that helps me stay calm, i know it sounds silly but it helps, sit down in a chair, rest your hands on your legs, keep a straight back and take a deep breath in for three seconds, hold it in for a further three seconds, finally breath out again for another three seconds but as if you were blowing smoke out, do that a few times and it should have a calming effect.

Seriously though tell people, your parents, your teachers, and be clear, don't beat around the bush, just tell them straight-up what is happening and how you feel.

Edited by Custard Donut (In Space)

I happen to suffer from depression myself.

I fully agree with Custard Donut.

It helps to talk to those you know and trust.

I saw a therapist myself when in my early to late teens, even been in group therapy with others that suffered from depression and anxiety issues. It greatly helped to be around others with similar issues, to know that I was not alone in my struggles.

I also learned the same basic breathing exercise to help calm down and relax (breath in through the mouth, hold for 3 seconds, exhale through the nose, and to 'think' along of the lines of 'in with the good, out with the bad').

I also learned to channel my artistic and creative energies as a method of coping with issues and helping to deal with things when feeling down. To do writing and doodling to painting ceramic figures help focus my feelings in a more constructive manner. To be positive, and as silly as it sounds, to think 'happy thoughts' when life gets you down.

As one saying goes, when life gives you lemons, make lemonade.

I used to have problems with a bully when I grew up, and unfortunately the main path I walked home on originally went by his home. I came to ignore him and he luckily left me alone, and I started to take an alternate route home to be on the safe side (think Knight in chess, two options to get to the same destination, just made my turn before I went his house, instead of after).

I guess he was one in it just for the kicks, and he probably lost interest because I was not feeding whatever sort of attention they were looking for. Either that, or someone in his family saw his behavior of him bullying a kid 'passing by' outside of his own house, and his family dealt with the issue themselves.

Whatever the final cause, he stopped bothering me.

Interestingly enough, my dad was a WWII vet, and I think his advice was to either ignore a bully, or to not give into fear and stand up to a bully. As stated before, I went with the ignore the bully option.

A saying I cobbled together from a few movie quotes at a time I was dealing with severe depression.

Never give up, never loose hope, never surrender. The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.

I found the best way to deal with bullies was to join them. Not in bullying others, but in laughing. After all, being able to laugh at yourself is an important life skill! So when someone calls you names and starts laughing, laugh with them. Eventually it starts actually being funny. It also helps to not come across as attention seeking. You didn't intend to sound that way, but that's how it sounded to them. Instead of "im depressed thats not helping" try "thats mean." It accomplishes the same thing without making you sound like you're trying to emotionally blackmail them. You don't know those guys, right? This is the internet. They don't know or care about your problems, and the guy was right about one thing: everyone has problems. Your problems aren't their business, so why put yourself out on a limb like that? In some settings, the internet can be a great place to talk about your problems... but KLF isn't one of them.

That being said, you need to get help for depression. That's no joke. I've been fortunate enough that my brushes with depression have been relatively mild and eventually went away on their own, but they gave me enough of a glimpse to know that it isn't something to be messed around with. Intellectually, I knew I wasn't really depressed enough to stay that way for long. But emotionally I was terrified that I would get stuck that way and maybe eventually do something I wouldn't get a chance to regret. So I spoke to my GI CNP (Not even close to her field), and just the act of talking about it with a professional I trusted was very reassuring. I was still scared, but not as much, and it felt like I'd had this tension in my chest that just suddenly got much better. Like when you're on the verge of tears, and then you have a good cry, and suddenly you realize you feel better. Except I didn't have to cry, which is always good for one's self image!

So go to someone you trust. A doctor, a nurse, a counselor, a teacher, a parent, an aunt/uncle... anyone. Doesn't have to be a professional, but I found that extra analytical skill and level of authority comforting (It also helped get the conversation moving, since she had to ask me questions about that sort of thing anyway). I KNEW my CNP would find something to help me. She already had dozens of times with other of my pesky problems. Find someone like that and talk. Set aside a decent chunk of time, and just start talking. If you can't find someone like that, try this site. I visit the Crohn's board for my own problems when I need to vent and my parents aren't available or are feeling miserable themselves.

Edited by loppnessmonsta

Real-life bullying is something that's hard to get out of, but I don't get why people accept to be victims to online bullying when all it takes is to switch off the computer.

You choose to stay online and to put up with it. You can also choose to switch it off and go and do something else. Go for a walk, watch TV, read a book, or play offline, whatever...

Using threats to off yourself as a weapon to hurt others and to make them feel guilty is the last thing to do. It's emotional blackmail and will certainly not make you any friends. You will only appear as self-centered and manipulative. If you did go forward, it would only hurt the people you love and yourself by depriving you of a future that will always be brighter than any tough times you might be living now. **** only gets better.

Also, giving out any personal info whatsoever on the Internet is a big no no, especially if you are vulnerable and the people are hostile. If you have been diagnosed with depression, then you must be getting some kind of medication and seeing a therapist. Talk to them about your problems. Depression is a medical condition and the last place you should be looking for help is on the Internet.

If you are not seeing a doctor, see one now.

Edited by Nibb31

Man, there are so many people on this forum that apparently attempted suicide! I mean i was also very depressed from time to time but i always think about all the good things in life that are worth living it.

If you're depressed the only thing you should do is seek professional help. That and take up some sort of exercise, as it's been proven to help with your mental state. If people bully you tell them to stop and if they don't move on. There's nothing we can do about this.

Even though people mean well I think I'll lock this thread as none of us can offer professional support.