Flight Of The Phoenix

I watched this epic movie called Flight of the Phoenix a couple of days ago, and the intro plane design really sparked off my creative juices.

I have decided to recreate the Fairchild C-119 Flying Boxcar and the C-82 Packet from the original movie.

The Flying Boxcar:

C-119%28021001-O-9999G-016%29.jpg

More updates as they come.

I\'ll try not to recreate the Phoenix\'s appalling flight status.

THIS IS A COMMUNITY BUILD. NOT ALL THE UPLOADED PLANES WILL BE BY ME.

Boxcar by: Damonjay

Packet by: Me, so far...

//Updates//

[update 1]Initial release. A quick-and-dirty rendition of the Flying Boxcar. Needs the C7 Pack 2.0 and 0.11X4. Once it runs out of RCS fuel, prepare to suffer a dramatic crash most of the time. It seems to retain the horrible service record. Also, it has been converted to a hazardous semi-VTOL.

[update 1.5]Quick update that removed landing capabilities, added rudders, and removed RCS and Advanced SAS. Seems more flyable now. slightly more sensitive.

[update 2]Used Damonjay\'s updated plane as the Boxcar. Changed mine to the Packet.

your box Car needs larger wings. :P

Edit: Carol I have taken your Design and made it a little more fly-able. i hope you don\'t mind. i will upload it when i get time.

Edit2: Uploaded it :) what do you think.

I tried landing it before (it is possible) except it was in the flight of the Phoenix fashion. a lot of broken Bits and scraping on the floor (everyone Survived)

your box Car needs larger wings. :P

Edit: Carol I have taken your Design and made it a little more fly-able. i hope you don\'t mind. i will upload it when i get time.

Edit2: Uploaded it :) what do you think.

I tried landing it before (it is possible) except it was in the flight of the Phoenix fashion. a lot of broken Bits and scraping on the floor (everyone Survived)

It seems to be more fitting. I\'ll put it on the OP, and change mine to the C-82 Packet from the original movie.

• 1 month later...

The ASAS has changed size.

and struts now have a shorter range.

The BoxCar Had struts holding the tail wing in place and without these struts it allows the tailwing to wobble and collide with its self

(maybe missing was the wrong word)

Um...I know it\'s not my place, but I\'ve taken the liberty in creating a Silisko Edition version of the C-119, so this should help solve the problem (Note: Still requires modmixing with C7)

c119boxcarsilisko.gif

Note: I added some struts to minimize wiggling, but the craft is still prone to falling apart to some degree

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.