My Lander/Rover

This is the Valkyrie rocket.

8774053145_3073439007.jpg

And this is it without the initial booster stage (The boosters drop back down to Kerbin)

8774006635_07168d7bd9_z.jpg

Drop the final booster and head to the Mun! (You can see the rover hanging underneath)

8774006575_04012297c7.jpg

Smile for the camera!

8774006475_cba36cc259.jpg

Perfect landing

8780572230_57aea562ef.jpg

Drop and test the rover

8780571726_94ab8a50b3.jpg

Time to play!

8780571644_785d79901f.jpg

Recharging with Kerbals hanging around (can carry 6 Kerbals)

8780618410_a3e09b8194.jpg

Chillin'

8780618042_01f23f6a33.jpg

Yes, it's also actually my first rocket (although not my first flight) with some alterations. I don't do maths and rely instead on brute force ;)

The top part of the landing module can detatch from the main body, it never has enough fuel to return to Kerbin though, I think I can make the rocket more efficient though as I carry a lot of empty tanks up.

I'm trying to build a Mun community but the landing sites are always so far apart, when I try to relocate I usually crash and die.

Haha! Brute force is the fun of this game.

With that upper tank you should be abo to get back to kerbing with ease if it was full.. Try adding a middle stage with a nuke engine to do your transfer from kerbin to the Mun, Its more efficient than other rockets.

For the rest, I think that design doesnt look bad at all. Add decouplers to jettison the radial attacked boosters and give aspargus staging a try!

Might try the Nuke engine, never used one before. It is asparagus'd, you can't tell from the pics but it starts off with 6 huge radial tanks.

The original design was for an SSTO, it worked fine until I added the rover and the living capsule, then the weight became too much.

Thanks for your comments :)

I'm trying to build a Mun community but the landing sites are always so far apart, when I try to relocate I usually crash and die.

What do you mean with this? You cant land on the same spot two times?

Here is what you need to do.

During launch, always keep the same angle, +90 for example. During transfer, also the same, SAS can help wonders here.

This is to get the most horizontal orbit you can in the Mun.

Once you get to the SOI of the Mun, dont break to a direct landing. Kill your horizontal speed first and achieve a equatorial orbit around Mun. Once here, you can land wherever you like along that orbit :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.