How did you get your username and avatar?

Rage097

I'll reply in a form similar to Jones-250

Downloaded the game, liked it quite a lot

So here to the forums I come, no I trot

Clicked on a thread, "You need to register" did it warn

so upon that small comment, a new user was born.

Clicked on the link, some thoughts I think

Like "How long will this take" and "I need a drink"

The page finally loads, with it's .php and such

Looking at this page, it requires not too much

Needing a username, a good woody sort of word

If it isn't woody, I might just Flip The Bird

"Fly", yes "Fly", a nice woody start

To my username, "Fly" has now become a part

But alas, this forum requires more than that

I wrote down some woody words and put them into a hat

I pick some and pick some and pick even more

Aha! Yes! "Me" has just walked in the door!

"Fly" and "Me", both woody words on thier own

But when put together, the word "tinny" do I groan

This name needs a woody word to finally outsmart

The tinny word that "Fly", and "Me", are now a part

"To" is a bit tinny, this I know

But to "Flyme" the word "To" is happily sewn

No, it's gotta get woodier than that

I've really got to revise all these words in my hat

"Screw the hat" I yell and then comes a thought

"The", yes, "THE!" THAT'S WOODY, IS IT NOT?

"The" is tacked on, and my name is almost complete,

But "Flymetothe", well, that's a phrase that's not neat.

I start to think about how to end this name

I think and I think, even while I play the game

I open the map screen, and what do I see?

The Word "Mun", ready for exploitation by me!

Mun, being woody is finally added on

My username is complete! The task is now done!

"Flymetothemun", a nice woody sort of name

I have now registered with the forums of this game.

I start to look around, and there's something I see

Pictures, yes pictures, made by them, seen by me!

Looking at profiles, they're named avatars

And it turns out they're about as numerous as stars

"Oh well, i'll do that later" I say

As I comment on threads and go about my day

Please no...I...have a soft spot for poems...I-I.......;_;...beautiful...

Accelerando_%28book_cover%29.jpg

username

early-cutebold.gif

that's a "cutebold," which was invented in response to either the fantasy citybuilding game Dwarf Fortress's kobolds (which at the time of creation had no physical description and so were open to much interpretation) or in response to a the fan-made tileset for the roguelike that depicted kobolds as something like that picture. People thought it was cute and it gained popularity, I guess. I hated how /tg/ characterized them as a species of completely saccharine, sexless, slapstick dullards and drew my own.

6pIFzqr.png

I originally drew inspiration from Captain Slowpoke on the tgchan imageboard and his quest/interactive fiction, Cutebold Slaughter Fest. That was long ago, though.

Well... this was very first e-mail account of mine, years before I could ever dream about such ridiculous thing like continuous Internet link and browsing pages without stopwatch glaring at me.

Avatar is an picture I found 10 years ago, I chosen it because it was simple, appear to be friendly and color seemed good (now few people thought that is related to kerbals :P).

Both things I had long enough, that I just used to them for casual use.

Edited by karolus10

My username is my irc nick, that I picked up somewhat 13 years ago. It's Finnish and translates somewhat "splash", and it's used as a verb to describe an spontaneous and foolish act.

My avatar is gimped from two kerbalized images

I went to a anime art thing, and say a cute little creature called Shacho. After getting SPORE, I made my username Shacho. When making my YouTube channel, it turned out that the username Shacho was taken. So, I named my self after a creature of mine from SPORE, ShachonianX (the X I added in because it sounded cool). I then began a growing trend of naming myself ShachonianX is every website and game I am on.

My avatar is really just my Seal Aerospace flag.

Name: Something I hastily pieced together. "Kalawang" means "rust" in Filipino language, and makes sense for it's been a long while since I have played KSP, thus my skills are considered "rusty" and needs more polishing. Will change my name back to "Flixxbeatz" once more (since my name got reverted again after the forum wipe), the name of my very first account here (and the name of my youtube music channel) which itself is also something I have hastily thrown together.

Avatar: It's one of the enemy vehicles from Metal Slug.

Giridao.gif

(yes, it's supposed to be animated, but I don't know how Chobit and other people here did it... TEACH ME MASTER! :D)

Will revert to my old avatar some time:

1.jpg?v=a3394b

Name: Something I hastily pieced together. "Kalawang" means "rust" in Filipino language, and makes sense for it's been a long while since I have played KSP, thus my skills are considered "rusty" and needs more polishing. Will change my name back to "Flixxbeatz" once more (since my name got reverted again after the forum wipe), the name of my very first account here (and the name of my youtube music channel) which itself is also something I have hastily thrown together.

Avatar: It's one of the enemy vehicles from Metal Slug.

Giridao.gif

(yes, it's supposed to be animated, but I don't know how Chobit and other people here did it... TEACH ME MASTER! :D)

Will revert to my old avatar some time:

1.jpg?v=a3394b

did you use a .gif file i think you have to use a normal movie one (i think)

or you use imgur to host it

cant remember which think it was the imgur one try that first

did you use a .gif file i think you have to use a normal movie one (i think)

or you use imgur to host it

cant remember which think it was the imgur one try that first

Both. It was a .gif file and I've used imgur to host it.

My username is also my IRL nickname, the majority of people know me as Flower or some variation of the same (Mr. Flower, Flo, Petal etc.). The 69 got added when I wanted to use the nickname in my first ever e-mail address.

There will be an avatar at some point, however I need to find the time to make it and work out how to add it to a profile. I only just joined the forum and my posts still get modded, so maybe I need to get approved as a member or something before I can have exciting things like avatars? if not, can someone show me where the instructions are please?

I hope this doesn't mean that my habit of saying that when i've witnessed a WTF event will become popular.

If so, Yay! I started a trend!

Haha, sorry to burst your bubble, but that's my norm of things. I've done it for years on and off, occasionally just saying "well". I do it in my speech, too.

Long story short(ish):

Around three years ago, I was just messing around with Unity3D, making sci-fi stuff with poor scripting, as I had no idea how to code back then, and I needed a name for the space station I built. I eventually decided on "Orbitus 2." As I was messing around, I decided I needed models, so I went onto Turbosquid and used Orbitus2 as my alias. Over time, it grew on me and since then it has become my commonly-used name. I also occasionally use KerbalManiac, but that's just a random name.

As for my (current) avatar, it's concept art for the Puffin Technologies avatars.

Lemme showya something!

My name is a well thought ought name. Allow me to explain!

Bio- This comes from the word Bionicle, the toys by lego I enjoyed while growing up.

Man-I'm a guy

222- I like the number 2. Also, 2/22 was George Washington's birthday, and I'm American.

My avatar is a kerbal colored blue. I should add something about Playstation, but not right now.

Lemme showya something!

My name is a well thought ought name. Allow me to explain!

Bio- This comes from the word Bionicle, the toys by lego I enjoyed while growing up.

Man-I'm a guy

222- I like the number 2. Also, 2/22 was George Washington's birthday, and I'm American.

My avatar is a kerbal colored blue. I should add something about Playstation, but not right now.

Dude, you had bionicles too?

Internet high five!

Name= I literally came up with it out of thin air

Avatar= Well i've gone through 3 of them

kirbyidleanimationbyhex.gifOne of my favorite video game characters, and I wanted it as a avatar, this was back when I first started playing KSP in march 2012.

blitty.gifA cat, cats are cool, and this was my first GIF I made.

lugiaphixr.pnghttp://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Lugia

You like Kirby? :D Kirby Super Star Ultra was one of the first games I ever played. I enjoy playing Kirby games.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.