Dump your insanity here!

Rage097

Cracked just released 3 new interesting articles. Time to go!

Wikipedia is nearly as dangerous. I go to look up one thing and next thing I know I've spent two hours going from article to article.

I was once reading the Wiki about the known universe and I have found myself reading about a certain airliner after half-an-hour. Wth.

True story.

Wait, Warthunder is a MMO?

Craaaap, there goes all my free time.

Are you limited to a single plane though? Or does it let you keep an inventory of craft with customizations and the like from which you can choose what to be operating.

You get to own several planes, yeah. :D It's third-person MMO plane simulator FPS.

Okay, MMOFPS with a 32 person per map limit.

So this'll handle similarly to TF2, with a closed field full of people all shooting at me.

...yeah I think I can safely do this, FPS type games quickly become repetitive and thus don't eat up all my available time.

They did that a lot with obsolete planes by the USSR during the start of WW2 such as the Su-2 or the I-16. It would work if the plane is fataly damaged or the pilot is dying, ran out of ammunition or feeling suicidal.

Edited by LeonG17

I remember hearing about a lot of Zeros doing it as well. They'd run their A6M2 down to the very bottom of its supplies, set it on a collision course with the controls lashed, and then bail out.

I remember hearing about a lot of Zeros doing it as well. They'd run their A6M2 down to the very bottom of its supplies, set it on a collision course with the controls lashed, and then bail out.

Yes, the Kamikaze attacks, meaning "Divine wind". They used multiple obsolete aircraft, not just the Zeros/Reisen. They used their old dive bombers-the "Val" and torpedo bombers "Kate". They would load up all the craft with bombs/torpedos and set a collision course to the enemy ship. But they didn't bail out, they stayed in and died when it impacted the ship.

Japanese kamikaze pilots who bailed out were exceedingly rare, bot because of the recruitment policy, which specifically targeted people believed to be both suicidal and loyal, and because of the Japanese tradition of "honour unto death", to never surrender or show fear, basically. The ones who bailed out would face dishonour in Japan, which was very serious, or be captured by the enemy and put in POW camps.

Didn't know there ever was a manned V1. They only ever flew unmanned, designed to fly at a target and explode on impact. Later fighter pilots defending against them would learn that they could upset the flight dynamics of the V1 by flying wingtip to wingtip with it, using their slipstream to stall the V1's wing and send it reeling out of control.

They must of really hated their pilots to make that. They had to make the pilots to fly it sign a waiver that they accepted flying it was suicide, as the survival chance was less than 1%

Edit: Or use weapons. The first British jet kill was a V-1 flying bomb which was destabilised by using the wing tip to send the V-1 into a dive.

They must of really hated their pilots to make that. They had to make the pilots to fly it sign a waiver that they accepted flying it was suicide, as the survival chance was less than 1%
It was cancelled by the Germans themselves and never used.

You've got that from Cracked didn't you? :D

It was cancelled by the Germans themselves and never used.

They found other ways to kill their pilots. They had the BA 349, a rocket powered plane which you had to open the front of the plane to get out during a fast dive or the He 163 which was insanely complicated but they expected novice pilots to fly plus the glue used to hold the wood in it, yes, its a wooden jet, was acidic and dissolved the wood.

To be fair, a fighter jet isn't likely to survive all that long in a war in the first place. As long as the glue holds together longer than it takes for the enemy to blow it up, it doesn't really matter if the wood needed to be replaced every now and then.