Dump your insanity here!

Rage097

They found other ways to kill their pilots. They had the BA 349, a rocket powered plane which you had to open the front of the plane to get out during a fast dive or the He 163 which was insanely complicated but they expected novice pilots to fly plus the glue used to hold the wood in it, yes, its a wooden jet, was acidic and dissolved the wood.
The difference between the Japanese and the Germans was that our pilots should survive and that the Japanese knew that they were going to be killed.

To be fair, a fighter jet isn't likely to survive all that long in a war in the first place. As long as the glue holds together longer than it takes for the enemy to blow it up, it doesn't really matter if the wood needed to be replaced every now and then.

True, the early jets were lost mainly through accidents. The Me 262 engines lasted for 30 hours and you had to be really sensitive with the throttle otherwise it would cut out.

Edit: Its the different philosophies of Japan and Germany for that. The Zero/Reisen was so agile as it sacrificed all pilot protection as they were in their till they died.

Nobody ever wants to sacrifice me. Now I have abandonment issues, I guess.

The Sacrificial Committee of Jeb's Most Highness Liquifying SRB Monster Booster Temple of Jebediah in The Highest has decided to sacrifice you instead.

How is it impractical? I have multiple placed across the globe to detonate upon a whim. They can spit the world apart and sacrifice everyone. Also, Tvtropes?

I'd rather sacrifice people one at a time.