Portal

Kopykat99

I think most of us is familiar with story of the portal games but sometimes an questions pop up like WHY did aperture science had NEUROTOXIN system and what happened before portal 1 so anybody who can redirect me somewhere or answer theese would be welcome

Much LOLs Kopykat99

I think part of what makes the Portal series so compelling is how little story they actually tell. Some information can be gleaned from some of the surroundings in the games as well as some of the test chambers later on in Portal 2. As far as the history of GLaDOS and the like are concerned, though, i seem to remember the Lab Rat comic being particularly enlightening.

The question to ask isn't why they had a neurotoxin spray installed throughout the facility, but why it was still connected to their emerging AI despite how it had made several attempts to kill the staff already.

The answer is, it isn't science. It's APERTURE science! What other company would devote themselves to making edible gel out of moonrocks. To try and make diet food by applying bouncy gel to it? To try and develop a shower curtain and end up with a portable quantum tunnelling device? To build a vast, fully automated, fully configurable testing facility, on stilts? To let their CEO publicly rant about combustible lemons?

The question to ask isn't why they had a neurotoxin spray installed throughout the facility, but why it was still connected to their emerging AI despite how it had made several attempts to kill the staff already.

GLaDOS said it was for science, and Aperture Science doing anything for science made them install it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.