0.20 Is here!!!

SkyHook

anyone else getting wobble of doom?

i have a stable setup that will launch just fine but ONLY when clicking launch while in VAB. if i try to restart the flight 100% of the time itll wobble to death.

its even present on the Kerbal X (stock) albeit it doesnt kill the rocket. my rocket has 7 mainsails on the bottom and orange tanks and isnt able to handle it..... except on the first launch.

had newest mechjeb installed, had the part off for the tests. and even saw the behavior on the stock rocket. 100% reproducible.

This seems to be associated with the update, anyone else experience it? Around 16,000 m or so (give or take) the camera no longer focuses on my pod. it sort of lags behind the rocket. it lags even further behind at a higher altitude. not until I return to space center and then return to the rocket will the camera be fixed again. I noticed it happens too when landing on a planet with an atmosphere... again the camera will sort of "fall behind" my ship, to the point where I can't even see if my damn landing gears are down.

Any ideas? Awesome update other than that, I'm loving it. especially the larger docking ports. very secure.

Maybe I just need to piece my ship back together, but has anyone else had their stability enhancers come back to bite their arse in the new version?

I'll be 2 minutes into a launch around 12km, and BOOM, the towers start flashing around my rocket as soon as the SRBs they were connected to hit the ground, then collide with my engines.

hkFCszc.png

Maybe I just need to piece my ship back together, but has anyone else had their stability enhancers come back to bite their arse in the new version?

I'll be 2 minutes into a launch around 12km, and BOOM, the towers start flashing around my rocket as soon as the SRBs they were connected to hit the ground, then collide with my engines.

hkFCszc.png

I haven't seen anything odd like that (yet), but I'm not exactly clear on the problem you're having here. What do you mean by "the towers around my rocket"? Your in-flight ship at 12km is being struck by parts that collided with the ground? Just how big IS that ship anyway? LOL

Im laughing, just laughing. On my pc (i5 2500k, radeon 6870, 8gb ddr3, ssd) i have lags in... MENU. When I tested craft build from 4 parts I had 20-30 fps. U call it "PATCH"? Its bull****. I was waiting 2 months (or more?) for few new parts and huge number of bugs. Im really disappointed.

I haven't seen anything odd like that (yet), but I'm not exactly clear on the problem you're having here. What do you mean by "the towers around my rocket"? Your in-flight ship at 12km is being struck by parts that collided with the ground? Just how big IS that ship anyway? LOL

It ain't 12km tall! It's the stability towers, they start flashing around the rocket like they are still attached, even after being left stages behind and back attached to the ground. It seems to be when the parts they were attached to reach the ground and explode, they get reattached to the ship.

I think I just need to rebuild the lower stages with the new version, after re-attaching just the SRBs, it got better, they still glitched in while my lower fuel tank was attached, but they seem to go away when I separate that entire section.

Im laughing, just laughing. On my pc (i5 2500k, radeon 6870, 8gb ddr3, ssd) i have lags in... MENU. When I tested craft build from 4 parts I had 20-30 fps. U call it "PATCH"? Its bull****. I was waiting 2 months (or more?) for few new parts and huge number of bugs. Im really disappointed.

I can understand that one would be frustrated at lag introduced by an update. However, could you please try to use more constructive language when posting in the future. Posts of this nature do no good for anyone.

You got other problems going on then. You're making the immediate assumption that the problem is with the game update but there are tons of posts that contradict that assumption, as well as tons of posts from people who simply copied over their mods and proceed to bash the game itself for bad performance.

Do you have any mods installed that haven't been explicitly updated for .20? Hit Alt-F2 and look at the logs. Are you seeing errors happening there? Come on man, there are tons of us here that would help if we could, but you gotta give us something to go on too. :)

It ain't 12km tall! It's the stability towers, they start flashing around the rocket like they are still attached, even after being left stages behind and back attached to the ground. It seems to be when the parts they were attached to reach the ground and explode, they get reattached to the ship.

I think I just need to rebuild the lower stages with the new version, after re-attaching just the SRBs, it got better, they still glitched in while my lower fuel tank was attached, but they seem to go away when I separate that entire section.

I have that exact same problem (along with the aforementioned problem of the camera failing to follow my pod). not sure if it's one of the mods I have installed, has this been happening on a stock ship as well?

It seems your are using an old version of a romfarer plugin.

Get the latest version from spaceport ;)

I got similar problem, between 400Om and 6000m, my ship encountered its 6 stability launchers and was exploded by them.

The only way to avoid it is to take off without stability launcher, which quite difficult. I succeeded with a ship standing alone on its 5 Griffon rocketry engines...

I got similar problem, between 400Om and 6000m, my ship encountered its 6 stability launchers and was exploded by them.

The only way to avoid it is to take off without stability launcher, which quite difficult. I succeeded with a ship standing alone on its 5 Griffon rocketry engines...

Pretty sure that voids the manufacturer's warranty on those engines, but then again, I'm also pretty sure Jeb isn't the slightest bit concerned with paltry insignificant things like warranties. :D

quick question guys... anyone else experiencing problems with modded parts not fitting together properly? the kosmos space station parts and Jool V rocket parts for example, the attachment points kind of go inside one another. is this related to the update? kind of new to modding, sorry for the noob questions.

I have that exact same problem (along with the aforementioned problem of the camera failing to follow my pod). not sure if it's one of the mods I have installed, has this been happening on a stock ship as well?

I actually don't have any mods at all. I re-attached most of the lower stages and that seemed to clear it up.

quick question guys... anyone else experiencing problems with modded parts not fitting together properly? the kosmos space station parts and Jool V rocket parts for example, the attachment points kind of go inside one another. is this related to the update? kind of new to modding, sorry for the noob questions.

Guys, why do so many people insist on just copying over mods and expecting them to just work?? A lot of things that you can't actually see in the game have been changed, and it results in breakages in a lot of different things that were built to be compatible with earlier versions.

This was an issue with another mod pack before it started getting patched, so yes you probably are having issues related to scaling and node placement. I would recommend checking on those mod packages over on a release thread here on the forums, over on SpacePort, or by contacting the author directly if neither of those avenues lead you to any potential updates for them.

If that doesn't help, look at the thread for broken mods in .20, and you'll find some pointers on common edits to the .cfg files that might be necessary in order to fix what you're seeing. :)

I dont have mods, also reinstalled ksp 3 times and deleted all previous data. Still have stupid bugs [random movements of rocket] and about 15-25 fps.

You might be able to get some help with the problem if you gave people some information to run with to help find the bottleneck.

• What kind of hardware specs do you have?
  • What operating system are you using?
  • Latest drivers installed?
  • What else is running besides KSP on the computer? (Watching 1080p videos while the game is running tends to make the computer gnomes commit suicide after a time)
  • How many parts in that rocket?

KSP is power hungry and pushes the limits of any system if you go too crazy with the part counts. Give us something to work with besides grumbling about what you're seeing and we might be able to help! That is, unless you're already aware of the problem, can't do anything about it and just wanted to vent, which is okay too. :)

You might be able to get some help with the problem if you gave people some information to run with to help find the bottleneck.

• What kind of hardware specs do you have?
  • What operating system are you using?
  • Latest drivers installed?
  • What else is running besides KSP on the computer? (Watching 1080p videos while the game is running tends to make the computer gnomes commit suicide after a time)
  • How many parts in that rocket?

KSP is power hungry and pushes the limits of any system if you go too crazy with the part counts. Give us something to work with besides grumbling about what you're seeing and we might be able to help! That is, unless you're already aware of the problem, can't do anything about it and just wanted to vent, which is okay too. :)

As i said in my previous post "Im laughing, just laughing. On my pc (i5 2500k, radeon 6870, 8gb ddr3, ssd) i have lags in... MENU. When I tested craft build from 4 parts I had 20-30 fps. U call it "PATCH"? Its -fluffy bunnies-. I was waiting 2 months (or more?) for few new parts and huge number of bugs. Im really disappointed."

-Latest drivers installed

-No, I dont watch -funny animal videos- while playing ksp.

-Windows 7 x64

On 0.19 everything was perfect, so now its fault of drivers that my 0.20 is lagging? Thats not make sense.

EDIT: Ted, show me where I'm so aggressive? rofl

Edited by KasperVld
cleaned up post

Ease up there, Witold, there's no need to be so aggressive in your posting. In fact, you'll get a better response if you're nicer in your posting.

Anyway, there's a multitude of reasons for lag occurring in this update, I would pin it on normal maps not being liked too much by ATI/AMD cards.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.