Opinions on 0.20

tstehler1

Pretty sure he was talking about the post I was quoting, not me.

Absolutely. I'd never throw down an accusation like that to a member who has been so active for so long. Everybody has their :3 moments, but it's almost too obvious when the first post of a brand-new account is almost going out of its way to try to start a ruckus.

Radio "personalities" do it to get people to call in with opinions because time is limited. Do it on an internet forum though, and you're just being a dimwit troll. I suppose the main difference that matters is that the radio jock is getting paid to be a douche, so he's got motivation I can at least identify with beyond doing it "for the lulz". :D

Edited by Deadweasel

I hate to say this, bc you guys are probably going to rip on me. But the mods have ruined me. Ive spent alot of time building some very efficient vehicles. To me that is where the fun is. Seeing how creative you can build. And then if it actually works. Anyway, the stock parts just seem boring. I use the basics, like kethane,bobcat,damned robotic for the hinges. thats just my own opinion. I played enough to see how it runs. I really dont see what everyone is so excited about, the seats and flag will get old soon enough. To me the best part about 2.0 is the work they are doing to performance. Im going to just wait for the updates, bc im getting bored with it now.

You do what I'm doing, Still play .19.1 while waiting for the mods to update to .20, After all, I would rather play with my favorite mods than play the newest update.

Let's look at it this way, Mods are already part of your game, KSP base have update to .20, but your mods still don't. So you could say that .20 isn't there yet. and you can stick to .19

um yeah that is what i said

So basically not a big deal. You're not alone in that you like the experience better with your favorite mods. After all, that's why the mods exist in the first place, right? To add functionality, parts and features that Squad haven't thought of or implemented (yet?).

I'm sure there are many, MANY people who feel just the same as you and I in that respect. People like us are why others are already rushing to try to adapt their favorites to the new version asap. KWRocketry, SubAssemblyLoader and MechJeb2 are already fixed for .20, so it's apparent there's action being taken as we speak. :)

Anyway, the stock parts just seem boring.

I'd rather have stability first, then variety later. Right now, the stability and increased speed I'm enjoying with v0.20 is unprecedented, and I only have a very modest setup. Variety always comes after all. But if you want to master something, stability and speed should come first, and I'm glad Squad made that a priority. Also, as a modder for older games like flight simulators, Rainbow Six, Rogue Spear, ArmA etc., I like the new setup with dedicated mod folders--that should always be the logical approach, if only to streamline how stock and mods work together.

-RODION

I'd rather have stability first, then variety later. Right now, the stability and increased speed I'm enjoying with v0.20 is unprecedented, and I only have a very modest setup. Variety always comes after all. But if you want to master something, stability and speed should come first, and I'm glad Squad made that a priority. Also, as a modder for older games like flight simulators, Rainbow Six, Rogue Spear, ArmA etc., I like the new setup with dedicated mod folders--that should always be the logical approach, if only to streamline how stock and mods work together.

-RODION

Heh, I actually flew up one of the included demo rockets (MapSAT) just to see how it goes. Holy smokes does this latest version make a difference! Also the new air dynamics seem to be pretty cool as well.

Also the new air dynamics seem to be pretty cool as well.
I have yet to try that on my SSTO spaceplane designs--maybe now I can finally land one without having to fiddle too much with fuel tank re-balancing just to get the CoG and lift values right for a runway landing.

-RODION

So basically not a big deal. You're not alone in that you like the experience better with your favorite mods. After all, that's why the mods exist in the first place, right? To add functionality, parts and features that Squad haven't thought of or implemented (yet?).

I'm sure there are many, MANY people who feel just the same as you and I in that respect. People like us are why others are already rushing to try to adapt their favorites to the new version asap. KWRocketry, SubAssemblyLoader and MechJeb2 are already fixed for .20, so it's apparent there's action being taken as we speak. :)

thats pretty fast, i erased that quote you responded to bc it was ment for someone else. but it was not in time i guess.

thats pretty fast, i erased that quote you responded to bc it was ment for someone else. but it was not in time i guess.

LOL sorry, I'm a writer, so I tend to get my thoughts through the keyboard pretty quickly. :)

I have yet to try that on my SSTO spaceplane designs--maybe now I can finally land one without having to fiddle too much with fuel tank re-balancing just to get the CoG and lift values right for a runway landing.

-RODION

I'm waiting for a couple of mods to update so I can try out my favorite SSTO V/STOL frame again. The way the rocket handled makes me believe the plane will behave more aerodynamically-correct, in that it will tend to want to face the direction in which it's flying, instead of wantonly flipping out if I get ham-fisted with the controls. I'm hopeful, but won't be too disappointed if I'm wrong. The plane is stable as all heck anyway, so even if the changes don't make much difference in how it behaves, it'll still be a treat to fly.

I'm waiting for a couple of mods to update so I can try out my favorite SSTO V/STOL frame again. The way the rocket handled makes me believe the plane will behave more aerodynamically-correct, in that it will tend to want to face the direction in which it's flying, instead of wantonly flipping out if I get ham-fisted with the controls.

That would be sweet news indeed. Among the other things I really like?

1) I can now switch from vessel to vessel faster via the map view--very handy for multi-vessel missions.

2) I like how you can delete debris directly from the Tracking Station.

3) Those Tracking Station icons are really handy if you have a ton of stuff up in space and need to sort them out.

-RODION

question: are all the mods that were working on 0.191 still working with 0.20?

not romfarer (or however its spelled) laser system. KW rocketry is working fine and I ll check on hydrojeb auto docking later.

Still Playing in 19.1 (My Steam Copy Auto Updated.. and i have yet to play it yet :D) I am Hoping that my most Relied upon Mods Kosmos, BobCats Russian PAck (for the Proton & Soyuz) and Mechjeb 2 Will Work...

Only one way to find out...

i have to wait till i get back from school to find out

Absolutely. I'd never throw down an accusation like that to a member who has been so active for so long. Everybody has their :3 moments, but it's almost too obvious when the first post of a brand-new account is almost going out of its way to try to start a ruckus.

Radio "personalities" do it to get people to call in with opinions because time is limited. Do it on an internet forum though, and you're just being a dimwit troll. I suppose the main difference that matters is that the radio jock is getting paid to be a douche, so he's got motivation I can at least identify with beyond doing it "for the lulz". :D

Start a ruckus? its an OPINION thread, i stated mine, not everyone is a brown-noser or too afraid to state the obvious, buggy patch w. very little content considering it took 2 months.

sargerho that is what i mentioned.

lyndon i agree, but steam just auto updated, is there a way around that?

no legal way that I know of :wink:

But if you have a backup copy of .19, temporarily switch the folders of .19 and .20 so that .19 will be placed on the steam ksp folder. and .20 on the back up, then tell steam not to auto update KSP, that way you could play KSP .19 on steam.

no legal way that I know of :wink:

But if you have a backup copy of .19, temporarily switch the folders of .19 and .20 so that .19 will be placed on the steam ksp folder. and .20 on the back up, then tell steam not to auto update KSP, that way you could play KSP .19 on steam.

I will try that thank you

Start a ruckus? its an OPINION thread, i stated mine, not everyone is a brown-noser or too afraid to state the obvious, buggy patch w. very little content considering it took 2 months.

It was a discussion, but this is turning it into a one-sided complaint thread and flame war. If this continues, it's getting locked. Your lack of constructive input isn't giving anything to this thread.

Correction: your *uninformed* opinion. If you were at all active in these forums, you'd have seen all of the discussion regarding the changes. Few are actually visible in the form of new parts and GUI updates. In your opinion, the only changes that are worthy of note are additional parts, but the bulk of the rest of us are quite pleased (again, as indicated by ongoing discussions) with the fact that Squad are putting more attention into the performance and handling of the game engine in-general.

Anyway, to the ruckus angle: "brown-noser"? "too afraid"? Yeah, I rest my case. :)

I hate to say this, bc you guys are probably going to rip on me. But the mods have ruined me. Ive spent alot of time building some very efficient vehicles. To me that is where the fun is. Seeing how creative you can build. And then if it actually works. Anyway, the stock parts just seem boring. I use the basics, like kethane,bobcat,damned robotic for the hinges. thats just my own opinion. I played enough to see how it runs. I really dont see what everyone is so excited about, the seats and flag will get old soon enough. To me the best part about 2.0 is the work they are doing to performance. Im going to just wait for the updates, bc im getting bored with it now.

What the hell dude, you could expected this pretty much. I have my save game carried over to 0.20 and im slowly adding one mod at the time as modders are realsing 0.20 versions... so in day or two i'll be running like before.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.