KSPX parts on the new official release?

stupid_chris

Alright I noticed something and suprised no one made the comment but... Is it me or some parts from the KSPX part pack have been added as official parts to the .20 update? Like the one man landing can looks EXACTLY like the KSPX one, so does the space station pod (panopticon?), the "Atlas" Engine has been added, with the same description (power of large cities...) So yeah is it just me?? Also the two new probe cores are pretty much the same as the RC guidance units from the part pack, but with a different texture. Idk Did they actually merge them? :0.0:

Actually this deserves more a "Jeb can you aim this SRB at me, strap a seat to the top and slap me while passing me by?"

Thats it, NASA has a new mission. Also, funding wouldnt even be in question if they had the ability to do that.

Until the whole pack gets updated, I wanted to add the Large Nuclear Engine to a ship and Im having trouble doing so. I modified the parts.cfg file to have the

PART{

}

bit so it showed up but the attachment point on the bottom of the model where I'd put a decoupler is messed up. The part explodes when its decoupled. This makes flying hard.

I tried the scale = 1 thing shown elsewhere and didnt get that to work. Anyone have a bright idea? I just want this one part for now.

The "missing" large NERVA is the one part I was really hoping would make it over from the KSPX part pack. However, I'll deal.

That, the different sized round batteries and the smaller RCS 2.5m tanks are the things I "miss". However, I think I am going to try to go all stock this time around. We'll see if it lasts (I really like the inflatable rotating hab ring from Bobcat, that and the regular inflatable hab that Nova did awhile back and someone converted for .19 compatibility).

The space station pod, the 1 man lander can and the "Atlas" 2.5m rocket engine however were the 3 parts from the KSPX pack that I used very, very extensively. So I am glad to see that they made it over. The Atlas especially. I probably use it in 80% of my 2.5m rocket designs as the top stage engine as thrust is usually much less of a concern for the final stage, but the lower weight is a big help.

Ahhh, tanks!

I might load some of the parts again just cause I do miss them and hope they are stock at some point (more by way of meaning it seems like they should be stock).

I kind of hope/think/wonder if the incremental updates between .20 and .21 might see a few new KSPX or other parts added in as well as little bonuses to the bug squashing releases (I assume there'll be at least one or two bug quash releases somewhere before .21).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.