[Mod Craft] Mobile M&E Jump Rover "RAMROD"

So, while exploring the new big wheels, I made this big guy.

First with a Bobcat Industries mk3 (I thinks) rover, attached to a side, for deployment and exploring. (this you can adapt if you get the craft file)

Later, I thought this would serve well as a mobile base, still asking for a little exploration vehicle. Then the RAMROD came up.

Based on designs from about three months ago, the thing got better due to kethane, along with what I call the Grasshopper. A little exploratory pod, able to take off from the Ramrod and go to... explore something else...

Now you can land, explore, drill for kethane and keep on going with the beast for further data recollecting. The ramrod is designed for small gravity worlds, you drill kethane, convert and jump to other location of interest with the grasshopper attached on top (for balance reasons, for it was to be placed on the back observation platform)

The launch system is the same a fellow KSPlayer designed version of MOLAB from NASA. (Respect!!!) I just don't remember the dude's name right now.There is one thing though, while on take off, you'll have to pay attention to the stages, as they're not in the correct order (My bad). I'd try to correct them but I don't have the time right now.

NOTE: The pictures do not correspond perfectly with the final product. Some improvements were made, for better use, and not tested (But for sure they are better...)

NOTE 2: Test the thing. All the major work is done, you just have to tweak a bit with the parts for it.

Craft file (mod version): https://www.dropbox.com/s/xtjaihhy06cdtj9/Jump%20M%26E%20Rover%20Ramrod.craft

STOCK (What the heck!), with Hitch-hiker Module (415 parts) : https://www.dropbox.com/s/q8yqxx0xjkbtu9b/Jump%20Explorer%20Rover%20Ramrod%20STOCK.craft

Parts: 419

Mods: Kethane pack

Launching: Pretty much the same, gravity turn started on 10 000m (or even a bit more, say... 13 to 15 thousand) to 45 degrees then circularize and... there you go. After that, you'll have to pay attention to the external tanks on the Ramrod, these wil get you to the moon or minmus, but when these are empty, you can jettison them to carry less load and a better performance.

Feel free to put questions or suggestions, friends. I think this is the best I've ever made and I have also a Stock version aboard (without kethane though, you can't refuel your grasshopper). If you care to request.

Enjoy, and fly higher!

The full apparatus...

dYdbiSu.jpg

For the better performance of drilling, there are four gigantors.

dYdbiSu.jpg

The Grasshopper, after deployment:

FZknzNE.png

They all look pretty, don't they?

ix910Qf.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.