The Omni Tug

My interpretation of the basic design Scott Manley is using for a tug in his reusable space program, this ship is designed to haul "trains" of cargo. It features both a standard docking port (fore) and the new large size (aft). Quantum struts are used to strengthen connections with the smaller port. It uses a double set of nuclear engines to provide forward and reverse thrust without the need to completely rotate the craft (and the long train it's pulling). Action groups are used to toggle one set of engines on and the other off; while at the same time using colored indicator lights to show which engines are active.

Mostly stock but with a B9 Aerospace cockpit and colored lights, and of course the Quantum Struts.

Craft File:

download

Album (5 images) - http://imgur.com/a/NH0XZ

LGRs2qz.jpg

I made a very similar one after watching Scott's videos except that I placed a dock directly on the cabin and just carry a smaller tug on it for smaller crafts or tools. I do agree with musketeer, tho only to a certain extent. The thing can pull one of two modules at a time pretty well, but more than that it's just not worth it. You should probably think about making a bigger one in case you want to move whole stations at a time :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.