Yoonyte-I (Soyuz TMA-M Lookalike and WORKALIKE)

Hey all. I'm coming at you with a new craft. All stock this time, and it should be pretty much perfect.

So, it's been bothering me about the lack of proper Soyuz craft out there. There are some great /looking/ ones, but there just aren't any that satisfy the "Workalike" part of it all. Of course there are mods, but I wanted a stock one so that everyone can use it.

My goals for the craft were as follows:

-Has to work like a Soyuz.

-3 man reentry module.

-3 man orbital module.

-Unmanned service module.

-Pointy liquid fueled boosters

-2-stage core.

-Escape tower system.

-Beautiful, gorgeous basket type decouplers.

-Engine clustering.

-Make it LOOK like a Soyuz.

-Has to fly well (and boy does it).

-Has to be usable if I want to actually do things in orbit with it.

-Has to be stock so that everyone can access it.

Here are some pics:

LeMsz3v.png

uofESiZ.jpg

V2N9exV.jpg

qDHDbqQ.png

jScdj3j.png

Full imgur album here.

In that picture of the capsule being released from the orbital core, the core had about 80-90% fuel left after attaining a 125Km circular orbit.

ACTION GROUPS:

1: Toggle all CENTRAL gimballed engines. The 4 LV-T45s on the core, the 4 LV-T45s on the orbital core, and the single LV-909 on the actual vehicle. SIDE BOOSTERS USE LV-T30 ONLY and are NOT vectored.

9: Toggle Panels.

0: Emergency/landing mode.

If you are going to ABORT in atmosphere, hit your ABORT button and then 0 once the escape tower SRBs burn out. 0 does the following:

-Decouple the escape tower/shroud.

-Undock the node where the two manned pods are attached.

-Deploy entry module's parachutes.

-Activate entry module's retrorockets.

It is for this reason that it can work for landing mode too, staging should be set up properly anyhow.

If you've done a retroburn and are re-entering, and do not use the 0 key, staging will WORK but you will need to undock the docking ports between the orbital and entry module manually.

The landing-softening engines are the small radial orange ones all fueled from a single toroid. They do not burn very long, so only use them RIGHT as you touch down. They are landing softening engines, not adjustment ones, that's ALL they're good for.

The .CRAFT file is here if you would like to download it. But be forewarned that the goal of this craft was NOT to be easy on the part count (it has 345) or have no debris in orbit (mine left 10 pieces of debris, though most were fairly small strut bases) so just know that. But there it is. :D

Awesome.

-M5

Edited by M5000

Sorry guys, yes I did intend to make my own thread, as everyone does for the craft they're proud of.

Spaceport is being REALLY slow with getting the file up there... I want to release it so you guys can have fun with it too, and I'm quite proud of this one.

Thank you much for the compliment, and the .craft file is live on spaceport, thanks to some jimmyjacking from our friend Ted. I've posted the link near the bottom of the OP.

• 4 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.