You Will Not Go To Space Today - Post your fails here!

Mastodon

Trying to launch a moderate sized interplanetary ship for Jool on one rocket is very hard to do. Most notably because of the struts needed, and the part count:

screenshot397.jpg

^Just the first try. Okay, now, try adding more struts.

screenshot444.jpg

...more struts

I was working on a rocket and wanted to change something real quick, and when i placed my other stage back onto the rocket, it did the lockup & symmetry thing... I didnt think of getting a screenshot of it, but I did say the heck with it and tried launching it. More like detonating it. 876 parts. Here are the remains on the launchpad. You will not be going to space today, or going home... Sorry Jeb!

oops.jpg

I was working on a rocket and wanted to change something real quick, and when i placed my other stage back onto the rocket, it did the lockup & symmetry thing... I didnt think of getting a screenshot of it, but I did say the heck with it and tried launching it. More like detonating it. 876 parts. Here are the remains on the launchpad. You will not be going to space today, or going home... Sorry Jeb!

%7Boption%7Dhttp://mgcjerry.net/forum_images/oops.jpg%7Boption%7D

HOW are they all pointing like that?

This isn't technically a fail, more of a glitch, but I think it's worth it anyway.

I was testing a new Single-launch-to-Minmus-but-need-to-refuel-at-a-station type craft, and after a bit of flying, I arrived at my partially assembled base.

screenshot852.jpg

Unfortunately, one of my kerbals, while floating to the hab module, landed (and tripped) on the monopropellent storage tank and fell.

screenshot884.jpg

Ominous screen glitch

screenshot891.jpg

This has happened to me before, where the screen glitched and then the kerbal would magically appear in orbit. But not this time.

There USED to be a base there.

screenshot903.jpg

It seems kerbals have a very high energy yield.

Well one day I designed an asparagus staged rocket first time after a bit of testing it got a small probe on a collision course with the Mun I time warp for too long go back to 1 time acceleration and check my speed it is 734m/s but the Mun is too close I burn my engine at full throttle and crash into the terrain at 100m/s. Mental note check your attitude next time. ;.;

Sorry no pics.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.