You Will Not Go To Space Today - Post your fails here!

Mastodon

I was digging around in some of my old videos from .18 or .19 I don't remember, but here is my first Laythe Landing(bottom line....TOP HEAVY!):rolleyes:. This may look familiar to some of the members from before the Forum "redo".

P.S. my screen name was different then.

Edited by ravis788

I remember I was delivering the Cupola module (With brave Jentop Kerman inside) to my space station. The launch was going well, so I started reading the sticky notes inside the module. After a while, out of the corner of my eye, I caught the navball spinning around. Before I could even do anything about it, I crashed into the ocean.

Jeb was stranded at Gilly, so a rocket was made from some spare parts left from previous missions. A command seat with RCS and a nuke engine.

screenshot7s.pngscreenshot18s.png

Using the rover lander from the previous mission + new command seat module to get back to the still orbiting fuel tank.

screenshot19s.pngscreenshot26s.png

It worked!

screenshot28s.pngscreenshot31s.png

Except that the command seat broke when the shutes fully deployed, sending Jeb in a +/- 500 meter freefall... At least he died on Kerbin ;.;

Unfortunately imgur decided to ignore order, but I think you get the idea;

<iframe class="imgur-album" width="100%" height="550" frameborder="0" src="http://imgur.com/a/PFdPf/embed"></iframe>

The launch was going well

That right there should have set off some alarm bells :D

=Smidge=

I launched the second part of my Duna mission ship, and the launch was so perfect, and the rocket so efficient, i didn't have to use the 2nd set of boosters!

Set up a rendevous, got to within 200m of the rest of the ship, forgot that my second set of boosters were still attached to my ship... hit space to decouple the payload from the rest of the ship and the boosters fired up... you can see where this is going :P

Oh god...just finished a rescue mission on the Mun where a lander is too low on fuel to return...and the rescue vessel returned with only 7 m/s left over... pics soon.

Edit: Here they are.

screenshot879.jpg

The rescue craft is arriving at my Mun station Unity 2 to refuel before attempting the rescue mission.

screenshot921.jpg

A successful touchdown by the rescue craft, only 200 m from the stranded craft

screenshot1031.jpg

Just enough delta-v to bring the lander back...without sending ANOTHER rescue craft to refuel it.

Edited by SDIR

Spent hours making a two part ship, trying to get into orbit both stages, and after some time learning how to rendezvous and couple, found out that the C-O-T were in the wrong position. So, abort mission, back to the VAB, rotate the C-O-T and launch again, then realize I forgot to add the RCS tank to the main module.

For the love of Kerbol Jeb, think before launching!

I believe this is attempt #8 to send a new version of my general purpose tug into space...

screenshot67_zps17df8dfe.png

First I had launch clamp failures, then I replaced the SRB's with liquid fuel boosters then I suddenly had problems with the docking port sr not wanting to stay connected to the rest of the rocket, then I removed the sr (after strutting the hell out of everything it still wouldn't stay put) and restrutted everything and finally got it to space... only to find I screwed up on the fuel lines *flips table*

Oh man, I have had my fair share of fails, but I never take pictures of them! :(

0ac2987958ebc235eadc2a0ba0dbd2d1.png

Here is an example of some... Slight structural failure just after launch. And don't hate me because of Mechjeb, I only used it for checking my Orbit and ÃŽâ€v.

9a805c772b364d0c5bfc9e78acc27480.png

The dangers of landing on your Münar injection stage! After carrying on the balancing act just long enough to plant a flag for a photo, my rocket promptly fell down, shattering into pieces.

Just tried to land on Gilly at 0º 0.º All was going peachy, then suddenly i realize i'm stuck in a fixed point in space, 5.808 meters above. The meter reads 4,7m/s, but it's all lies lol. I can burn fuel and move the ship, but it's useless, the thing's center of mass is like fixed in space.... And there goes my latest mission lol.

I would post a picture, but the scenario is actually pretty damn uninteresting :P

Just tried to land on Gilly at 0º 0.º All was going peachy, then suddenly i realize i'm stuck in a fixed point in space, 5.808 meters above. The meter reads 4,7m/s, but it's all lies lol. I can burn fuel and move the ship, but it's useless, the thing's center of mass is like fixed in space.... And there goes my latest mission lol.

I would post a picture, but the scenario is actually pretty damn uninteresting :P

If you move fuel around, you shift the center of mass. I wonder what would happen than

Well i actually wasted half of my tanks trying to get out of there lol. I guess that should have moved it too. The center of mass i mean... well and the ship... you know :P

Also, another fail, i quickloaded and i was in solar orbit again doh!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.