Warp Nacelles

Wavenarra

Ok so for the First Set of Nacelles - Can't get them to stay on the Ship - as soon as they Fire they are Gone.

For the second set - Do they need Fuel or something? I can't get them to Fire up

1) you need to reduce the thrust (ctrl) as much as possible for the initial flight or they will continue to advance without your actual ship :P

you can gradually increase thrust (shift) on the flight (be careful though ! ) it is a good idea to use them only after you reached space already.

2) yes, they need fuel, for some reason the dual pylon does not let fuel through, just add some fuel tanks on top of the nacelle :) (i would suggest the federation ones as the fuel consumption is rather outrageous !)

see image:

20110717232250.th.jpg

/evilmaddy

1) you need to reduce the thrust (ctrl) as much as possible for the initial flight or they will continue to advance without your actual ship :P

you can gradually increase thrust (shift) on the flight (be careful though ! ) it is a good idea to use them only after you reached space already.

2) yes, they need fuel, for some reason the dual pylon does not let fuel through, just add some fuel tanks on top of the nacelle :) (i would suggest the federation ones as the fuel consumption is rather outrageous !)

see image:

20110717232250.th.jpg

/evilmaddy

Make the pylons 'FuelTank' module instead of 'Strut', that should allow fuel flow.

This thread makes me want to make some Phoenix-esque nacelles of my own. Not sure I can get the scale right or even get all 6 nodes place properly on the stack holder. Nacelles are tanks, butt of them liquid engines, hopefully.

If I could at least decompile one of the vanilla models(bleeder refuses to) it would work wonders in figuring out how many polies to go by and size of parts. Plus some cfg instruction is needed. Will Pursue this until someone pm's me help telling me how to go about things.

I'm using blender and my mods keep the game from loading, am I using the wrong dae format? Basically I see my part during the loading screen and it never finishes loading. Does blender have a Collada exporter that's not compatible with KSP or am I not creating the model right?

This thread makes me want to make some Phoenix-esque nacelles of my own. Not sure I can get the scale right or even get all 6 nodes place properly on the stack holder. Nacelles are tanks, butt of them liquid engines, hopefully.

If I could at least decompile one of the vanilla models(bleeder refuses to) it would work wonders in figuring out how many polies to go by and size of parts. Plus some cfg instruction is needed. Will Pursue this until someone pm's me help telling me how to go about things.

I'm using blender and my mods keep the game from loading, am I using the wrong dae format? Basically I see my part during the loading screen and it never finishes loading. Does blender have a Collada exporter that's not compatible with KSP or am I not creating the model right?

Blender can't import the .dae model, I usually eyeball it. :V

Here's the wiki's info on CFG editing, I wrote it myself.

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/index.php?title=CFG_File_Documentation

Finally I'm not getting server errors every-time I try to view a post.

I figured out my problem, the .dae exporter I had was out of date and would cause kerbal to never load. I got a new Blender plugin for exporting .dae and am now getting my liquid powered nacelles working. I just wish I could get a tri-lateral coupler made so I can finally make a Phoenix looking vessel fly to an insane height.

I'm just wondering if I should make my own thread since I'm getting close to wanting to release these after I test them in the new game build.

Has anyone gotten either attempt at warp engines to work? These 'booster' nacelles explode as soon as I activate them, in space or not, and the other ones will throttle up to a certain speed and then, for no reason, detach from my ship!

yay spend 15 minutes building a rocket that should of worked.. i get up to 200k meters go to launch the warp boosters and poof the engines disappear in a black cloud..

these things need a ton of work.

Hi ! I like your Nacelles :)

And I do not want to hijack your thread on purpose but I made some warp-nacelles myself :)

Included in the first release of some Trek-related modules:

20110716184742.th.jpg

I guess the parts need some tweaking physics-wise. Please let me know if you got any ideas in improving them.

See attachments.

/evilmaddy

i like your dual pylon coupler, but it breaks the option to save craft's. anything on the craft from the dual pylon coupler down does not get saved.

i like your dual pylon coupler, but it breaks the option to save craft's. anything on the craft from the dual pylon coupler down does not get saved.

Sounds like the old underscore issue once again.

Check the name attribute in the config file of the part that's not showing back up on reload. $50 says there's an underscore in it. This is a big no no.

Arrr!

Capt'n Skunky

Sounds like the old underscore issue once again.

Check the name attribute in the config file of the part that's not showing back up on reload. $50 says there's an underscore in it. This is a big no no.

Arrr!

Capt'n Skunky

yeah he used it on everything.. thanks for the heads up i guess i'll just edit them myself.

• 3 months later...

The textures could do with a bit of work here, they could be much worse, but generally the biggest problem is that it seems out of place, how big are the texture files, and what method did you UV map this with?

If you\'re scratching your head over UV Mapping in Max (like I am!) , there\'s a free tool that generates easy UV maps somewhere online, UV Studio, or something along the lines of that.

• 1 month later...

Hi ! I like your Nacelles :)

And I do not want to hijack your thread on purpose but I made some warp-nacelles myself :)

Included in the first release of some Trek-related modules:

20110716184742.th.jpg

I guess the parts need some tweaking physics-wise. Please let me know if you got any ideas in improving them.

See attachments.

/evilmaddy

Hi!

Please reload or refresh your file, it\'s not working - corrupted archive

sorry for english